Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd August 2015, 15:42   #201
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh11490 View Post
It is on a Tuesday though...
So what you're saying is, Two for Tuesday?
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:54   #202
griff_106
Established Member

Car(s): Daily: 2015 Juke 1.5dci Toy: 2002 106 Quiksilver
griff_106 is on a distinguished road

Liking this buddy! Seems to be alot cleaner from the first pics in the blog. Just need some morettes to finish it off now IMO

Just a quick question... how do you find the R888's compared to the T1R's? I've just done a few sessions at Lydden and put a fair amount of wear on my T1R's. Also found they took a fair old while to warm up and give some decent grip so just wondering if you'd recommend them at all?

106 GTi Raptors, 60mm Spax Springs, GTi/VTS 247mm front brake setup for sale and more HERE! PM me for info if required!
griff_106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:39   #203
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff_106 View Post
Liking this buddy! Seems to be alot cleaner from the first pics in the blog. Just need some morettes to finish it off now IMO

Just a quick question... how do you find the R888's compared to the T1R's? I've just done a few sessions at Lydden and put a fair amount of wear on my T1R's. Also found they took a fair old while to warm up and give some decent grip so just wondering if you'd recommend them at all?
I can personally vouch the difference in the two tyres. There is genuinely a fair bit of noticeable difference between the two, the R888's are just superior (have been a passenger with Josh on both sets of rubber).
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:44   #204
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJoee View Post
I can personally vouch the difference in the two tyres. There is genuinely a fair bit of noticeable difference between the two, the R888's are just superior (have been a passenger with Josh on both sets of rubber).
He can't drive for shit though.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:49   #205
josh11490
Established Member

Car(s): Clio 182 Daily, 106 GTi Track Project
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
josh11490 is on a distinguished road
Default 106 GTi - Satchshift/R888s/Trackday/MOT coming

Quote:

R888s are so much better than T1rs, can Corey more speed through the corners and feels much much better driving them.

T1Rs id personally not buy again, anything other than perfectly dry conditions they are scary.

Morettes are on the list as well!
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:50   #206
josh11490
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post
He can't drive for shit though.

I can confirm I can't.

RIP Icelandic.

Don't think I've got a picture of the end result in this thread.
Old 3rd August 2015, 22:09   #207
griff_106
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJoee View Post
Quote:
R888s are so much better than T1rs, can Corey more speed through the corners and feels much much better driving them.

T1Rs id personally not buy again, anything other than perfectly dry conditions they are scary.

Morettes are on the list as well!
Ahh right great cheers matey! I may as well finish off the T1R's and a spare set of tyres I've got before the end of the year and go out with some R888's for next years play time Have you driven the R888's in the wet at all? Take it they're not fun either? Kind of glad I'm not the only one to find the T1R's terrifying when pushing on in the wet!

And good lad about the morettes - I've put yellow bulbs in mine with crystal lamps and the old girl looks EVILLLLL People honestly get out my way when they see it in their rear view mirror on the backroads haha

106 GTi Raptors, 60mm Spax Springs, GTi/VTS 247mm front brake setup for sale and more HERE! PM me for info if required!
Old 3rd August 2015, 22:14   #208
josh11490
Established Member

Quote:
Ahh right great cheers matey! I may as well finish off the T1R's and a spare set of tyres I've got before the end of the year and go out with some R888's for next years play time Have you driven the R888's in the wet at all? Take it they're not fun either? Kind of glad I'm not the only one to find the T1R's terrifying when pushing on in the wet!

And good lad about the morettes - I've put yellow bulbs in mine with crystal lamps and the old girl looks EVILLLLL People honestly get out my way when they see it in their rear view mirror on the backroads haha

I've not used them in the wet, I don't use the car on the road very often at all, and only done the 1 track day on them.

Yeah T1Rs are nothing short of terrifying lol.

Do you have a link to the crystal lenses? Might see if I can pick up a cheap set of motettes to fix up... I use yellow bulbs now, once insurance drops I'll insure it as a second car properly and it would get used more then.
Old 5th August 2015, 22:29   #209
griff_106
Established Member

Quote:
I've not used them in the wet, I don't use the car on the road very often at all, and only done the 1 track day on them.

