Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 24th April 2017, 14:20   #1
smokeandpoke
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): '57 Vauxhall Vectra CDTI - Daily '02 Saxo VTS - Tu
smokeandpoke is on a distinguished road
Default C2 Head on VTS

Firstly i'll apologise for a new thread, I will state I've looked through various 'how to's' etc and have not arrived at the answers I'm looking for.

Basically my head has been helicoiled and had a shit load of liquid metal put down it before (before I owned it), as such when it came to changing the plugs, as you can imagine the liquid metal has broken, I've ripped half the helicoil out etc etc ITS FUCKED

For the price of having someone helicoil it again or the time and effort of taking apart and rebuilding the head, I propose to buy a c2 head/engine whatever is cheapest, strip the cams, springs and followers from the J4 and build up the C2 head.
I know about the lower compression with the jp4 head, will use standard headgasket to try and keep compression up.

I want to have a definitive action plan in place before I begin.

Can I just redrill the inlet manifold and fit it, change cams & internals and use the same cam cover, tensioner etc?

If anyone can point me in the direction of a definitive guide that someone has done before with regards to putting a JP4 head on a J4 bottom end I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance guys
smokeandpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 14:28   #2
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

helicoil was your first mistake
no good for spark plug threads
"timesert" spark plug repair is what you want
http://www.timesert.com/

can be done without removing head no problem
some ferrari,s have then as std in alloy head--imagine the problem with a v12 +2 plugs per cylinder,on the older ones

Last edited by axsaxoman; 24th April 2017 at 14:31.
axsaxoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 22:18   #3
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

It came already helicoiled axsaxoman.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote