Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 12th March 2012, 10:29   #21
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

And fyi:

Quote:
During idling, the ECU sets the idle speed to cater for high-drain applications (air conditioning, electrical components) by increasing the idle speed by allowing air to bypass the throttle regardless of the throttle’s position. The idle control valve (ICV), aka idle air control valve or stepper motor, allows air into the inlet manifold to speedup the idle and to help with smooth deceleration.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:55   #22
porkie77

porkie77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
And fyi:
WHATEVER MATE !!!!

i thought forums were for helping people out ??????
I JOINED THIS SITE TO GET HELP AND HELP OTHERS IF I COULD .....
but with people like you on here why would people bother ???
i tell a poster of my experience and how i cured it and all you wanna do is shoot me down !!!!!
sorry mate but you DONT KNOW EVERYTHING !!!!!
YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED IT .... I HAVE !!!!!
so sorry your logic is DODGY at best ...

all i wanted to do was offer another option for OP to try at no cost to himself as seems he has tried plenty at cost already

so sorry thats it has offended you that i am trying to help someone out
but i am sure that this is what the forum is for .......
porkie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkie77 For This Useful Post:
Old 12th March 2012, 10:59   #23
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Think you need to calm down mate, I was explaining how your method does not work, don't need to take it to heart.

The forum is full of members with experience and also members with lack of experience, ones with more experience correct the ones with less experience and know how.

It isnt my fault that you think the ECU forgets how the car works if you unplug it, why would the ECU forget the throttle position in particular and nothing else?

The triple plug ECUs when remapped can forget that map although not that common.

Anyway, Ive just taken the battery out of my laptop and I need to spin the hard drive round so it knows how fast to spin it. brb.
Old 12th March 2012, 11:13   #24
porkie77

[QUOTE=Mochachino;5858128]Think you need to calm down mate, I was explaining how your method does not work, don't need to take it to heart.

The forum is full of members with experience and also members with lack of experience, ones with more experience correct the ones with less experience and know how.

It isnt my fault that you think the ECU forgets how the car works if you unplug it, why would the ECU forget the throttle position in particular and nothing else?

The triple plug ECUs when remapped can forget that map although not that common.

Anyway, Ive just taken the battery out of my laptop and I need to spin the hard drive round so it knows how fast to spin it. brb.[/QUOTEI

I AINT ONE WITH A PROB .....
MAKES ME LAUGH THAT YOU WANNA SHOOT SOMEONE DOWN JUST BECAUSE
IT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU DIDNT KNOW ...
BUT HEY LIKE I CARE REALLY IT FIXED MY CAR

lol at the little jokes seriously mate you need to grow up ....
nice to see you "experienced" site users welcomin the new users !!!!!
good way to get new members
Old 12th March 2012, 11:18   #25
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkie77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
Think you need to calm down mate, I was explaining how your method does not work, don't need to take it to heart.

Anyway, Ive just taken the battery out of my laptop and I need to spin the hard drive round so it knows how fast to spin it. brb.

I AINT ONE WITH A PROB .....
MAKES ME LAUGH THAT YOU WANNA SHOOT SOMEONE DOWN JUST BECAUSE
IT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU DIDNT KNOW ...
BUT HEY LIKE I CARE REALLY IT FIXED MY CAR

lol at the little jokes seriously mate you need to grow up ....
nice to see you "experienced" site users welcomin the new users !!!!!
good way to get new members
I haven't got a problem either as I just explained to you that I was correcting you. Judging from the attitude you are giving over the internet and the capital letters it would suggest you have got a problem.

Im not welcoming you neither am i not making you welcome. If you cant take being corrected then I think you should grow up.

If you are going to react like this every time you are being corrected then you wont last long. ANYWAY HERE IS MY CAPITAL LETTER CONTRIBUTION.

EDIT: Il remove all the advice ive given as apparently im not welcoming noobs by giving them correct info.

Last edited by Mochachino; 12th March 2012 at 11:22.
Mochachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 11:42   #26
porkie77

lol at it all mate your correcting me on something you have never done ...
funny how people who havent tried it will knock it

and i am sure your correcting me based on your years of dealership training at citreon ?

just want to take this opportuinity to apologise to OP
for this thread becoming what is has

sorry mate

was just ofering a consideration as i had very similar problem and fixed it this way

but i would say it is worth a try as you got nothing to lose apart from 30 seconds of your time if it works all good if not hope you find the problem soon
Old 12th March 2012, 12:36   #27
blacksaxodevil
Regular Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr mk1 mitsi evo 4 project
blacksaxodevil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hi mate just something that might help if battery been off ecu could have reset itself so now doesnt know the value of full throttle and idle throttle try turning on ignition put your foot flat to the floor on the throttle then take your foot off then turn ignition off . then turn ignition back on and start car
this is how you make the ecu understand the values off full and idle throttle

just a guess but may help
funny this worked on my car aswell, and also i used to work for citroen. so you are correct in saying this but it doesnt solve every issue its just trial and error, sometimes it will solv it sometimes it wont.
blacksaxodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 13:23   #28
porkie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksaxodevil View Post
funny this worked on my car aswell, and also i used to work for citroen. so you are correct in saying this but it doesnt solve every issue its just trial and error, sometimes it will solv it sometimes it wont.
hi mate yeah agree totally was just offering an option to try as can see from posters earlier posts that he has tried plenty of stuff so far so just thought it might be worth a try

know it wont work on every car but as its free mite aswell give it a go
Old 13th March 2012, 09:54   #29
mcjacko1987
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): mk2 saxo 1.4 furio in possi blue
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
mcjacko1987 is on a distinguished road

did you find out what it was mate? did engine conversion over weekend and mines doing the same. struggles slightly on startup then when it does revs its nuts off to 6k. mines a mk2 vtr mind but same symptoms. batteries been off all week. the loom (engine and interior)and ecu are off a different car than the engine. so maybe my ecu doesnt know that tps setting. im going to try these ideas that have been mentioned. we checked for air leaks on mine but there is none.
my mate has a 106gti so we unplugged his tps and his decided to rev itself but up2 2500rpm. so with one thats reading wrong (like my vtr one) maybe thats why its revving fully. i'll let you know if i find the fault
mcjacko1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 15:49   #30
minyus

Car(s): 2000 Saxo 1.4 VTS MK2
minyus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hi mate just something that might help if battery been off ecu could have reset itself so now doesnt know the value of full throttle and idle throttle try turning on ignition put your foot flat to the floor on the throttle then take your foot off then turn ignition off . then turn ignition back on and start car
this is how you make the ecu understand the values off full and idle throttle

just a guess but may help
Hi,
Beleive or not this solution is working I had 3500rpms at idle then it lowered to 2000. Tried this trick and it is around 900 again
Thanks a lot...
minyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2018, 10:32   #31
crpt2008

Car(s): Pug 106 TU1M+ 1996 Citroen Picasso 1.6 2003
crpt2008 is on a distinguished road

Hi all
Almost all modern cars have some type of "re-initialization" process.
It differs from model to model and between brands.
Usually to be done after battery disconnection or replacement of parts involved, a good example is ICV (idle control valve) or TPS (throttle position sensor).

Please remember this engines came in several different "flavors", from carburetor to monopoint, multipoint. Same for ignition system and with or without cat... and all these system came also from different manufacturers.
So a LOT of variants. With a lot of small details particular to some versions.

Transcript of PSA procedure for Magneti Marelli G6. Can also apply to some other versions:
B - RECALAGE DU MOTEUR PAS A PAS (ICV)
Couper le contact (pendant 10 secondes).
Mettre le contact (pendants 3 secondes).
Sans accélérer, démarrer le moteur et le laisser tourner au ralenti.
C - AUTO-ADAPTIVITE DE LA RICHESSE (Mix)
Moteur chaud, température d’eau supérieure à 60°C.
Effectuer un roulage minimum de 15 minutes en utilisant les différents
régimes moteur et en particulier :
· 2500 - 3500 tr/mn,
· régime de ralenti,
· pleine charge (pendant 2 secondes)

As another example in my Mercedes if the battery is disconnected. Following system MUST be re-initialized. Radio/code, electric windows and ABS/ESP. Very simple procedure also, but has to be done.
crpt2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2018, 11:55   #32
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

When you post a reset procedure written in French, on a Uk website...
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manu For This Useful Post:
Old 30th March 2018, 12:44   #33
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Sensor range information isn't stored in a RAM so it can't "forget" the range of the sensors if it loses power.

You would only get issues if you changed a sensor and the new sensor was shit and outputting different voltages to OEM sensors.
Old 30th March 2018, 12:45   #34
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
When you post a reset procedure written in French, on a Uk website...
Je ne comprends pas, Senor.