Yeah T1Rs are nothing short of terrifying lol.

Do you have a link to the crystal lenses? Might see if I can pick up a cheap set of motettes to fix up... I use yellow bulbs now, once insurance drops I'll insure it as a second car properly and it would get used more then.
Ahh right fair play matey no worries!

I do buddy I bought them from eBay... only thing is I couldn't get the sidelight bulbs to fit properly when the crystals were sitting in the mask so now only have headlights now haha.

I've just starting following you on IG because I think you were following me and I didn't realise lol so have a butchers on there with what mine looks like with standard units and morettes if you like

Old 5th August 2015, 22:35   #210
josh11490
Established Member

Quote:
Ahh right fair play matey no worries!

I do buddy I bought them from eBay... only thing is I couldn't get the sidelight bulbs to fit properly when the crystals were sitting in the mask so now only have headlights now haha.

I've just starting following you on IG because I think you were following me and I didn't realise lol so have a butchers on there with what mine looks like with standard units and morettes if you like

I think I need motrettes, are those lenses you got just clearer than normal? Sidelights aren't needed! Yellow lights look awesome, ready have yellow bulbs so now I'm thinking a blacked out GTi with black morettes and yellow bulbs 😁

Seen on your IG your looking for a 16v lump, I'd go for cams as well, gives it that little extra again!
Old 5th August 2015, 22:43   #211
griff_106
Established Member

Quote:
I think I need motrettes, are those lenses you got just clearer than normal? Sidelights aren't needed! Yellow lights look awesome, ready have yellow bulbs so now I'm thinking a blacked out GTi with black morettes and yellow bulbs 😁

Seen on your IG your looking for a 16v lump, I'd go for cams as well, gives it that little extra again!
You do indeed matey! I've got the exact crystals that's in that link so they're clearer but I've just put a bit of a filter on there so it's easier to see in real life. I love them cheers - both on the standards and morettes lol. I need to put the carbon rallye vents in as well - it looks a bit odd with the spot lights untaped and the lenses taped... I just haven't had the time to get the bumper off and allow the sealant time to set/bond

Yeah she does need more power tbf... would do cams and bodies and just keep it for play time... I'm on the lookout for an Impreza as well so the neighbours will love 3 cars outside!

Old 5th August 2015, 22:46   #212
josh11490
Established Member

Quote:
You do indeed matey! I've got the exact crystals that's in that link so they're clearer but I've just put a bit of a filter on there so it's easier to see in real life. I love them cheers - both on the standards and morettes lol. I need to put the carbon rallye vents in as well - it looks a bit odd with the spot lights untaped and the lenses taped... I just haven't had the time to get the bumper off and allow the sealant time to set/bond

Yeah she does need more power tbf... would do cams and bodies and just keep it for play time... I'm on the lookout for an Impreza as well so the neighbours will love 3 cars outside!

Yeah I'm gonna get some carbon vents I think, but my plan is a cage over winter then start saving for itbs and ecu.

Impreza could be fun! Doubt you'll use the 106 lol!
Old 6th August 2015, 18:42   #213
griff_106
Established Member

Quote:
Yeah I'm gonna get some carbon vents I think, but my plan is a cage over winter then start saving for itbs and ecu.

Impreza could be fun! Doubt you'll use the 106 lol!
They do finish the car off nicely IMO mate... my only worry is that it won't quite work with the satin black 205 GTi Speedlines and satin black morettes as they've been clear lacquered direct from Streamline so we shall see lol.

Yeah man I've always wanted one and since I've got a few quid in the bank it's a case of 'now or never' so even if I lose a few quid on the car, I'll keep it a few years an then sell it when I'm ready to move out and get my own place.

106 will come out to track and will be kept road legal so I can play with it but that's about it tbh. Impreza is going to be the pampered queen (not that the 106 won't be looked after!)

Old 6th August 2015, 18:44   #214
josh11490
Established Member

Quote:
They do finish the car off nicely IMO mate... my only worry is that it won't quite work with the satin black 205 GTi Speedlines and satin black morettes as they've been clear lacquered direct from Streamline so we shall see lol.

Yeah man I've always wanted one and since I've got a few quid in the bank it's a case of 'now or never' so even if I lose a few quid on the car, I'll keep it a few years an then sell it when I'm ready to move out and get my own place.

