Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 24th January 2010, 12:42   #2721
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Are you on solids? I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that you were on 290 degree cams? I'm on 280's, hydro lifters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 12:42   #2722
vtr130
Established Member

iTrader Score: -2 (0%)
vtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
I live along Derby Road. So you just head up the hill from Caversham town centre, past the pub on the left, then take a right where a speed camera is, and that's Derby Road. How cool.
Well have to sort something out mate!! Go for a drink next weekend or something! Il have vowed to fix my saxo next month so hopefully it will be alive again soon.

What is the spec of you car now? Last time i was on here you had just got your plastic windows lol
Old 24th January 2010, 12:44   #2723
vtr130
Established Member

vtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Are you on solids? I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that you were on 290 degree cams? I'm on 280's, hydro lifters.
Catcams 809's with solid lifters yes!! I think there actual degree is around 286 on the inlet. Less on the exhaust. But i can't really remember lol
Old 24th January 2010, 12:55   #2724
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Ah, gotcha.

Yeah, sounds good to me chap. Do you have a garage where you work on your car? I'm happy to lend a hand, but I'm shit with electrics.

Yeah, the cars had a fair few things done to it. I won't list everything out, but in a nutshell, it's on AT Power iTBs, 80mm wossner pistons, Newman PH4 cams. 185.2bhp and 140lb/ft from Northampton Motorsport. It's making more than it should for the cam profile. I'm soon to trial some larger trumpets, as the ones I've got at the moment are diddy.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24th January 2010, 13:14   #2725
vtr130
Established Member

Quote:
Ah, gotcha.

Yeah, sounds good to me chap. Do you have a garage where you work on your car? I'm happy to lend a hand, but I'm shit with electrics.

Yeah, the cars had a fair few things done to it. I won't list everything out, but in a nutshell, it's on AT Power iTBs, 80mm wossner pistons, Newman PH4 cams. 185.2bhp and 140lb/ft from Northampton Motorsport. It's making more than it should for the cam profile. I'm soon to trial some larger trumpets, as the ones I've got at the moment are diddy.
No, no garage here mate!! The car is still in sandhurst at my parents house atm. With my evo as well.... But both of the damn cars are bloody broken which is an absolute nightmate!!

I will let you know if i manage to get the saxo over here!!

It just has not tax or mot so the RAC wont tow it..... I have a trailer i can borrow just no tow bar
Old 27th January 2010, 15:25   #2726
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Yes, indeed it is...

Got some in the post. Due to arrive tomorrow or Friday. Will obviously take the usual snaps and post them up.

Some positive news is that someone with a similar setup to me managed an increase of 10lb/ft through a wide area of the midrange going from 40mm (what I currently have) to the 90mm. I'm noting getting my hopes up too greatly, but it's promising nonetheless.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 27th January 2010, 15:59   #2727
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Right then, all booked in at Northampton Motorsport on the 9th of Feb.

Things to do will be as follows:

Check flow rates and possbily clean the injectors
Test for any hint of blue smoke after letting off from WOT - Possible ring issue
Test for any hint of blue smoke when going WOT after leaving to idle for a few minutes - Possible stem seal issue
Power run on current set up
Install 90mm trumpets and check mapping / re-map if required
Record new power / torque and overlay with original graph

Fingers crossed.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 27th January 2010, 16:07   #2728
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Date changed to the 10th now, lol.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 27th January 2010, 16:48   #2729
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Will be interesting to see how the different length affects the power and torque curve!!! I think it'll make a noticable difference, place your bets now............
Old 27th January 2010, 22:19   #2730
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie_saxo View Post
nice one fella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie_saxo View Post
nice one
eh ?! - still a few more posts to 100
Old 28th January 2010, 00:12   #2731
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Echo what Ross said will be interesting to see the results!

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 13:40   #2732
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
Will be interesting to see how the different length affects the power and torque curve!!! I think it'll make a noticable difference, place your bets now............
If it does make a difference, and I really hope is does, it will be in the midrange touque, probably the most noticeable area. So there's potential for it to feel sweet as a nut!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 28th January 2010, 13:41   #2733
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
Echo what Ross said will be interesting to see the results!
They'll be well documented Josh. I love this stuff, it interests me a lot. Even if I get nothing out of it, it's still good research and well worth documenting.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 28th January 2010, 13:42   #2734
ii-AL3X-ii

Car(s): Aprilla SR 125cc No Car Yet :(
ii-AL3X-ii is on a distinguished road

Thats nice mate! best pug Iv'e seen in ages!
ii-AL3X-ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 21:45   #2735
Olly
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo vtr mk 2
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Olly is on a distinguished road

I think you should get the map tweaked before putting the different trumpets on to rule out any difference from running in... then you can get a direct comparison between lengths. Bit of a fuck about though....

Im heading to northants to get My KMS mapped When the time comes!
Old 29th January 2010, 02:35   #2736
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Very true olly, it's the only way you can get close to direct comparision, obviously still have temp changes and other variables but the mapping is one variable that can be taken out of the guestimate

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 08:38   #2737
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

The map is spot on guys...

If there's anything obviously out of tune, we'll spot it when we do a power run with the 40mm trumpets on.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 29th January 2010, 08:48   #2738
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

yer it will be good to see if any the differances, sound good!! also hope there nothing wrong with the engine! as i think you had enuf bad luck with this car!

andy
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:29   #2739
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

2mb camera phone + night time = Fail.

Will get some proper engine bay pics soon enough. So these are just a taster for now. Man, they're a lot bigger than I thought!

Might have to take the car for a cheeky spin to see what's up...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:44   #2740
AT_Power
L-plater

Car(s): Nissan Skyline
AT_Power is on a distinguished road

They actually fit in a lot better than I imagined they would. Hard for me to imagine as I have never seen under the bonnet of a car with a set of these fitted.

As a matter of fact I have never even driven a car with a set of AT Power throttle bodies on it (other than driving on/off a rolling road). I bet some think my job is all fun too!

As a side note those 90mm ram pipes taper all the way out to 50mm diameter at the end.

P.S. if the engine does draw more air in with those trumpets it will cause it to run lean, I would resist the temptation if you can!
AT_Power is offline   Reply With Quote