Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Website Links... > Non-Saxo Video Links

Non-Saxo Video Links If you would like to share a link to a non-Saxo related video link, please post details within this forum.

Old 20th November 2016, 12:19   #21
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

I still only have HD TV at home as do most people.

Not that it matters as I don't know anyone with a 4k screen on their computer so I think HD is still going to be the default format for quite a while. Heck my current smartphone only does 480p!

The intention was to have a hobby. Not start a proper business via a car channel!

Last edited by hard_corejoeboy; 20th November 2016 at 12:26.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 18:15   #22
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizanthapus View Post
The truth hurts!

Why is it called gassed up? Who says that?!
'Muricans. Petrol cars there are called gassers.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 18:50   #23
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

It's actually something I thought of when listening t "Not Afraid" by Eminem

"Fuck the world feed it beans, it's Gassed Up if it thinks it's stopping me"

That stuck in my mind and it sort of went from there..
Old 21st November 2016, 11:25   #24
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

You guys might want to look at the first episode of the grand tour, Clarkson spent a few minutes lecturing americans about just that. Whenever I speak mechanics with my friends from across the pond, some get lost in translation, "what's a bonnet".
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 14:27   #25
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road

Fuck the haters Hardcore blowjob, how's the polo that you race on track that's not your polo but it might be your polo and we know it's your polo (well the banks) but you deny it's your polo ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 15:02   #26
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

All I can say on that matter is that the Polo I own is mine and isn't financed or loaned in any way.
Old 21st November 2016, 17:31   #27
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road

I’ve done a little filming and editing in the past, and a decent mid-range Canon would outperform most of the above (with the exception of the big boys obviously), although depending on the setup you might have trouble with focus. But ultimately, decent content is more important. There are literally hundreds of YouTube channels with thousands of subscribers which spurt out content filmed from a Laptop webcam. A lot of them are generic 'person in front of a camera' vlogs, but there are also some pretty helpful guides/reviews too. I can’t remember the name off the top of my head, but I once watched a video which explained how to install some pillar pod gauges, the whole thing looked like it was filmed on a phone camera. But it was good, the bloke was very informative, he didn’t fuck about with a 40 second intro, it was the top result on Google and had well over 100k views. The point I’m making is that you can spend thousands on a camera, but if you’re not outputting decent content then you’re wasting your time.

Being brutally honest with you Joe, a few reviews of the new Polo GTi or similar from a non-biased owner’s point of view would make for good viewing. I watched and read loads of reviews from both professionals and amateurs about my last car before buying. However, unless you’re a F1 driver or someone semi-famous, nobody really wants to watch you sit and talk about your car history for 20 minutes, and nobody really wants to watch you unveil your brother’s mystery car from a lock-up (which was reviled in the title, rendering the whole video pointless). And it’s too unprofessional, the ‘amateur look’ is fine, but the videos don’t feel structured, your wording is a bit all over the place, and there are simple mistakes that just need ironing out. I think I watched one of your videos and there was an apology in the description because you accidentally left the camera in the “toy mode” setting.

Your track stuff is fine, keep that on the channel just for filler, and because people like watching track videos, but my advice would be; get rid of the mistakes, focus on some structured, informative reviews, and keep things relatively short and interesting. Then I reckon you’d be on to a winner.
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 19:58   #28
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Yeah the problem is I know I have it in me to be better than a lot of guys doing the same thing just I rush into it and don't plan due to family/child commitments and sp on. You picked up on my mistakes that even I've noticed so you are 100% correct! It's cringe worthy how many "erm" are in my Polo review!

That said my Polo videos have done the best! My walkaround has had around 19k views, sound 14k and my other mini reviews featuring the Polo all have around 2k views which for a small channel of this type is actually quite good. In some ways I'm amazed I even have 223 subs!

I think at first I spent too much time trying to rush videos out as I was under the impression that the more videos I made the better the chance of people watching them.

The main plan for the future is getting a better camera and actually planning things out beforehand.

Tomorrow I'm off to Cardiff to drive 2 Abarths with my brother and I feel like I know so much about the cars and so on but I haven't a clue how I'm actually going to structure and film it.

Last edited by hard_corejoeboy; 21st November 2016 at 20:00.
Old 22nd November 2016, 12:54   #29
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Yeah the problem is I know I have it in me to be better than a lot of guys doing the same thing just I rush into it and don't plan due to family/child commitments and sp on. You picked up on my mistakes that even I've noticed so you are 100% correct! It's cringe worthy how many "erm" are in my Polo review!

That said my Polo videos have done the best! My walkaround has had around 19k views, sound 14k and my other mini reviews featuring the Polo all have around 2k views which for a small channel of this type is actually quite good. In some ways I'm amazed I even have 223 subs!

I think at first I spent too much time trying to rush videos out as I was under the impression that the more videos I made the better the chance of people watching them.

The main plan for the future is getting a better camera and actually planning things out beforehand.