106 will come out to track and will be kept road legal so I can play with it but that's about it tbh. Impreza is going to be the pampered queen (not that the 106 won't be looked after!)

Well if you dislike them send me a PM and I'll possibly take them off your hands!

I know what you mean, my daily is a Clio 182, it's only a Clio but I feel bad driving it hard, it's. I've having the 106 just to abuse, annoying I can't insure both at same time for a reasonable price!
Old 6th August 2015, 19:52   #215
griff_106
Established Member

Quote:
Well if you dislike them send me a PM and I'll possibly take them off your hands!

I know what you mean, my daily is a Clio 182, it's only a Clio but I feel bad driving it hard, it's. I've having the 106 just to abuse, annoying I can't insure both at same time for a reasonable price!
Haha I'll bear it mind matey!

Ahh yeah I've seen it on here - looks good! My current daily is a Juke derv with a red interior at the moment... living the dream! haha. It's alright tbf, comfy and economical as anything compared to the 106. The Impreza will be ~£700 to insure and the 106 is ~£300 all mods declared so not too shabby.

The Juke is a company car so I'm lucky as all I need to do is fuel it and then we change them every 6 months or so, so I'm fortunate in that respect on the daily economics front!

Old 6th August 2015, 20:12   #216
josh11490
Established Member

Quote:
Haha I'll bear it mind matey!

Ahh yeah I've seen it on here - looks good! My current daily is a Juke derv with a red interior at the moment... living the dream! haha. It's alright tbf, comfy and economical as anything compared to the 106. The Impreza will be ~£700 to insure and the 106 is ~£300 all mods declared so not too shabby.

The Juke is a company car so I'm lucky as all I need to do is fuel it and then we change them every 6 months or so, so I'm fortunate in that respect on the daily economics front!

Ah fair enough! Can't wait for my insurance to drop down to that much! Haha

Yeah the Clio isn't too bad in fuel 28-32mpg mostly, but still fun when I want it to be and have t got the GTi out lol!
Old 9th August 2015, 17:57   #217
griff_106
Established Member

Quote:
Ah fair enough! Can't wait for my insurance to drop down to that much! Haha

Yeah the Clio isn't too bad in fuel 28-32mpg mostly, but still fun when I want it to be and have t got the GTi out lol!
We've all been there matey I wouldn't worry... my first year was £1,500 and it pretty much bankrupt me - don't regret it though!

To be fair I only do a maximum of 3k in the 106 per year as it's away for ~6 months ago and last year I did ~700 miles down to Le Mans and back in a week so that brings the insurance down a bit. I do 300 miles a week in the daily though so again I'm lucky I don't have to pay for insurance on that... I do pay company car tax though tbf!

Old 12th September 2015, 20:29   #218
josh11490
Established Member

Cars still not home, But I've got the battery off it and on charge so over the coming weeks I will have it back on the drive.

I did have Castle Combe booked for this tuesday coming but decided against it but instead I will be buying a safety devices roll cage and possibly booking another track day at llandow to see the year out.

Once the GTi has finished for the year I will fit the roll cage, And then start looking into standalone management, Not sure yet wether to go for Omex 600 or DTA D40, Swinging towards the Omex at the moment.

Then in the new year I will also be looking into throttle bodies, I have been told that Satchell engineering are working on a new set, So fingers crossed they will be around when I want to purchase some.

I was starting to lose interest in this car, And was thinking of getting rid and going back to one car, Which would've also meant selling the clio and buying something along the lines of a Megane 225.

But driving the 106 is so much fun, Parts are cheap and I think if I dont own a decent spec GTi on itbs I would sort of regret it... And I still live at home, So fuck it. Its only money.

Hopefully next year it will see a lot more track action, Be on itbs and generally awesome.

Possibly will also insure it for the year and have it along side my clio so i can take it on more blasts around the Brecon Beacons.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:19   #219
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Collin satchel was 5 minutes from my house last week, you jelly?
Old 17th October 2015, 17:07   #220
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Pics of Josh's GTi today at Llandow.

Mid session.

End of the day.

The Following User Says Thank You to SimpleJoee For This Useful Post: