Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd July 2018, 10:41   #1
Lardy2333

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0 TDC
Lardy2333 is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Brake Drum Bearings

Hi all,

I'm gradually replacing/fixing various bits and bobs on a 1.1 Desire that we got for my daughter and I've got round to the rear brakes. When taking the drums off the wheel bearings on both sides came off in bits so I ordered up some new ones whilst replacing the cylinders and brake shoes. The drums were pretty grotty so got some new ones from GSF. I don't have a press so stuck the drums into the oven and the bearings in the freezer gave it a while then the bearings dropped into the drums without any issues. Only problem now is that they won't go back on the car and I have a horrible feeling that I've managed to install the bearings the wrong way round! So, a couple of questions for you guys...

Is the little stub axle that the bearings sit on tapered? Does anyone know how to get these eyeless clips out of the drum? I don't mind sacrificing a couple of bearings but I don't want to lose the new drums. Finally, does anyone have a step by step guide (also known as an idiots guide) on how to replace the rear bearings so I don't make the same mistakes again?

Thanks, Lardy.
Lardy2333 is offline   Reply With Quote