Mobile Devices: Lite Theme CitroŽn: CitroŽn Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience


Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep' > Track Chat

Track Chat This forum is for general chat related to track / motorsport, including photos of builds, etc. Please keep the main forum section based upon technical discussion.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2012, 09:32   #1
stokesy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region Member
 
stokesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: peterborough
Posts: 4,296
Car(s): dead vtr :( now 16v vtr ;)
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Default RAF Wittering trackday 2nd June £119 full day

Just booked onto this, along with andysaxo in his throttlebodied vts,
Plenty of time to get the car ready, give the car a run in before fcs for those who are booked in..
Any1 else fancy it?
Track layout looks alright, wide track and nearly all Tarmac
Link - http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/tr...chk=1&Itemid=1

Last edited by stokesy; 8th April 2012 at 10:18.
stokesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 01:24   #2
gazza808
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep
 
gazza808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 591
Default

I may be there in the 106, it's a good day over there, me and a mate were on the first one they did as I live in peterborough/ketton it's ideal,
Had abit of hassle though as part of the track goes from the main air field to a side area, there's a massive bump, was ok in the wet (abiet having to slow down for it in the fear of breaking our backs lol) , but when it became dry, my mate shattered a cv and a kit car took his diff out on it lol.
gazza808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 23:19   #3
stokesy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region Member
 
stokesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: peterborough
Posts: 4,296
Car(s): dead vtr :( now 16v vtr ;)
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza808 View Post
I may be there in the 106, it's a good day over there, me and a mate were on the first one they did as I live in peterborough/ketton it's ideal,
Had abit of hassle though as part of the track goes from the main air field to a side area, there's a massive bump, was ok in the wet (abiet having to slow down for it in the fear of breaking our backs lol) , but when it became dry, my mate shattered a cv and a kit car took his diff out on it lol.
Sounds like could be a great day if all goes well, is that bump really that bad? Should pop down! Where abouts in Pboro are you?
stokesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 23:45   #4
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member
 
jpsaxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8,523
Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Default

I'm tempted but I find flat ex-airfields pretty boring tbh
__________________
PFC Featured Mango 16v 220+bhp Sandy Brown engine'd Westcoast

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 01:06   #5
gazza808
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep
 
gazza808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokesy View Post
Sounds like could be a great day if all goes well, is that bump really that bad? Should pop down! Where abouts in Pboro are you?
it's pretty bad, just depends on your angle of attack, ride height and suspension set up, though I have heard they change the course from day to day on feed back and we let em know lol, so you could be completely fine,
They are a good bunch of people running the days if they are the same ones they trailed our car back for us at the end of the day so I didn't have to try towing it lol,

I'm in paston in peterborough (not the nicest place lol) car lives else wherre though.
gazza808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 14:05   #6
stokesy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region Member
 
stokesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: peterborough
Posts: 4,296
Car(s): dead vtr :( now 16v vtr ;)
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
I'm tempted but I find flat ex-airfields pretty boring tbh
Go on mate! You can never be on a 'boring' track in your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza808 View Post
it's pretty bad, just depends on your angle of attack, ride height and suspension set up, though I have heard they change the course from day to day on feed back and we let em know lol, so you could be completely fine,
They are a good bunch of people running the days if they are the same ones they trailed our car back for us at the end of the day so I didn't have to try towing it lol,

I'm in paston in peterborough (not the nicest place lol) car lives else wherre though.
sounds like they were pretty good tbf, suspension isn't too bad, not low and isn't too hard so hopfully won't be too bad for me, get booked on
Some parts of Paston arnt too bad, but yea think I'd be keeping the car elsewhere too lol
stokesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 16:01   #7
stokesy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region Member
 
stokesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: peterborough
Posts: 4,296
Car(s): dead vtr :( now 16v vtr ;)
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Default

Andys just rang javelin about the bump and they've said the track can/has been altered to stop this having as much of an effect on everyone
stokesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:54.