Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 11th October 2007, 08:28   #41
Baynesey
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): mk2 Vtr
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Baynesey is a jewel in the roughBaynesey is a jewel in the roughBaynesey is a jewel in the rough

alright mate, got the red one going to my remote terminal on the amp, the yellow one just wrapped up, as i thought it was the dimmer wire???
Old 11th October 2007, 09:06   #42
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

yeah sounds right have you tryed puting it to the + on the amp have you put the wires any where near the relays next to the fuse box does the buzz change when you turn the lights on and off? is it coming from just speakers or is it coming from the speakers and sub are your front speakers amps?

Last edited by liam_b; 11th October 2007 at 09:08.
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 21:28   #43
Baynesey
Established Member
South East Region Member

Baynesey is a jewel in the roughBaynesey is a jewel in the roughBaynesey is a jewel in the rough

yea mate tried that today still making the humming, i wired it to the cig lighter, still humming, its doing my head in!!!!

its just coming out the subs not the speakers,
Old 11th October 2007, 22:07   #44
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

can only suggest you check all the other wires mate, what gauge wire are you using to wire it all in??

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 23:29   #45
Baynesey
Established Member
South East Region Member

i dunno what gauge wire it is but its a bit thicker the the stuff coming off the back of the gauge.

bloke in the local ice shop said it didnt matter about the gauge of wire as long as it wasnt thinner.

at one stage i had the noise gone but i had all the wires everywhere, so had to undo it all to get it neat, but put it back excatly the same but the noise came back, im thinking something running from the back of the HU to the amp is being messed around by something then the gauge is on.

give it another shot tomorrow!!!!
Old 11th October 2007, 23:48   #46
Lozza_vtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf Mk4 1.8T
Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah, i would just try routing the wires a different way mate. It is obviously picking up interference somewhere along the line.
Lozza_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 13:40   #47
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

haha i got the buzz now i had 2 move some wires about in the car now i got a buzz and pop so its to do with where the wires are i seem to get loads of interference when the wires are near the light relay
Old 12th October 2007, 16:42   #48
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): BMW 3.0 X3,toyota mr2 & Skyline R33
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

wired mine up today so piss easy lol

set mine up so it only powers up with the sidelights on.

whast hte point having it on in daylight since you hardly can see it LOLS.

Brown wire and yellow wire and earthed to a bolt under the carpet..
traced the cables down the side of the dash cant see them at all did not have to drill or unscrew anything .
thank you mr skyline man
djmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 01:11   #49
Baynesey
Established Member
South East Region Member

pred need your help again lol,

decided to put it in the cig lighter coz the buzzing has come back how would i go about that???
Old 26th January 2008, 01:14   #50
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

lol why me

are the wires all taped up and how did you connect the wires up??

Old 26th January 2008, 01:15   #51
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

im pretty sure it will still buzz if its in cig lighter move the wires about should stop it
Old 26th January 2008, 01:26   #52
Baynesey
Established Member
South East Region Member

well in the end i left it all connected to the amp, i just played around with the settings on the amp and it made the noise go away,

but i havent been driving my car, got in it today to start it up, sorting it out to get everything ready for when im back on the road soon, put a cd on, and where ive played around with the amp settings, my subs are hardly noticeable, so had a play with the setting on my radio, no difference, so had a play with the amp, and as soon as i move anthing on there the noise comes back.

so i just ripped the whole lot out and im starting again,

think is if the black wire aint touching a earth the gauge turns off, the further away the earth is to the radio the quieter the buzz is???

im confussed :'(
Old 26th January 2008, 01:31   #53
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

did you try earthing it somewere else mate, as the earth you have it on may share it with the radio

Old 26th January 2008, 01:35   #54
Baynesey
Established Member
South East Region Member

yea i did, it only buzzes through the subs ive found, if i disconnect my subs if works fine,

i read above the liam had trouble when the wires were by the light relay. wheres that???
Old 26th January 2008, 01:39   #55
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

hmmmmm not sure if it will be the relays mate, could be a dodgy rca, try pulling them out when everything is on to see if it stops

Old 26th January 2008, 01:40   #56
Baynesey
Established Member
South East Region Member

rca????? what??? lol....

when i first got it i set it up quick to make sure it worked alright, i just had the wires going over the seats etc and it didnt buzz, ill have another go tomorrow!!!!
Old 26th January 2008, 01:50   #57
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

yeah but you may of dmaged one after that

also could be a wire touching it

Old 26th January 2008, 01:55   #58
Baynesey
Established Member
South East Region Member

ok mate ill have a play tomorrow!
Old 26th January 2008, 01:57   #59
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

cant remember the hole of this thread but things that stoped the buzz where

:more the wire about and see if that changes the sound reroute the wires
:swap pre-out
:change earthing point
:earth headunit to where the amp/s are earthed

thats all i can remember off the top of my head think there are one or two other ways il post up when i remember good luck mate