Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 9th July 2008, 14:10   #61
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDannyB View Post
so if you have 2 amps, u use a dizzy block so that you dont have to run two cables from the front of the car to the back. another question, where do you connect the power to at the front of the car? surely you dont directly connect to the battery?
Thats correct! I have 3 amps, so i wouldnt want to be running 3 lengths of 0 awg down the car! Lol! Gets expensive!

I bought new battery terminals, which accept 0 gauge cable, they are gold plated and i will take upto 4 cables if need be!

But you can just bolt it to anything that connects to the + temrinal! You normally have a few things coming off the standard terminal anyway, but on saxo's you dont cus of that stupid clip. but if you look in the fuse box above the battery you will see a nice little M8 nut, just asking to clamp a power cable!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 14:11   #62
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyPrigmore View Post
forgot to ask.. how hard is it changing the big 3?

Piece of piss!
Old 9th July 2008, 14:12   #63
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Piece of piss!
nice one.. just terminals? like on the battery?

disconnect old wire.. re connect new wire? etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 14:14   #64
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
nice one.. just terminals? like on the battery?

disconnect old wire.. re connect new wire? etc etc
Well you just need like ring terminals on the end of some lengths of 0 gauge cable.
Old 9th July 2008, 14:15   #65
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

oh so you do go striaght off the batt then. surely you have to fuse it somewhere ?
DJDannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 14:16   #66
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

coonper ive decided when i have actually bought my car haha and got my audio gear, im driving to ur place lmao
Old 9th July 2008, 14:19   #67
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Oh yes, you deffo fuse the fooker! If you dont, expect to have fire, everywhere! Lol

Like i say, on saxo's you cant go straight off the battery, cus they have that over centre clip, but most (normal) cars have ring connectors and all sorts on there anyway, so you just bolt to one of those.
Old 9th July 2008, 14:21   #68
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
oh so you do go striaght off the batt then. surely you have to fuse it somewhere ?
yep you do
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 9th July 2008, 14:22   #69
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
forgot to ask.. how hard is it changing the big 3?
easy mate changed my earths last year but did alternator to battery yestoday im still using the old cables just added another one on top has made a big diffrence my volt reading used to be 13.5ish when the engine was running its now 14.5
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 14:22   #70
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Well you just need like ring terminals on the end of some lengths of 0 gauge cable.
ahh.. simple
Quote:
Old 9th July 2008, 14:26   #71
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
easy mate changed my earths last year but did alternator to battery yestoday im still using the old cables just added another one on top has made a big diffrence my volt reading used to be 13.5ish when the engine was running its now 14.5
Say hello to another 50-70rms!
Old 9th July 2008, 14:36   #72
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

where do you fuse the wire then?
Old 9th July 2008, 14:41   #73
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
where do you fuse the wire then?
You use a fuse holder!

You get it as close to battery as possible.
Old 9th July 2008, 14:56   #74
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

oh cool i see. does the amp power not go off with the ignition then
Old 9th July 2008, 14:59   #75
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
yes.. hence your remote wire
Quote:
Old 9th July 2008, 14:59   #76
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Yes, it would do, because the battery temrinal is permanently live, but the remote cable from the back of the head unit tells it turn on and off with the head unit, so if you wire the remote in then it will go on and off with the head unit
Old 9th July 2008, 15:00   #77
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

ar right nice one. i learn something everyday in this ice section nice one coonp
Old 9th July 2008, 15:02   #78
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
ar right nice one. i learn something everyday in this ice section nice one coonp
Thats coonper to you!

The N in my name was a typo! Lol My real name is matt cooper!
Old 9th July 2008, 15:02   #79
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Coonper