Tomorrow I'm off to Cardiff to drive 2 Abarths with my brother and I feel like I know so much about the cars and so on but I haven't a clue how I'm actually going to structure and film it.
You're obviously committed. One of the most difficult things is finding the time and having the dedication to continue making videos – despite any negative comments. Your Polo review was probably so popular because you were one of the first to review the new Mk6, which is great. You don’t want your videos to be too planned, because you’ll end up looking wooden and boring, but you need guidelines on what you’re going to say and how the video will be structured, which parts of the car you talk about and how that leads you in to the next section etc. If you’re just going to walk up to a car with the camera recording and try to wing it, you’re setting yourself up to fail. Flooding your channel with uploads is fine in the beginning, but once you start gaining subscribers you’ll soon lose them if you continuously upload drivel. 2 to 5 decent videos a week is plenty.
Old 22nd November 2016, 13:30   #30
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Practice will eventually make the videos better. I'm in the unfortunate position as well that this year has been truly dreadful on a bad things that happen in life front. It's been non stop! My mind just can't focus on one single thing because there's just too much going on.

Hopefully next year will mean a fresh start with fresh equipment and a more positive outlook.

I'm looking forward to going up to Cardiff in a bit but I just wish I didn't have a million and one problems to deal with at the same time so I can actually focus on doing a good job.

We'll get there. The aim has always been to provide a "every man" take on cars. No BS, no glamour, no snobbiness just a normal blokes opinions and hopefully I can get some sort of small following or recognition from it. If not it's a bit of a fun hobby on the side
Old 30th November 2016, 19:31   #31
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Here's the latest

https://youtu.be/sNNDdba9Jug
Old 30th November 2016, 20:56   #32
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

It seems a bit like you did no planning, like you just started recording and reeling off what the car has - which we can obviously see.

"It's got erm....an abarth badge....it's got a nice sticker down the side...err it has a vent on the back which is not fake.."

Also you could've taken it elsewhere other than the fiat dealership and a toys'r'us car park!!
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 20:57   #33
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

There wasn't time for planning unfortunately. My personal life saw to that!

It's a "free" film. I don't make people pay for them or even watch them. Heck Shmee150 has almost a million subscribers and his videos are garbage.

He's just rich and can afford decent filming gear and drive round in supercars.

Last edited by hard_corejoeboy; 30th November 2016 at 21:13.
Old 1st December 2016, 12:12   #34
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
There wasn't time for planning unfortunately. My personal life saw to that!

It's a "free" film. I don't make people pay for them or even watch them. Heck Shmee150 has almost a million subscribers and his videos are garbage.

He's just rich and can afford decent filming gear and drive round in supercars.
I said this about your last video and I’ll say it again, there are hundreds of YouTubers with big followings who record on low-spec cameras, so decent filming gear is not essential. Decent content is what you need. Walking up to a car with the camera recording and trying to wing is only going to fail.

Plan, know what you’re going to say, do it in a nice location, have a few interesting points ready to say, cut out the “erm”. Be informative and also entertaining (no Borat impressions). And if necessary, edit a little to make things look professional, just a quick 5s intro, nothing longer, with a logo or your channel name will make things look more serious.

And don’t use the word ’guys’ – like “welcome back guys” or “hey guys”, this isn’t America.
Old 1st December 2016, 12:24   #35
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Whey are you using a filter on the top? Makes it look like it was filmed through instagram, er.. erm...
Old 1st December 2016, 14:13   #36
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Personally I like the filter. It distracts a bit from the unprofessional style quality that camera has.

This was more of a test drive/review not a proper written/scripted one. I can do better, just lack of time to make it look professional etc hindered me.

I can't stress enough that I'm not a pro or even claiming to be.

It's an odd one really as my usual subscribers were happy with the film but you guys on here seem to be expecting some sort of Evo/autocar style review which lets face it they have a whole team and budget behind them.

I'm just a guy with a camera!
Old 2nd December 2016, 13:06   #37
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Personally I like the filter. It distracts a bit from the unprofessional style quality that camera has.

This was more of a test drive/review not a proper written/scripted one. I can do better, just lack of time to make it look professional etc hindered me.

I can't stress enough that I'm not a pro or even claiming to be.

It's an odd one really as my usual subscribers were happy with the film but you guys on here seem to be expecting some sort of Evo/autocar style review which lets face it they have a whole team and budget behind them.

I'm just a guy with a camera!
We’re just trying to help you develop.
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:44   #38
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

That's good I actually do appreciate the feedback.

It is hard to strike a balance between what I want to do and what other want me to do. Finding that balance is the hard bit while I'm starting this.
Old 4th December 2016, 20:55   #39
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

On the plus side the video has probably had the fastest amount of views. Currently on 1.1k after 3 days
Old 15th December 2016, 19:21   #40
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Latest video...

https://youtu.be/1jlEex68MvE

As always it's good to get your feedback.