Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 24th January 2008, 09:26   #1
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of
Default Rebuilding Pc - Its a emachine! :(

Right
about 1yr ago my mum got a emachines pc (dont ask me why) lol
so its been sitting in the spare room since then and not used once lol
so i have taken it apart!
im not a new person when building pcs and setting them up, ive bult a fair few now! and did mine

so this emachine pc i want to turn into a win xp pc!
i have taken the orginal 80gig hardrive out and replaced it with 2 x 120 gig drives and 1 40 gig for windows, it will pretty much just be a storage pc as mines almost full!!!! (800 mine has hehe)
So i put all the new drives in etc and it has a cdrw drive so sorted
i turn it all on get into the bios, and there are no drives detected!!!!
so i turn off and unplu everything apart from the cd drive, reboot and still no drives, did that with each drive and nothing, so back to my pc and tested the drives and they all work

whats going on here....... is it something to do with the emachine would i need to flash the bios you think? so it can detect new drives?
Old 24th January 2008, 09:31   #2
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

Not as such just amke sure you master HD or CD drive is set to master on the back (the pins with the jumper) and the slave is set to slave on the abck of the disk etc
betty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 09:36   #3
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

yeah ive done all that and since nothing, tried diff cables! completly confused!
Old 24th January 2008, 10:30   #4
bytor
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Audi A6 Avant Quattro.
bytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to behold

Generally pc world pc's are not set to autodect in the bios, by this i mean it wont look for your hard drives etc, because they are normally preset, this makes for a faster boot.

Go into the bios, (del, or f2 or f12 etc on boot) go into the first menu (assuming its a common bios), and set the table to auto (im assuming they will be at user or something), if they are on auto, there are a few other things to try.
bytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 10:33   #5
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

yeha i changed the bios to auto
and had a fiddle with things in there and since nout how lame!
Old 24th January 2008, 10:35   #6
bytor
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Audi A6 Avant Quattro.
bytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to beholdbytor is a splendid one to behold

i'd pull the power out, and click the power button, turn the psu off (if it has a switch) and take the cmos, the battery out. leave it a few mins, try again.
bytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 10:41   #7
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

yeah gotta shoot home at lunch time from work so ill give it a go! bloody thing! lol
Old 24th January 2008, 14:00   #8
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tried some more at lunch and its found the cddrive so its a step closer and turned off again, and plugged 1 harddrive and found that! wowowow

so ill try more 2night
Old 24th January 2008, 14:29   #9
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

Well taking the battery out will always sort it lol looses everything then, just do one drive at a time though then when you stop seeing them swap the order around and see if it could be just 1 dodgy drive
Old 24th January 2008, 15:12   #10
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

yeah thats the plan
so ill then have a media pc with like 500gigs of storage and my pc with 800 odd and i wont have to move again
Old 24th January 2008, 15:35   #11
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

lol easy just to buy 1 500GB tbh haha!
Old 24th January 2008, 16:05   #12
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

hahahah
yeah im not made of money, check genral chat and ull see him lookin at flats lol