Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 28th October 2009, 11:56   #21
chris_ph2
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2003 Ice Grey VTR
chris_ph2 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just eat porridge for most meals plus 3 weight gain shakes a day for protein (cnp pro mass choc) plus pure fresh juice or innocent smoothie to help me hit my 5 a day. most days i'll have a cooked meal aswell - meat or fish with potatoes and veg etc. i am quite lazy though and it's piss easy to stick to

2003 Ice Grey VTR: K&N Panel, Raceland 4-1, Decat, Supersprint/Piper Stainless, Superchip, Quickshift, Eibach 50mm, OZ SuperTs, T1Rs, OMP Brace, Smoked Lights, 118.9bhp
Progress topic: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129304
chris_ph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 12:01   #22
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vtr
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gordi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ph2 View Post
i just eat porridge for most meals plus 3 weight gain shakes a day for protein (cnp pro mass choc) plus pure fresh juice or innocent smoothie to help me hit my 5 a day. most days i'll have a cooked meal aswell - meat or fish with potatoes and veg etc. i am quite lazy though and it's piss easy to stick to
THINK you should be having a cooked meal everyday mate n eatin proper fruit n veg for ur 5aday
Old 28th October 2009, 12:14   #23
Psycho18
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 White VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Psycho18 will become famous soon enoughPsycho18 will become famous soon enough

never replace food for supplements. Supplements are exactly that, they supplement the extra food you will need for weight training. Get three decent proper meals and use either weight gainer or protein to supplement yourself throughout the day. for e.g

I have breakfast (Porridge oats), protein shake, multi-vit and essential omegas, dinner and protein shake then hit the gym 30mins after dinner. have a big tea followed by 2pints of milk before bed. As milk is a slow digesting protein!

In 2months i have gained 1 stone and barely any fat! I'm much for muscular and everyone is commenting on how big i'm looking.
Psycho18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 12:36   #24
chris_ph2
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2003 Ice Grey VTR
chris_ph2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordi View Post
THINK you should be having a cooked meal everyday mate n eatin proper fruit n veg for ur 5aday
well it is nearly every day lol which means 2/3 veg nearly every day plus surely if the juice is 100% pure fresh not from concentrate it's just as good as actual fruit?

i used to eat chicken, fish, rice, etc but it's just so expensive when you're eating 5/6 times a day! bag of porridge and a 6 pinter of milk is a lot cheaper and lasts longer!

for breakfast i have a bowl of porridge, weight gain shake with 500ml semi milk, vitamin c tab and a glass of water

then 2-3 hours later another bowl of porridge, about 45-60mins before gym

gym, then weight gain shake with water

few more meals, then another shake in the evening again with 500ml milk

no way i could drink 2 pints right before bed though! takes that long to get through your system. i had 500ml about 9.30pm last night, toilet about 11.30pm then bed and still woke up needing the loo!

i am happy with my progress. gaining muscle, small amount of fat, birds poking my chest and saying i never had pecs when they met me lol. love it

i am open to advice though and will try to take it on board. just price and simplicity are a major factor at the min!

2003 Ice Grey VTR: K&N Panel, Raceland 4-1, Decat, Supersprint/Piper Stainless, Superchip, Quickshift, Eibach 50mm, OZ SuperTs, T1Rs, OMP Brace, Smoked Lights, 118.9bhp
Progress topic: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129304
chris_ph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 14:30   #25
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

what weight gainer you using? ive just been given x2 2kg tubs of that holland and barret muscle and weight gainer. dont wetehr to use it or not.. i wouldnt ever buy it but was free so reckon its worth a go? getting some PHD syneregy for before n after training but might try this for during the day shake to top up the cals.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:44   #26
admad
Frequent Poster

Car(s): MR2 Turbo, impreza sti
admad is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Crunkers;3796179]i'm sorry, but you have all that and you still don't put weight on? I find that very hard to believe
believe it mate i been eating like this for 2 weeks now some days im too busy to get all that food down me but most days i do i have noticed more strength and energy but no decent gains i have prob put on a pound tops. I actually put 4 pounds on eating real healthy my diet before was
mornin: cereals porridge with chopped bannana and golden syrup or honey made with whey shake
dinner: sandwhiches or a big salad , fruit and prob a yoghurt
tea: once again something healthy like fish and veg or chicken
that was it no snacks etc i would have 3 whey shakes a day and this seemed to gain me weight but not size which i dont understand as i was just getting leaner and leaner. i may go back to this diet in 2 weeks if gains dont happen
admad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 17:45   #27
admad
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordi View Post
what weight gainer you using? ive just been given x2 2kg tubs of that holland and barret muscle and weight gainer. dont wetehr to use it or not.. i wouldnt ever buy it but was free so reckon its worth a go? getting some PHD syneregy for before n after training but might try this for during the day shake to top up the cals.
i know it was free mate but ive heard nothing but bad things about the h+b sups
Old 28th October 2009, 18:58   #28
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v VTR + Nitrous
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
DusheR is on a distinguished road

Still doesnt sound like a lot to me. If your still struggling, add more carbs. I must be on around 300g protein, 500-600g carbs, 80g fat. Put fat on aye, but inflate shoulders while you do. Keep up your cardio aswell, just be consistant.
Old 29th October 2009, 09:42   #29
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admad View Post
i know it was free mate but ive heard nothing but bad things about the h+b sups
ai ive fooked it off mate just ordered some PHD syneregy wana buy the H&B stuff suppost to be good
Old 29th October 2009, 13:07   #30
Riko360
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Polar white VTS Fixed for the 2nd time!
Riko360 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=admad;3797035]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunkers View Post
i'm sorry, but you have all that and you still don't put weight on? I find that very hard to believe
believe it mate i been eating like this for 2 weeks now some days im too busy to get all that food down me but most days i do i have noticed more strength and energy but no decent gains i have prob put on a pound tops. I actually put 4 pounds on eating real healthy my diet before was
mornin: cereals porridge with chopped bannana and golden syrup or honey made with whey shake
dinner: sandwhiches or a big salad , fruit and prob a yoghurt
tea: once again something healthy like fish and veg or chicken
that was it no snacks etc i would have 3 whey shakes a day and this seemed to gain me weight but not size which i dont understand as i was just getting leaner and leaner. i may go back to this diet in 2 weeks if gains dont happen
mate there is no way you wouldnt put any weight on eating this much food. i was in the same boat as your 2 1/2 months ago. first of all 2 weeks isnt very long. it took me atleast 3 weeks before i noticed anything. 2- are you doing much cardio to burn it off? 3 if you want to gain weight get on GOMAD gallon of milk a day (full fat) then you'll put on some pounds TRUST ME
Old 29th October 2009, 16:28   #31
camTcar
Frequent Poster

Car(s): mk1 vts and ltd edition corsa
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
camTcar is on a distinguished road

holland barrets supps are cheap for a reason, im on a weight gainer atm bsn true mass cookies and cream, but think ill give the weight gainers a knock on the head as im getting kidney pains
camTcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 18:08   #32
admad
Frequent Poster

[QUOTE=Riko360;3799191]
Quote:
Originally Posted by admad View Post

mate there is no way you wouldnt put any weight on eating this much food. i was in the same boat as your 2 1/2 months ago. first of all 2 weeks isnt very long. it took me atleast 3 weeks before i noticed anything. 2- are you doing much cardio to burn it off? 3 if you want to gain weight get on GOMAD gallon of milk a day (full fat) then you'll put on some pounds TRUST ME
no i do no cardio i just weight train, my job keeps me pretty active thats about it exercise wise. im happy with the way things are going i have changed my diet now as that much food was some days starting to build up so much id wake up feeling like i had eaten a roast or something im on less food now but going to try out some gainers just not sure which to try as they all have diffenrent calorie amounts
Old 29th October 2009, 18:25   #33
camTcar
Frequent Poster

Car(s): mk1 vts and ltd edition corsa
camTcar is on a distinguished road

ive been training 7 months i was putting a lb s week on until last month, and now im finding it hard, but change is whats needed
camTcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 18:37   #34
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v VTR + Nitrous
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
DusheR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by camTcar View Post
ive been training 7 months i was putting a lb s week on until last month, and now im finding it hard, but change is whats needed
Exactly, the more muscle you have the higher your metobolic rate is. Get the food into you.
Old 31st October 2009, 21:44   #35
jus_tin
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk 1 VTR
jus_tin has a spectacular aura aboutjus_tin has a spectacular aura about

ive also been struggling with adding bulk. been going to the gym now for 4 months and my weight hasnt changed even though my diet has. been stuck on 76.2 kgs since i started and i am slowly building muscle (though my chest doesnt seem to be doing much), but think im losing body fat... from memory when i started gym it was 23% (im 6ft 1). then a week ago i went onto the myprotein weight gainer, taking 3 shakes a day so i have: breakfast / mid morning shake / lunch / shake - [gym] - tea / shake. i weighed myself friday and was at 77.kgs! chuffed, seems to be working for me. i couldnt physically eat anymore food so opted for the shakes and glad i did.
jus_tin is offline   Reply With Quote