Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 7th May 2012, 08:06   #1261
unreal106
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 GTI
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
unreal106 is on a distinguished road

Hahahahaha got to love a bit of animation in letters

Looks fantastic josh really coming on now good luck with the next big stages
Old 10th May 2012, 11:13   #1262
ska_wars
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 Black '99 VTS -Mk2 Black '89 Polo Coupe S
ska_wars is on a distinguished road

Just had a read through this. I used to be on SSC years ago as Andy_16v and remember the car from then.

You reconned the a rear beam for my VTS that's still on the car... Hasnt been on the road since 2010
Old 11th May 2012, 09:34   #1263
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska_wars View Post
Just had a read through this. I used to be on SSC years ago as Andy_16v and remember the car from then.

You reconned the a rear beam for my VTS that's still on the car... Hasnt been on the road since 2010
Lol that's awesome, cant beat old school ssc days! SSC seems a long time ago now! What's the current state of your Saxo then?

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 09:37   #1264
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Mathias will become famous soon enoughMathias will become famous soon enough

What bodies are you going to be using matey?

I'm assuming something from sandy? 90mm trumpets? Are you having to cut the scuttle? Or bulkhead?
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 09:44   #1265
jayline
Banned
South East Region Member

Car(s): mk1 flat arch
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
jayline is on a distinguished road

this has to be one of the best progress threads going, and the amount of time and care going into this is unreal! cant wait to see this all done and running! 10 out of 10 from me lad! keep posting updates
jayline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 09:59   #1266
xxo0pko0xx
Established Member

Car(s): Astra 2006 (55) 1.9 cdti 150 sri 192hp 322ftlb
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
xxo0pko0xx is on a distinguished road

i like this thread. a very good build!! however may i ask why the black bonnet???

edit-i mean boot

Last edited by xxo0pko0xx; 11th May 2012 at 10:09.
xxo0pko0xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 10:41   #1267
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What bodies are you going to be using matey?

I'm assuming something from sandy? 90mm trumpets? Are you having to cut the scuttle? Or bulkhead?
Have a look at the pictures mate, I asked Mark to extend the scuttle while retaining the standard ish look yeah Sandy bodies, I can't reveal the extract length otherwise I'd be giving away hours/weeks/months/years of R&D that Sandy has done to optimise his engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayline View Post
this has to be one of the best progress threads going, and the amount of time and care going into this is unreal! cant wait to see this all done and running! 10 out of 10 from me lad! keep posting updates
Thanks for the kind words Jay, I'll try and keep this up to date, I'm off to Monaco for the f1 for a week soon then when I get back I'll be very busy fitting the engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxo0pko0xx View Post
i like this thread. a very good build!! however may i ask why the black bonnet???

edit-i mean boot
Thanks what do you mean Black boot?

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
Old 11th May 2012, 10:46   #1268
jayline
Banned
South East Region Member

Car(s): mk1 flat arch
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
jayline is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=jpsaxo;5944883]

Thanks for the kind words Jay, I'll try and keep this up to date, I'm off to Monaco for the f1 for a week soon then when I get back I'll be very busy fitting the engine

no problem matey, and ohhh how very jealous i am of you right now!!!! LOL hope you have a good time at the f1
jayline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 10:48   #1269
lwigmore
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
lwigmore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
Have a look at the pictures mate, I asked Mark to extend the scuttle while retaining the standard ish look yeah Sandy bodies, I can't reveal the extract length otherwise I'd be giving away hours/weeks/months/years of R&D that Sandy has done to optimise his engines

Thanks what do you mean Black boot?

I think he means your carbon boot josh

I think this car is perfect mate, can't wait to see it at the ring mate
lwigmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 12:01   #1270
Richy_Rich
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 Gti
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Richy_Rich is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxo0pko0xx View Post

edit-i mean boot
You mean his carbon Boot? That matches his carbon roof? And soon to be bonnet?

Love the progress josh!

You going to be running a box with the new lump? or leaving them free with a filter? 90mm?
Old 11th May 2012, 18:53   #1271
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

Looking good Josh(JP) can't wait to see this at FCS in the pits/on track

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 08:25   #1272
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

[quote=jayline;5944891]
Quote:

no problem matey, and ohhh how very jealous i am of you right now!!!! LOL hope you have a good time at the f1
Haha, I can't wait to be chilling in monaco with a few beers watching the f1 cars scream past in the beaut sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwigmore View Post
I think he means your carbon boot josh

I think this car is perfect mate, can't wait to see it at the ring mate
Cheers Lee ah - yeah he must mean the carbon boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post
You mean his carbon Boot? That matches his carbon roof? And soon to be bonnet?

