Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates > Suspected Scammer Info

Suspected Scammer Info Unfortunately an increasing number of members are being scammed, despite strict trading guidelines being in place. Please use this forum to collate all information about suspected scammers, to make investigation/prosecution easier.

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2011, 09:16   #21
VTHall
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Black corsa c SXI.
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VTHall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Who cares if he is "genuine", ordering from amazon is genuine, you still wouldnt accept 3 weeks as a delivery time.
alright.. christ.. i was just backing up that he aint no scammer or whatever.
Facepalm
Old 19th May 2011, 13:33   #22
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

I waited about 2 weeks for some brake jointers then they came as was still wrong then told me that he can't get the parts.

Even though it a standard parts and on a kit which should have been easy to fit and fit cost me alot more sort the parts and driving around the country get the parts

He said he sent the ones I needed but they where totally wrong.

I have already said it and I'll say it again very poor customer serivce.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:37   #23
tally2425
Established Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
tally2425 is on a distinguished road

I have had some more sent out today i realy hope these turn up!
Old 19th May 2011, 14:30   #24
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
who says they are all on this forum?
Im also on 4 or 5 other french car forums, a couple of ford ones and ebay.

I dont mind paying to be a more proactive seller on the forum, but the £300 in one hit is a bit much, if they did as other forums did and had a lower monthly figure i would happily pay it.
Quote:
I do 20+ transactions a wk some for several hundred pounds at a time
If you do 20+ transactions a week, some for several hundered pounds then surely £300 wouldn't be much of a problem. If you'd be willing to pay a monthly fee then you'd be doing that because you're a trader, so you've basically just admitted that you're a trader

Waiting weeks for a couple of bolts is a bit out of order tbh, what if you needed this stuff to get your car working??

EDIT: If anyone wants bolts i've got loads, just pay postage and paypal fees on the postage and i'll send them to ya for nothing. Got most bolts, nuts, washers, locking nuts, compression washers etc etc, Not standard OEM ones, but then neigther is swampys, there all SS high quality etc.

Last edited by kristel10589; 19th May 2011 at 14:41.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kristel10589 For This Useful Post:
Old 19th May 2011, 18:04   #25
tally2425
Established Member

Ill be very suprised if i get my bolts at all now after opening this can
Old 19th May 2011, 18:09   #26
SAM-S44MDS-
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): A few
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
SAM-S44MDS- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristel10589 View Post
If you do 20+ transactions a week, some for several hundered pounds then surely £300 wouldn't be much of a problem. If you'd be willing to pay a monthly fee then you'd be doing that because you're a trader, so you've basically just admitted that you're a trader

Waiting weeks for a couple of bolts is a bit out of order tbh, what if you needed this stuff to get your car working??

EDIT: If anyone wants bolts i've got loads, just pay postage and paypal fees on the postage and i'll send them to ya for nothing. Got most bolts, nuts, washers, locking nuts, compression washers etc etc, Not standard OEM ones, but then neigther is swampys, there all SS high quality etc.
He did say not all on this forum though. It would be pointless paying £300 to trade on the forum if it only generates £200 or so in profit. Would be better off not trading on here at all if that was the case. Not like he is selling massive profitable items on a daily basis. He sells a few quids worth of nuts and bolts every now and then

Not protecting Swampy, dont even know him. Just pointing that out for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by L20VTS View Post
I only got stuck because I couldn't get out
Old 19th May 2011, 18:17   #27
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 38 (100%)
swampy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM-S44MDS- View Post
He did say not all on this forum though. It would be pointless paying £300 to trade on the forum if it only generates £200 or so in profit. Would be better off not trading on here at all if that was the case. Not like he is selling massive profitable items on a daily basis. He sells a few quids worth of nuts and bolts every now and then

exactly!
Forums account for less than a qtr of anything i sell so why would i fork out that amount in one go when i probs dont make that much in 12monthes.
I have a full time job and just do the bolts and lines as i can get them at a good price and pass them savings on.
Tally your bolts went in the post in a white envelope with brown tape on at 11am today 1st class delivery so you should get them tomorrow.
Old 19th May 2011, 18:21   #28
tally2425
Established Member

