Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 17th March 2008, 19:15   #1
vts-yes
Established Member

iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
vts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud of
Default only premium members able to sell stuff

Then we wont have people keep paying for things and then never turning up. I mean membership is only £15.
vts-yes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 19:22   #2
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

it wont stop it, plenty of premium members have "ripped" people off all ready. Although we hold details on address etc... we cant do anything with it unless legal are involved

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 19:33   #3
vts-yes
Established Member

vts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud ofvts-yes has much to be proud of

yes i kno, due to data protection u can give out info but people arent really going to pa ythe £15 to join to knock someone. Will never be able to stop it but maybe cut it down.
Old 17th March 2008, 20:28   #4
lynch145
Regular Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk2 gold vtr
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
lynch145 has a spectacular aura aboutlynch145 has a spectacular aura about

someone will still be willing to pay 15 quid for the sake of £100 - £200 even more though imo, its a tough one, i would only buy of someone with feed back anyway and if its too faraway to collect i wont buy it simple
lynch145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 20:31   #5
vts-yes
Established Member

good point lynch.
Old 17th March 2008, 21:11   #6
Dez
Established Member
South East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vt*
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team member

easy way to resolve this tbh is to ban the posting of items and state members have to meet half way to collect, at least that way if the other member doesnt turn up all you've wasted is your petrol money and not loads of cash

Decat - Doing my bit for the environment
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 21:15   #7
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

i have met a few people of here for stuff and not had a problem yet (touch wood)

i make sure i get a mobile number and ring the person before i leave
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 21:19   #8
Dez
Established Member
South East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vt*
Dez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
i have met a few people of here for stuff and not had a problem yet (touch wood)

i make sure i get a mobile number and ring the person before i leave
yep i personally think this is the best way, only other option would be to insist that everybody uses paypal.. its unfair because people on here send their hard earned monies and there are some twats who fuck people over which then leaves a sour taste in the buyers mouth not to trust anyone from here again,

Also must be a pain for the Mod's as im sure they get complaints about this all the time but as above their hands really are tied

Decat - Doing my bit for the environment
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 21:34   #9
therigmakerp
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo 1600 vtr, honda prelude 2.3 / 4 wheel stear w
therigmaker will become famous soon enoughtherigmaker will become famous soon enough

if a lot of this fuckery is going on then wouldnt it be an idia to send the cash to a well respected and trustwerthy member on sax to hold the cash, cheque or what ever, the seller then sends the goods to the buyer, if all is good the cash gets sent on to the seller.
therigmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 21:50   #10
Ge0_Ge
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 106 GTI, Audi S3
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ge0_Ge is a splendid one to beholdGe0_Ge is a splendid one to beholdGe0_Ge is a splendid one to beholdGe0_Ge is a splendid one to beholdGe0_Ge is a splendid one to beholdGe0_Ge is a splendid one to beholdGe0_Ge is a splendid one to behold

charge abit more put it buy it now on ebay, then sell it?

use paypal?

meet the people

bought two things off here now, R rims which i collected, and wiper which was sent, both ok, and obvs the cit sport badges of willsy which were good too

no bad experience for me so far
Ge0_Ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 21:53   #11
Hannah
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Stannah Stairlift
Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!

As long as you don't arrange to meet halfway accross the country. Get there and they don't show! lol.

Like as said, you can never stop scams. Even on ebay etc.
Old 17th March 2008, 22:33   #12
Mrk1
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Mrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant futureMrk1 has a brilliant future

Surely its just best to trade with a trusted/established member. As long as everything is sorted properly then it should be no problem, some people are too quick to jump to conclusions because the post was late. If people want to abuse the system they will regardless of their position (as member).
Mrk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 14:21   #13
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

50 posts is to small i feel, but then that is a totally different debate, on any forum where money can be exhanged for items you will get pikeys out for a quick buck.

as stated above, without legal protection theirs nothing the admins can do other then ban the user etc, then again sometimes the user at fault could of have a family problem or crashed etc so its not easy,

even then, their will be someone who will leave bad rep claiming they didnt receive an item / didnt send the item etc

cant win
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 14:24   #14
Davidp
Saxperience Addict
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!

To be fair, you'll never stop people 'ripping people off' no matter what sax-p does.
It might just be me, but I don't think many people have been ripped off...?
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 21:34   #15
Jackman
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): iTB 205 Rallye, 205 STDT.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!

Don't think this is a good idea at all.

Why should members like myself suffer because of a few idiots.

Not all Non-Premium member are bad and not all Premium members are perfect.