Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 30th December 2007, 18:26   #21
Andy_S
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Andy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to behold

No mate, Debranding a phone removes the modified firmware installed by your provider and installs the latest Nokia generic (standard) firmware.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:28   #22
Andy_S
Established Member

Andy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofurio View Post
i have the 8gb. does this make any difference?
yes i think so, as i dont think V20 is available on the 8gb version, just try using your software updater and see what it comes up with.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:30   #23
alextoffie
Established Member

Car(s): Mauritius blue VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!

The 8GB one as far as i'm aware you can only get from Vodafone? Correct me if i'm wrong but if thats true then it'll be a Voda branded phone.
alextoffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 18:31   #24
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): 08 Golf TDI
Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

indeed i am on vodaphone.
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 18:36   #25
matt151

matt151 is on a distinguished road

I've Got The 8gb One With An O2 Contract....
matt151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 18:37   #26
Andy_S
Established Member

You can still use your PC suite to find if there are any available updates, so you'll just have to try it.

The thing is, i dont think the 8gb version suffers like the original N95, hence why there might not be an upgrade of firmware to V20.

I'll try and find out and see whats available.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:39   #27
matt151

Isnt The Only Difference The Fact That You Get An 8gb Micro Sd Card With It?
Old 30th December 2007, 18:39   #28
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

i find my 8gb runs pretty smooth as it is. ive had none of the problems i read the n95-1 was having.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:40   #29
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

there is no memory card....nor is there a memory card slot. its built in memory
Old 30th December 2007, 18:41   #30
matt151

there is a memory card slot. its for a micro sd card.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:44   #31
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

serious? where is it?
Old 30th December 2007, 18:45   #32
Andy_S
Established Member

Yeah thats what i thought, that aside, its still worth checking now and again for updates though via your PC suite as they can only make the phone better.

Going back to the original N95, the V20 firmware update also gives you more RAM, so that alone is a good enough reason to do it.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:46   #33
matt151

on the left hand side of the fone at the bottom. its for a micro sd card. did you not get one with yours not even a 1gb card?
Old 30th December 2007, 18:47   #34
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

no there is defo no slot for a card on my handset...
Old 30th December 2007, 18:47   #35
matt151

i'm fairly sure the 8gb version is purely the fact it comes with the card. how big is the internal memory?
Old 30th December 2007, 18:48   #36
matt151

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofurio View Post
no there is defo no slot for a card on my handset...
how long you had it?
is it purple and silver?
Old 30th December 2007, 18:54   #37
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

lol no mate its black. its the n95 8gb or n95-2.

had it maybe 2 monthes.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:57   #38
matt151

no idea mate mines the n95-1 on the box it came with 8gb card.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:58   #39
Andy_S
Established Member

The N95 8GB version does not have a slot for a external memory card, its got 8GB internal memory, so therefore you dont need anymore.

Where as the original N95 has less internal memory but has a slot for a 8GB memory card, which is the biggest it'll take anyway.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:58   #40
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

lol this is a brand new handset..different design from yours mate.