Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 7th April 2016, 22:47   #1
Danieldavidson842

Danieldavidson842 is on a distinguished road
Default High Revving (I know it's been covered before)

Hi guys. I race saxo VTRs in autograss, had one for whole of last year which I bought and it never missed a beat really. This winter I decided to build my own. When he car went to get a roll cage put in it, it was left outside for a number of weeks. When I went to it and started it he idle was very high. I presumed dampness and after leaving it in my unit for a few weeks unstarted or touched, it fired up and ran as usual (as it should), so car didn't idle high for around 6/7 weeks. Recently as in Tuesday, I finished the exhaust system and started it up, idling very high. Started doing research into it and seen that idle control valves, map sensors are common. So tonight I've fiddled about with both cars (one running perfect (well was) and the other idling high. So I thought if one car was running perfect I could swap parts and see if fault follows. So I started with idle control valve. It didn't effect the car that was running well, but did make the high idling car idle even higher!! So after a few hours cleaning and messing about. I read somewhere that the temp sensor can sometime play with this. So I swapped them. Now here's where my problem came, both cars idle the exact same (not far off the limiter), so it could be the temp sensor, or possible idle control valve? But then when I unplug the MAP sensor they both idle lumpy and around 800rpm. So has anyone any advice? Have I to reset anything? Is there a proven repair procedure? Tomorrow I'm going to order two coolant temp sensors, two idle control valves, and two map sensors. Just to keep myself right
Danieldavidson842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 00:25   #2
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road

All I can say is good luck, idle problems with saxo's are a nightmare.
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 09:52   #3
HulmeR87

HulmeR87 is on a distinguished road

What was the out come after buying the parts mate?
HulmeR87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 11:18   #4
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

When you did your exhaust system,did you seal all the sections?Did you touch the manifold?You may have an exhaust leak ,which is drawing gases back into the system.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote