Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 4th September 2016, 17:25   #41
UKtom
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): Scirocco
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
UKtom is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your comments guys, glad you all like it!

Not much has changed over the past couple of weeks, I've really been enjoying the car as it stands. I've got a silencer on order which should be here this week to reduce the noise the system makes when I air out.
In other news, I'm not sure where it happened, but the car was keyed some time last week. The damage covers the bonnet, drivers window and above the drivers window/near the roof - I was gutted. It's too deep to polish out, so will need to be resprayed. After speaking with my local bodyshop today I've been toying with the idea of a full respray over winter, but choosing a colour is so difficult as I know it'll make or break the car!

Meanwhile, here are some pics I've been tagged in from a recent meet up in Southsea, Portsmouth at a Auto Grüppe event:

Tom
UKtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 18:21   #42
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road

Such a shame there's people that feel the need to damage other people's things! Great photos anyways.
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 14:19   #43
UKtom
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_SaxoForte View Post
Such a shame there's people that feel the need to damage other people's things! Great photos anyways.
Thanks man!

It's a shame but ties in well with my winter plans... I've just bought a full facelift 2016 scirocco R front end which will be fitted and have a full front end respray March 2017 (once the worst of winter is over!)

I recently fitted a new exhaust:

Now looking at doing some interior mods - black headlining and some new seats too.

Hope you guys like it!
Tom
Old 28th October 2016, 18:42   #44
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Why not get it done through the winter so the paint is fully dry and cured for when you will be doing most the driving?
Old 28th October 2016, 22:24   #45
UKtom
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford126 View Post
Why not get it done through the winter so the paint is fully dry and cured for when you will be doing most the driving?
It's still my daily, I don't want to get it done half way through winter and ruin it with stone chips that's the problem
Old 29th October 2016, 09:36   #46
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKtom View Post
It's still my daily, I don't want to get it done half way through winter and ruin it with stone chips that's the problem
More likely to get stone chips in the summer than the winter. You drive faster and there is more dry debris in the summer. I had mine painted last Christmas and only have a single stone chip just above the reg plate.
Old 4th November 2016, 13:27   #47
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_SaxoForte View Post
I don't understand why so many cunts in the UK feel the need to do that, and also jump on side mirrors; you really can't have nice things over here. I had one of my cars resprayed during the summer because of one side being scratched to fuck but also 4 separate cunts driving on the side of it. Though I'm glad the last one has been caught, and due to appear in court.

About stone chips, just put more distance fromm the car in front of you...
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 21:29   #48
UKtom
Established Member

Just a couple of small updates! I've made the interior my main focus recently, a few things have changed. First is a custom fabricrated airlift 3p controller mount for the centre console. I am so happy with the build quality and finish, it looks unreal. I also added in a USB button...

Secondly was a new centre console and sliding cup holder. What a ballache to fit; took me 2.5 hours, many swear words and a phone call to Phil but I got there eventually! Here it is fitted:

I've also just bought a 2016 facelift scirocco steering wheel which should be here early January. Can't wait to get it on! These are also sat waiting to be fitted/vagcommed in - maybe I'll do them this weekend (doorcard puddle lights)...

More interior bits coming soon...

Tom
Old 1st March 2017, 12:09   #49
UKtom
Established Member

Been busy getting the car ready for show season. Loads of new carbon interior bits, facelift front end is booked in for 27th March and I just fitted a 2016 R Facelift rear end. I also bought some custom finished Rotiform wheels for extra scene points. Here is how the car currently looks:

Tom
Old 31st March 2017, 12:55   #50
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road

This is an impressive build. Massively scene obviously. But I admire the work.
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stissy For This Useful Post:
Old 12th April 2017, 16:39   #51
UKtom
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
This is an impressive build. Massively scene obviously. But I admire the work.

Thank you!

Been spending more money... just had a full front end facelift fitted and resprayed. Here it is:

I also managed to bag a sponsorship deal with Autofinesse - I'll be able to get exclusive discounts/freebies for people so keep an eye out on here! I'm also being sent £600 of free autofinesse stuff too

Tom
Old 12th April 2017, 17:37   #52
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKtom View Post
Thank you!

Been spending more money... just had a full front end facelift fitted and resprayed. Here it is:

I also managed to bag a sponsorship deal with Autofinesse - I'll be able to get exclusive discounts/freebies for people so keep an eye out on here! I'm also being sent £600 of free autofinesse stuff too

Tom
See your posts on instagram, autofinesse is alright if you want it to look good now just doesn't last long enough. The work Wassy has done on the carbon is fantastic.
Old 8th May 2017, 16:39   #53
UKtom
Established Member

Thanks Bedford - I was really impressed with the products from autofinesse, they seem top quality.

Couple of small updates - finally got the rear lights coded and working correctly after a LOT of trial and error (what a ball ache), fitted a sunstrip for extra scene points, and broke someone's neck.

Tom
Old 6th June 2017, 11:38   #54
UKtom
Established Member

Yesterday I picked the car up after getting a suuuper subtle oem+ satin silver wheel refurb, plus fresh tread all round. It's subtle, but makes a big difference - the car looks so fresh now, i love it!

Here it is:

The car was also treated to a major service too, so it's running sweet as a nut.

In other news that may take some by surprise, the wheel refurb was my second to last modfication for the rocco (last mod to be revealed soon). The rocco is going to be sale soon, to make way for another project and something i've wanted for a long time. I was umm'ing and ahh'ing about respraying it, but being quoted £4000 for a full respray (windows out, shut lines, boot shut etcetc), I decided I would be better off putting it towards a new project and something a little different.

I am sticking the scirocco out until September, as I've been exclusively invited to a show in Europe that's invite only, and one i've always wanted to go to, but afterwards the car will be up for sale. If anyone is seriously interested please let me know, but i'm expecting a lot of time wasters!

So, its the start of the end...

Tom
Old 13th August 2017, 10:07   #55
UKtom
Established Member

SOLD

The scirocco has now sold and gone to its new owner - Kris @ Forge Motorsport. I'm sure he will do a great job with her, can't wait to see his plans become reality - atleast I know the car is in good hands!

A final picture, as Kris drove her away....

However not all doom and gloom. Deposit has been paid and I will be collecting this stunner next Saturday!

I've met some great people through the scirocco forum and scirocco owners club. All the best to you all.

Peace out