Love the progress josh!

You going to be running a box with the new lump? or leaving them free with a filter? 90mm?
Sandy will be using a Sausage type filter on the end of the bodies. We will try various trumpet lengths until we hit the sweet spot but Sandy has a good idea of the ideal length from his last engine build, which made a 'huge' gain when he hit the sweet spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Looking good Josh(JP) can't wait to see this at FCS in the pits/on track
Same for you Wayne, it will be interesting to see how much quicker yours is boosted than mine. What power are you expecting from yours?

Old 12th May 2012, 10:03   #1273
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!

Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

[quote=jpsaxo;5946192]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayline View Post

Haha, I can't wait to be chilling in monaco with a few beers watching the f1 cars scream past in the beaut sunshine

Cheers Lee ah - yeah he must mean the carbon boot

Sandy will be using a Sausage type filter on the end of the bodies. We will try various trumpet lengths until we hit the sweet spot but Sandy has a good idea of the ideal length from his last engine build, which made a 'huge' gain when he hit the sweet spot

Same for you Wayne, it will be interesting to see how much quicker yours is boosted than mine. What power are you expecting from yours?
280@wheels, but turned down to 200-210 @wheels on first setting on boost controller to start with just to get used to that sort of power first. Will be interesting i'm sure, i don't know the track so will take it steady for a few laps

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Old 12th May 2012, 10:22   #1274
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

What's that at the fly roughly?

Old 12th May 2012, 10:36   #1275
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
What's that at the fly roughly?
280@wheels is about 310-320 at fly, 200-210@wheels is about 230/240 at fly give or take depending on transmission losses.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wayne For This Useful Post:
Old 12th May 2012, 11:21   #1276
Richy_Rich
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 Gti
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Richy_Rich is on a distinguished road

Ah nice! That's the same filter I ran on mine! Really looking forward to seeing/hearing this!
Old 12th May 2012, 11:28   #1277
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

awesome stuff man who tanned (a bit)
Old 12th May 2012, 12:05   #1278
samsdad

Car(s): saxo vtr/s passat tdi
samsdad is on a distinguished road

just got back into the saxo scene and i remeber this from pfc top motor mate and inspirational
samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to samsdad For This Useful Post:
Old 13th May 2012, 10:02   #1279
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
280@wheels is about 310-320 at fly, 200-210@wheels is about 230/240 at fly give or take depending on transmission losses.
That's cool, will be interesting to see your lower boost setting vs my engine and see what the difference is like on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post
Ah nice! That's the same filter I ran on mine! Really looking forward to seeing/hearing this!
Yeah I can't wait now either Rich, I've got another weeks work to do roughly then I'm in Monaco for the F1 for a week and when I come back it's engine fitting time, bring it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia_Bush View Post
awesome stuff man who tanned (a bit)
Haha cheers Gav! You at fcs mate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsdad View Post
just got back into the saxo scene and i remeber this from pfc top motor mate and inspirational
Hey mate, yeah that seems a long time ago now, the cars changed a fair bit since then, it had another PFC mag feature last summer as well

Old 15th May 2012, 20:37   #1280
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

Nothing THAT interesting... the last week or so I've been doing LOTS of bits and bobs to tidy the car up and while I'm waiting for the engine

I ordered loads of clips, rubber bungs, fixings etc as these were all brittle & broken when we took them out to sand blast the underside of the chassis

A few of the clips, bungs etc arrived... still waiting on loads more!

New air-fans filter foam

New front inner wheel arches

Also finished the fuel system off and popped 5 litres of fuel in the tank as it was empty

In the mean time dads been carrying on with the gearbox build. We've changed a few things this time to try and build in even more reliability to the gearbox, if it break again its BE time for me lol

My FCS track time & tickets also arrived... whether the engine will be ready in time I really don't know, fingers crossed

Main jobs left are to finish the brake lines when the replacement drivers side front line arrives from Citroen. I also need to move the fuse box in behind the dash and hopefully get the carbon bonnet back from Mark this weekend. Apart from that the cars ready for the engine now

Last edited by jpsaxo; 15th May 2012 at 20:39.