Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 21st November 2005, 19:41   #21
Frevo
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo,C4
Frevo will become famous soon enoughFrevo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSaxo
2 is great.. i love black and white shots....

4 is the best out of the rest...

one question.. why were u standing facing the sun (taking shots of the dark side) in most shots?? surely back to the sun would of made the shots a bit more "lighter" ??
My main target was the sunset sky... I was trying to learn how to light the foreground as well as capture the sky.

I concluded that without a strong flash, or additional lighting, it wasn't going to happen!

So... if anyne knows a trick so I can light the foreground and get the cool sky, please let me know
Normally you would use a fill in flash, but that's kinda hard with cars (reflection). The easiest solution is... shadow/highlights in Photoshop
Frevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 19:45   #22
Frevo
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo,C4
Frevo will become famous soon enoughFrevo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Jim
simo for future reference to get a light foreground and the sunset at the right levels there are two ways of doing it. on automatic mode with flash off point you camera at the sky and remeber the light reading (both the apperture and the exposure time), now switch it to manual mode and imput the same readings but this time turn your flash on, this way it will still be metered for the sky but give you light in the foreground. if the flash is too bright adjust the power of it with the flash compensation dial, you will probably want it one or two stops down. and by using fill in flash you should get some good results, a flashgun would be better than the pop up flash.

the second way is to take to pics in exactly the same place one metered for the car, the other for the sky and then chop the two together.

hope that helps
Ever tried a flash when taking a pic of a car? Gets you a nice reflection, even with my external flash + omnibounce.

I did a car shoot yesterday. Will post some examples when I've finished the pics (which will probably be next week )
Frevo is offline   Reply With Quote