Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 12th July 2011, 16:28   #1
workid1
Regular Poster

Car(s): BMW e35 328i Fiesta zetec s BMW e46 320
workid1 is on a distinguished road
Default just got a macbook pro!

its pretty awesome, can view the site properly instead of farting on with my ipad!

and need to start my own project thread, sweet!

anyone else got one?
workid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 16:32   #2
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

No but i wont to get one as im bored of browsing on my iphone

Theirs so many different mac lap top thigns available though i wouldnt know where to start looking

Browsing and photoshop is lal id want, what would you recomend?
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 16:32   #3
vtr02
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 04 mini cooper s
vtr02 is on a distinguished road

yea had one for 2 months now, shoulda waited for lion os to come out though.

which one you got?
Old 12th July 2011, 16:40   #4
workid1
Regular Poster

Car(s): BMW e35 328i Fiesta zetec s BMW e46 320
workid1 is on a distinguished road

i only went with the entry 13" model, its plenty for what i need! awesome video editing, small and fast! love it, still best part of a grand for the entry model! but i love it, if your a total geek and need the best then go for the 15" i5 one!
workid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 16:58   #5
vtr02
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 04 mini cooper s
vtr02 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankay View Post
Ive had mine for a year. upgraded to 8GB ram as i make use it for music productions recording etc. Its a powerhouse such good machines for the sort of thing i do. Would never go back to a PC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workid1 View Post
i only went with the entry 13" model, its plenty for what i need! awesome video editing, small and fast! love it, still best part of a grand for the entry model! but i love it, if your a total geek and need the best then go for the 15" i5 one!
I got the same one too, but it cost you a grand? Did you go to apple shop or currys?

Paid 840 + 50 apple care they knocked 160 quid off
Old 12th July 2011, 17:15   #6
Frankay
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts x2 Audi TDI a fair few others.
Frankay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr02 View Post
I got the same one too, but it cost you a grand? Did you go to apple shop or currys?

Paid 840 + 50 apple care they knocked 160 quid off
I got mine for a little over a grand. i bought the laptop on student discount microsoft word 3 year warenty and logic pro. so i had a bargin
Frankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 16:43   #7
Rogue_Shadow
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): ZS
Rogue_Shadow is on a distinguished road

Its really stupid ... but alot of my mates are getting free Mac books through colleges / Uni's because they fail a dyslexia test.
They are f*cking morons but not dyslexia
Old 12th July 2011, 16:47   #8
Jordysport
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Clio RS200 Cup, Twingo RS133, Triumph Street Tripl
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Jordysport has a spectacular aura aboutJordysport has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Shadow View Post
Its really stupid ... but alot of my mates are getting free Mac books through colleges / Uni's because they fail a dyslexia test.
They are f*cking morons but not dyslexia
haha yea i know its not fair, i faked dyslexia once and managed to fail the test (ie meaning i was apparantly a spaz) and was offered all of that shizz but felt a bit guilty lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
you're a cunt. welcome to saxp, no fucker likes you.
Jordysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 16:48   #9
Frankay
Established Member

Ive had mine for a year. upgraded to 8GB ram as i make use it for music productions recording etc. Its a powerhouse such good machines for the sort of thing i do. Would never go back to a PC.
Old 12th July 2011, 18:24   #10
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Would never go back to a PC.
If only I was given a quid everytime I heard that. Completely agree.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 18:35   #11
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
If only I was given a quid everytime I heard that. Completely agree.
Old 12th July 2011, 16:57   #12
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Got one that was used for a bit of music prod. Apart from that though, I cant see many unique benefits that justify the price tag; a lot of it is a bit gimmicky and just a "oh thats nice to have" feature.

Cant justify keeping it, so Im selling it on.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 17:17   #13
W103_A5H
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Mk6 Fiesta ST & Mk1 Fiesta Project
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
W103_A5H is on a distinguished road

I think its stupid paying that amount for a laptop/computer. Are the really any better than say a HP laptop that will cost you half the price for the same sometimes higher spec.
Old 12th July 2011, 19:50   #14
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W103_A5H View Post
I think its stupid paying that amount for a laptop/computer. Are the really any better than say a HP laptop that will cost you half the price for the same sometimes higher spec.
Yep, customer service with apple is leaps ahead of most pc companies (due to how they're sold in retailers)

+ macs hold their value alot better, you pay more initially but if you were to sell on and upgrade every few years you loose out less than buying a pc.

Plus having been pc my whole life, and getting an iMac this year the system is much more stable for my needs and handles the data of photos I throw at it very very well.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:26   #15
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mint 106 rallye, Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
joe333 is on a distinguished road

what are people view on these?

My new 106 rallye fast road/track Progress Thread!!

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=409293
joe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 17:36   #16
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W103_A5H View Post
Yes imo way better. no matter how many programmes are running on my mac videos music software aka logic pro bfd, both which take huge processing power, my computer never slows its amazing, if you can afford it theyre amazing definatley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe333 View Post
what are people view on these?
Awesome, depends what youd use it for though if its just an everyday laptop i wouldnt suggest them but if you can afford it then yes all day everyday id buy one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankay For This Useful Post:
Old 12th July 2011, 19:47   #17
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yes imo way better. no matter how many programmes are running on my mac videos music software aka logic pro bfd, both which take huge processing power, my computer never slows its amazing, if you can afford it theyre amazing definatley.

Awesome, depends what youd use it for though if its just an everyday laptop i wouldnt suggest them but if you can afford it then yes all day everyday id buy one.
Just Lol at the fact you need alot of processing power so a mac is the way to go.

You could build an equivalent of a mac that cost £1000 for £400 on a pc, if you wanted their 'amazing' software which does feck all imo you could build a hackintosh, after owning one well a hackintosh there good, probably made for the simple minded as everything is too simple. PC is more hardcore can do many more things. A mac is just too gimmicky everything has to go a certain way Apple like, with a pc everythings abit more personal to your own taste.

There purchased for their design more than anything there software is good and its does go wrong like a pc but not as often, if you wanted reliability then a pc is just as good imo. They are overpriced at the end of the day and thats what it comes down to, i hear good things from design studios that need photoshop and in that department there very good, if your not going into this area or only dabble on adobe then a mac is not really needed.

If you need to run alot of different programs like to have a wider range of different software, then get a pc, not everything is available to run on a mac, not only that but alot of programs that do work like word and excel tend to crash alot more than if they were on a windows machine as they cannot handle the vast data.

If you want a mac and have the money, go get one, you can still stick a windows disc in at the end of the day
Old 12th July 2011, 18:49   #18
lemon191
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta zetec mk7.5
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
lemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of light

always hear about how good they are for media applications but dont hear much about gaming capabilities anyone use them for it?
Old 12th July 2011, 19:49   #19
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Picked up a second hand iMac a few weeks ago. So far I have found that Windows 7 actually runs smoother on it haha.

Technically Macs are no better than a PC of the same spec but the OS is a lot different which can give the impression of better performance. If people bothered to protect a Windows PC properly it would perform just as well as a Mac running OSX.

I have tried gaming on mine and wasn't impressed tbh, games run smoother on Windows and the amount of games is very limited and games that are released are not cheap. Steam were doing CoD 4 for PC for £10, in the Mac App Store its £30. Im not going to waste £20 when I can run Windows on a Mac.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 20:16   #20
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
Picked up a second hand iMac a few weeks ago. So far I have found that Windows 7 actually runs smoother on it haha.

Technically Macs are no better than a PC of the same spec but the OS is a lot different which can give the impression of better performance. If people bothered to protect a Windows PC properly it would perform just as well as a Mac running OSX.

I have tried gaming on mine and wasn't impressed tbh, games run smoother on Windows and the amount of games is very limited and games that are released are not cheap. Steam were doing CoD 4 for PC for £10, in the Mac App Store its £30. Im not going to waste £20 when I can run Windows on a Mac.

What do you mean by 'if people bothered to protect a PC properly'?

Not being a nob just genuinely wondering what you mean.
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote