Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 18th March 2010, 13:58   #1
BenMc
Regular Poster

Car(s): Citroen saxo vtr MK2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
BenMc is on a distinguished road
Default help????

alright basically im 19 year old and around 5ft 7/8 i currently weigh around 11 stone ...

i used to do alot of kickboxing and my fitness was very high but i was really skinny which wasnt good(N) that was in 2007 but i havent really done anything since then i want to start the gym to bulk up a bit but also cut in .. i dont want to be massive but i want something there if you get me haha
then hopefully get back into kickboxing

i can go to the gym probally about 3 times a week

can anyone tell me a decent programme for building a bit and getting more defined??? including foods i should eat if nessecery and also if i should take suppliments?

i dont want any work on my legs as they have kinda built a fair bit just from the kickboxing and mma ive done, also im already enrolled as a gym member

thanks in advance!
BenMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 14:21   #2
Leooo
Regular Poster

Car(s): Audi a3 3.2 v6 Quattro
Leooo is on a distinguished road

Hi mate, few tips that are just how I think about it all, you don't have to listen.

First of all, bulk and cut at the same time is like trying to wank with your left hand, it never works out right and it always takes longer. Focus on "beefing" up a bit first, then when you have a bit of size, look at how you can cut a bit without losing it all and going back to square one.

If you are going 3 times a week, do a 3 day split. 2/3 body parts per sesh. Somebody on here can write you up something to start with, I can't be arsed.

As for food, just google "high protein foods" - start eating more, but better too... tuna, chicken, bananas, nuts, eggs etc etc etc. Eat clean, eat alot, lift heavy, you WILL bulk up.

Oh and TRAIN YOUR LEGS. No matter how strong and big you think they are, make sure you train them. It is important for building your "upstairs" too... weird but true. So many people neglect training legs.
Leooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 15:01   #3
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

Shoulders, Back - 1
Biceps, Chest - 2
Legs, Triceps - 3

Chicken, Turkey, Fish, Tuna, Eggs, Nuts, Porridge.

East 5-6 small meals daily, eat as soon as you get up.

Get some protein shake to replace 2-3 meals.
Old 18th March 2010, 15:13   #4
BenMc
Regular Poster

sweet cheers!
Old 18th March 2010, 16:53   #5
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vtr
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gordi will become famous soon enough

Workout 1

Deadlift 4x6reps
Barbell Row 4x6reps
Dumbell Row 4x6reps
Wide Grip Pullups 4x6reps
Close Grip Chinups 4x6reps
Barbell Curls 4x6reps
Preacher Curls 4x6reps
ABS

Cardio – 20mins Rowing Machine
10mins Cross Trainer

Workout 2

Incline Chest Press 4x6reps
Flat Chest Press 4x6reps
Dumbbell Fly’s 4x6reps
Shoulder Press 4x6reps
Lateral Raise 4x6reps
Triceps Pull downs 4x6reps
Triceps Dips 4x6reps
ABS

Workout 3

Barbell Squats 4x6reps
Leg Press 4x6reps
Calf Raises 4x6reps
Leg Curl 4x6reps
Weighted Crunches 3x12reps
Hanging Leg Raises 3x12reps
Barbell Roll Out 3x12reps

Cardio – 10mins Bike
20mins Bag Work
Old 18th March 2010, 19:46   #6
Eldridge
Frequent Poster
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): mk1 vanitien red flatarch!
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Eldridge is on a distinguished road

drink a shit load of milk!! lol very high in good quality protein! concentrate on the bigger muscles if you want to gain weight, chest, shoulders, lats, and dont forget that the recovery period is the most important part in bulking up! eat loads of quality food and sleep allot! at least 8 hours a night. and if you do decide on supplements keep a shake by the bed set an alarm for the middle of the night down the shake and go back to sleep! easy way of fitting an extra meal in! as for the weight training you should find your one rep max for all the different exercises you plan on doing whatever they may be and try and do sets of 8 reps at 80% of that one rep max with rests of 60 to 90 seconds between sets!

good luck!
Old 18th March 2010, 20:49   #7
wisey999
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo VTS
wisey999 is on a distinguished road

Tabata training is the one!!!! 20 seconds intense work, 10 seconds rest, rinse and repeat 8 times for big results

Work compound muscles mainly (chest, back and legs)

2 protein shakes a day (whey protein straight after a session) and get on some creatine as well (it holds water in the muscles so makes you look bigger) only downside to creatine is that you shouldnt drink alcohol while using it!!

DONT NEGLET YOUR LEGS!!!!
after a big leg workout the body releases a high amount of testosterone which increases muscle gain and also makes you want to go back to the gym the day after!!

SLEEP at least 8 hours a night

PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN (eggs, chicken, fish, nuts, peanut butter)
wisey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 23:27   #8
BenMc
Regular Poster

hmmm bit of mixed info here i dont know what some of those excersises are i really am basic on this stuff can anyone kinda write a program out with decription of excersises etc will be greatly apricated thanks!
Old 20th March 2010, 23:40   #9
BenMc
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admad View Post

pics of me on a bulk (have been since december)weighing 11st 10lb on empty stomach this morning
not much bodyfat but have gained some, my abs were really defined before. I'm still not happy with my size gonna aim for another stone before the cut.
comments etc welcome
just been looking on the pics section i wanna kinda build similar to this guy maybe a bit smaller in the arms but then more defined a bit too how would i achieve this??