Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 24th August 2019, 14:58   #1
supercooper

supercooper is on a distinguished road
Default Air bag light.....

Right, complete newbie to saxo vts. Bought one in great condition but airbag light flashing. So before fixing it I decided to fit an aftermarket steering wheel. Light still flashing. Disconnected connectors under seat and replugged them back in. Light flashing. Put 10ohm resistor in and still flashing. Then read should be less so fitted 2.2ohm resistor and light now steady on. So guess fixed seat belt tensioners and by fitting 2.2ohm resistor I now have steady lit light so does that mean all is OK but my airbag ecu has fault stored in it and needs clearing??
Any help here please.
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 18:20   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

When you turn your ignition on ,the air bag light should go off after a few secs.With it still on means there is a fault in the system somewhere.Also it's an mot fail too.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 18:28   #3
supercooper

Yes but what's the difference between a steady air bag light and flashing? Somebody must know because nobody seems to have every Stated the difference after all these years of posts.
Like I said, if I have the 10ohm resistor in the steering wheel airbag plug it flashes but when I changed it from 10 to 2.2ohm resistor at the steering wheel it's now steady. So wondered does that mean I need to put bullet connectors under the seats because steady light means tensionors? And flashing steering wheel?
Cheers
Old 25th August 2019, 11:03   #4
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Hi, I believe it is the other way round. Flashing is pre-tensioner warning, steady is airbag warning. Just check it isn't something as daft as having the passenger air bag set to off (key switch on the middle of the dashboard). If everything else is working and you turn that to off, that get's you a solid airbag light.
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2019, 14:45   #5
supercooper

Hahahaha you've got to be kidding well had issue with pretensioners and stupidly decided to do steering wheel change before fixing wires under seats. I also.... Decided to take my little one out in the front seat so disabled the passenger airbag redone wires under and done the 2.2ohm resistor at steering wheel and now got solid light... So when I get off holidays I will turn passenger airbag back on and report aces sir!!
Old 27th August 2019, 00:29   #6
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

hahaha brilliant. Bound to be that then. Let us know but I'd say it's likely all will be fine once you switch it back on!
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote