Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 21st July 2019, 15:25   #1
SaxoSpuds99

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 2002
SaxoSpuds99 is on a distinguished road
Default How long will my dying battery last?

Hi everyone,

Yesterday my power steering stopped working and became intermittent. Today battery warning light has come on, every other warning light has been flashing on and off, demister has stopped working plus the heater.

im guessing I’m looking at a possible battery or alternator problem?

Battery died when I tried to start the car again today, warning light still on after jump start.

Gonna take it the garage tomorrow but not sure how far the battery will go because obviously the engine isn’t charging it. Don’t want it to die on me on the way.

Anyone know how far I can get on the battery after it’s been jumped?
SaxoSpuds99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 17:25   #2
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Jonathancilia is on a distinguished road

I think it wont go far maybe 15 mins or so if alternator not charging it<br><br>Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 19:08   #3
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo desire 2001 Volvo V40 1.9D
aldred309uk is on a distinguished road

Battery light illuminated means the car is running off the battery, not the alternator. If you jump start it with a dead battery and an alternator issue the car would cut out not long after jump starting. If you're having starting issues and the battery light is on it's because the battery isn't getting charged properly by the alternator. If the battery goes too low too often then you may need to replace the battery too if the alternator is found to be the fault.

Have you checked the alternator belt and the wires attached to it?
aldred309uk is offline   Reply With Quote