Quote:
exactly!
Forums account for less than a qtr of anything i sell so why would i fork out that amount in one go when i probs dont make that much in 12monthes.
I have a full time job and just do the bolts and lines as i can get them at a good price and pass them savings on.
Tally your bolts went in the post in a white envelope with brown tape on at 11am today 1st class delivery so you should get them tomorrow.
wooo :d
Old 19th May 2011, 18:23   #29
KrisB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Content ContributorSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Static -80mm Peugeot 405
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
KrisB is on a distinguished road

As i've said before rich, get yourself a website and people will just link to that instead.

There's plenty of people on the forums who will help you to design and build a website, probably in exchange for some car bits

And for everyone else, i have used swampy on countless occasions, yeah maybe i've had to wait a bit longer than expected for some bolts to arrive but it wasnt worth kicking up a fuss over. He's always delivered and always got it right. I'll always recommend him... it's not like he's making any money on selling the bolts etc, a guy on pug306.net and probably even on here, welsh_ben sells wind deflectors. He doesnt pay to sell them because he makes hardly anything from selling... the same principle applies here and these select people are just getting things for forum users at a decent price, in my opinion they are doing us a favour supplying with cheaper parts. I aint taking sides here, never met rich or even spoken to him on the phone, i don't know his personality but i can get a good idea about what kind of person he is by the good things he does. He's only human and deserves a break sometimes, if you've got issues about him 'scamming' you then try approaching him via his email adress which i'm sure you'll be able to find or even know if you've paid by paypal.

Actually rich... whats your email... got a proposition for you.

Last edited by KrisB; 19th May 2011 at 18:35.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:18   #30
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore

kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tally2425 View Post
Ill be very suprised if i get my bolts at all now after opening this can
If you don't, put in a paypal claim, get ya money back, pm me what bolts/nuts you want and cover p&p and Ill get them sent out to you. This goes for anbyone as i said before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM-S44MDS- View Post

It doesn't amtter how much he sells or how little or big the profit is, hes buying products to sell them on, that is a trader, I could be easily making more then £300 a year profit if I sold my bolts and I could do them cheaper!!!

No matter what, swampy I garauntee is making a profit, otherwise he wouldn't do it!

So in actuyal fact he is a scammer because he's making profit from the site and not paying for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisB View Post
As i've said before rich, get yourself a website and people will just link to that instead.

There's plenty of people on the forums who will help you to design and build a website, probably in exchange for some car bits

And for everyone else, i have used swampy on countless occasions, yeah maybe i've had to wait a bit longer than expected for some bolts to arrive but it wasnt worth kicking up a fuss over. He's always delivered and always got it right. I'll always recommend him... it's not like he's making any money on selling the bolts etc, a guy on pug306.net and probably even on here, welsh_ben sells wind deflectors. He doesnt pay to sell them because he makes hardly anything from selling... the same principle applies here and these select people are just getting things for forum users at a decent price, in my opinion they are doing us a favour supplying with cheaper parts. I aint taking sides here, never met rich or even spoken to him on the phone, i don't know his personality but i can get a good idea about what kind of person he is by the good things he does. He's only human and deserves a break sometimes, if you've got issues about him 'scamming' you then try approaching him via his email adress which i'm sure you'll be able to find or even know if you've paid by paypal.

Actually rich... whats your email... got a proposition for you.
I could produce everything swampy does and the bolts I can sell for free. Why would he do it if he wasn't making a profit, going through sourcing, providing and posting bolts,nuts etc for nothing...don't think so.

The reason I can provide for free is because I have access to free bolts/nuts and washers etc and have a big box full of them.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:57   #31
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
If you don't, put in a paypal claim, get ya money back, pm me what bolts/nuts you want and cover p&p and Ill get them sent out to you. This goes for anbyone as i said before.

It doesn't amtter how much he sells or how little or big the profit is, hes buying products to sell them on, that is a trader, I could be easily making more then £300 a year profit if I sold my bolts and I could do them cheaper!!!

No matter what, swampy I garauntee is making a profit, otherwise he wouldn't do it!

So in actuyal fact he is a scammer because he's making profit from the site and not paying for it.

I could produce everything swampy does and the bolts I can sell for free. Why would he do it if he wasn't making a profit, going through sourcing, providing and posting bolts,nuts etc for nothing...don't think so.

The reason I can provide for free is because I have access to free bolts/nuts and washers etc and have a big box full of them.
so you would sell on stolen goods then?
As you must be "borrowing" them from work.
Sure your boss would appreciate that.
Old 19th May 2011, 22:09   #32
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
so you would sell on stolen goods then?
As you must be "borrowing" them from work.
Sure your boss would appreciate that.
Where have I said i stole? someone sounds like they're getting upset because someone else is here to take profit away from them . Slander is a dangerous thing. I Order bolts and nuts in bulk if you really must know, so literally cost me pence each, not that any of it is YOUR buisness and has nothing to do with you!!!
Old 19th May 2011, 22:13   #33
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

not upset at all

just dont understand why any one would give stuff away for free that they have paid for!
unless of course they arnt paying for it and some one else is, so in fact they are not being left out of pocket.

as i have said the amount i make from bolts n this forum is minimal so aint fussed either way if i sell them or you give them away.
Old 19th May 2011, 22:15   #34
saxo-parts
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): C2 VTR stripped, 406hdi, clio 172
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
saxo-parts is on a distinguished road

stop squabbling peeps please, theres some nasty things getting chucked around. So swampys not an affiliate? sure, he perhaps should be but can see why he can't justify paying, however he at least puts a lot of input back into the forum in general and tries to help people out with info,tech advice etc unlike a lot of people who only post up in the for sale and wanted sections selling off parts from cars they are breaking and don't post any where else, and parts for a lot more money then the couple of quid here and there like swampy. BTW i have never had any dealings with swampy, have never had need to ask his favour and don't neccesarily agree with everything he says but think that a bit of a witch hunt seems to have come around.
Old 19th May 2011, 22:17   #35
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
not upset at all

just dont understand why any one would give stuff away for free that they have paid for!
unless of course they arnt paying for it and some one else is, so in fact they are not being left out of pocket.

as i have said the amount i make from bolts n this forum is minimal so aint fussed either way if i sell them or you give them away.
but you shouldn't be making anything on stuff you sell without being a trader.

Theres no reason, if people buy goods from you and pay for p&p why it shouldn't take more then 2-3 days on a normal working week, let alone this time, all you have to do is look at your profile wall to see how many digruntled customers you have with delivery times etc.
Old 19th May 2011, 22:20   #36
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:

Theres no reason, if people buy goods from you and pay for p&p why it shouldn't take more then 2-3 days on a normal working week, let alone this time, all you have to do is look at your profile wall to see how many digruntled customers you have with delivery times etc.
nice way to dodge my reply!

mandyslover thank you
Old 19th May 2011, 22:27   #37
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:

nice way to dodge my reply!

yep maybe on times my posting could be a bit quicker, but this isnt my job and so things have to be worked around it, on the whole most people see me as doing them a favour with what i offer, particuly the track boys who want stronger better suspension bolts and the show boys who like shiny bolts for the engine bays, which no main citroen dealer will sell anyway.

alot of the bolts around these cars are becoming obsolete, and alot of them them are ones people want, like damoer bolts and pinch bolts (which they have being supplying set screws and not bolts)

mandyslover thank you
Old 19th May 2011, 22:42   #38
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Maybe the people upset should start using the iTrader function.

Head > Desk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Old 19th May 2011, 22:46   #39
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Maybe the people upset should start using the iTrader function.

Head > Desk.
very true !
Old 19th May 2011, 22:52   #40
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr15 View Post
also messaged you about a refund or tracking number for a replacement brake line, heard nothing for ages. had to find a standard one for mot and that was over a month ago
quoting yourself ftl
The Following User Says Thank You to Chr15 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread