Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 21st July 2017, 20:24   #241
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Well today I have finally had the mapping finished once again Wayne was a diamond car feels so much more smoother and responsive can actually put the power down on the road now I said from the very beginning that I wasn't chasing numbers but I am v happy with the power it made feels awesome on the road for those who wanna know it made 172bhp 189 ft lb of torque I highly reccomend chipwizards to anyone regardless of what car you have

Last edited by gti180craig; 21st July 2017 at 20:27.
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 21:05   #242
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti180craig View Post
Well today I have finally had the mapping finished once again Wayne was a diamond car feels so much more smoother and responsive can actually put the power down on the road now I said from the very beginning that I wasn't chasing numbers but I am v happy with the power it made feels awesome on the road for those who wanna know it made 172bhp 189 ft lb of torque I highly reccomend chipwizards to anyone regardless of what car you have
Just a question, how much ball park has it cost for the 172bhp? Just curious because I'm going to be doing a build Christmas time and I'm just weighing up my options. Mines going to be a track car so going to be light weight but looking for as much fun as possible
Old 21st July 2017, 21:26   #243
gti180craig
Regular Poster

gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford126 View Post
Just a question, how much ball park has it cost for the 172bhp? Just curious because I'm going to be doing a build Christmas time and I'm just weighing up my options. Mines going to be a track car so going to be light weight but looking for as much fun as possible
Around 3 grand mate that or there abouts had a few issues along the way could of possibly saved a grand had I done things differently so should be doable for 2k
Old 21st July 2017, 22:11   #244
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore

Sound I'm looking about 3k but so far only come to a eg civic with a k swap but deffo thinking about another saxo.
Old 21st July 2017, 22:13   #245
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford126 View Post
Sound I'm looking about 3k but so far only come to a eg civic with a k swap but deffo thinking about another saxo.
K swap a saxo haha there is a lad that has a k20 turbo 106 thing is a absolute animal but dread to think of what it cost lol
Old 21st July 2017, 22:24   #246
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore

Lol can k swap a e.g. With just mounts and a hand full of other things, I would dread to think of the work needed for a saxo or 106, dan Clayton is the lad who k swapped the 106 and that's epic, he must have a small house worth of money in that car by now, I'm looking at a eg civic at 900kg ish with 240-260 bhp running semi slicks, hopefully make some good times and then back to the ring to try for the mythical 8min lap.
Old 21st July 2017, 22:26   #247
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Nice mate always liked eg civics simple to turbo aswell
Old 7th August 2017, 15:21   #248
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Small update received a parcel from kam racing today

Can't believe how light it is it's mad I can't wait to get it fitted just waiting on a clamp to connect the centre pipe to the back box as the saxsport is sleeved then I will have to take it somewhere to be fitted as my downpipe is a slip joint and not the standard bracket if that makes sense

All in all the car is doing alright apart from the idle issue that I still haven't got to the bottom of blooming thing lol I've done 3500 miles since the conversion and it's still pulling strong

Thanks for looking
Old 7th August 2017, 17:46   #249
adam_baker
Established Member

Car(s): 2000 'X' Reg Citroen Saxo VTR, 2 Tone
adam_baker is on a distinguished road

Looks good mate. Need to see it now it's turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adam_baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 18:17   #250
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_baker View Post
Looks good mate. Need to see it now it's turbo

Hah cheers mate yea will take u for a spin soon how's yours ??
Old 7th August 2017, 18:41   #251
adam_baker
Established Member

Quote:
Hah cheers mate yea will take u for a spin soon how's yours ??

Yeah it's good mate, still needs a beam
Fitting an omex to it tomorrow as it's full decat on the super sprint so should be interesting

Old 7th August 2017, 18:46   #252
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
Yeah it's good mate, still needs a beam
Fitting an omex to it tomorrow as it's full decat on the super sprint so should be interesting

Oohhh nice you getting mapped ??
Old 7th August 2017, 19:20   #253
adam_baker
Established Member

Quote:
Oohhh nice you getting mapped ??

It's just the rev limiter with launch control mate. Would look at getting it mapped when I decide to either turbo or throttle body it. But might choose to do it on another shell. Not sure yet

Old 8th August 2017, 13:04   #254
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

Craig put the pressure on for another turbo saxo
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 14:14   #255
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
It's just the rev limiter with launch control mate. Would look at getting it mapped when I decide to either turbo or throttle body it. But might choose to do it on another shell. Not sure yet

Do it mate turbo conversions aren't hard I will gladly help you along the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
Craig put the pressure on for another turbo saxo
Haha see above
Old 8th August 2017, 14:18   #256
adam_baker
Established Member

Quote:
Do it mate turbo conversions aren't hard I will gladly help you along the way

Haha see above

Don't worry guys it will Happen, will start accumulating parts soon

Old 9th August 2017, 11:37   #257
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

any questions feel free to fire over my way also... Craig purchased a lot of the bits new so the £3,000 is a lot more in comparison to buying the manifold / downpipe / turbo 2nd hand etc...

my Rebuild from GT1752 to GT2871 so far has cost £519.16 which includes a new manifold / turbo / downpipe / new oil lines / new water lines / screamer pipe / external wastegate and a fair bit more... luckily I was able to get a bargain of a deal with 2 turbo and the manifold etc...

The biggest question is £500 for Wayne to remap your ECU or to go standalone which is the biggest outset for more (DTA S40 + loom + Mapping is around £1000 or you can go for a Predator ECU but be warned they are poor quality and have crap soldering, the guy who made them doesn't even reply and has messed a lot of people about) The other option is a piggy back to control the fueling etc such as a ECU Master DET3 which henry on here uses with fantastic results.
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 12:56   #258
adam_baker
Established Member

Quote:
any questions feel free to fire over my way also... Craig purchased a lot of the bits new so the £3,000 is a lot more in comparison to buying the manifold / downpipe / turbo 2nd hand etc...

my Rebuild from GT1752 to GT2871 so far has cost £519.16 which includes a new manifold / turbo / downpipe / new oil lines / new water lines / screamer pipe / external wastegate and a fair bit more... luckily I was able to get a bargain of a deal with 2 turbo and the manifold etc...

The biggest question is £500 for Wayne to remap your ECU or to go standalone which is the biggest outset for more (DTA S40 + loom + Mapping is around £1000 or you can go for a Predator ECU but be warned they are poor quality and have crap soldering, the guy who made them doesn't even reply and has messed a lot of people about) The other option is a piggy back to control the fueling etc such as a ECU Master DET3 which henry on here uses with fantastic results.

Thanks Adam

Old 9th August 2017, 15:51   #259
elliotthorwood
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 (mk2 in disguise) vtr turbo.. sort of. (N3 EBH
elliotthorwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:

This! Unfortunately i have recently sold up on my turbo kit. I bought all of my parts new and took a big hit when i sold them a couple weeks back, still have a new turbo on order i took £800 for a nearly full turbo kit minus injectors down pipe and management. the DP engineering manifold cost me more than that new haha!
elliotthorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 18:42   #260
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Yea I have deffo spent a small fortune but never mind it's only money speaking of money remember those bargain rear gaz struts car started knocking loudly from the rear so pulled over and had a look and was greeted by this

I have no idea how that's happened or when cuz I didn't hear any loud bang but as u can see both the bolt and bearing have gone so luckily I kept my standard shocks so threw them on lesson learnt

Last edited by gti180craig; 9th August 2017 at 18:46.
The Following User Says Thank You to gti180craig For This Useful Post: