Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 20th May 2010, 20:36   #1
AJ_SAXO
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Mk4 Golf 2.0l GTi
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
AJ_SAXO will become famous soon enough
Default Losing the belly fat for summer???

Hey guys, right i thought i will scrap the idea of a bulk as its getting too close to summer now and want to tone up for it. Im not too bad at the moment but just need to shift the belly fat... I know its not quick and easy to do this but want your opinions on best methods, diets etc...

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusheR View Post
Dont drink and dial, you miss your pocket when you try and put it back
AJ_SAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 21:35   #2
Crunkers
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): 53 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!

Drop your carb levels dramatically, keep the protein high, don't have carbs after 6pm.

Personally i think you've left it pretty late to begin a cut
Crunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 21:37   #3
Junaid
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.4 furio Now Saxo 1.6 VTR
Junaid is on a distinguished road

same problem im skinny but got a bit of a belly which im losing,any one know best way to get ride
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 22:30   #4
Fordy_87
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk2 Vtr & mk1 Tb'd Vts
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Fordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunkers View Post
Drop your carb levels dramatically, keep the protein high, don't have carbs after 6pm.

Personally i think you've left it pretty late to begin a cut
What sort of things can i eat which arnt loaded with carbs???, for instance i eat alot of tuna and chicken but eat it in a sandwich or pasta and wouldnt mind trying it with something else.

OZ Super T's / Eibach 50mm / Pipercross Viper / Janspeed manifold / Straight through centre pipe /
Magnex 3.5" backbox / Mk1 rears / Delocked / Alpine HU / 107.3Bhp at Flywheel
Fordy_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 09:13   #5
Dizzy
Frequent Poster

Car(s): A4 2.0 TFSI Sline
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

Ketosis carb cycling.

Zero carb and fat intake, just lean protein (chicken and turkey basically) eaten 6-8 times a day with shit loads of water drank. Do this for 7 days, train every day for those 7 days too no matter how ill or close to death you feel, then have a 3 day 'carb up' where you are allowed to eat carbs and you dont train for 3 days. cycle this untill you have your desired physique.

I wont lie, its not healthy at all and when your body goes into ketosis you will feel like you need to curl up and die, but its how bodybuilders get so ripped up for a contest. It is THE fastest way to loose weight though, no questions asked!
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy For This Useful Post:
Old 21st May 2010, 09:24   #6
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Ketosis carb cycling.

Zero carb and fat intake, just lean protein (chicken and turkey basically) eaten 6-8 times a day with shit loads of water drank. Do this for 7 days, train every day for those 7 days too no matter how ill or close to death you feel, then have a 3 day 'carb up' where you are allowed to eat carbs and you dont train for 3 days. cycle this untill you have your desired physique.

I wont lie, its not healthy at all and when your body goes into ketosis you will feel like you need to curl up and die, but its how bodybuilders get so ripped up for a contest. It is THE fastest way to loose weight though, no questions asked!
Worth mentioning that this is NOT a good idea for diabetic people? Can be quite dangerous can't it? Danger of keacidosis or something like that I think. Basically need to cut any sugar from your diet as well don't you? So no drinks like tea/coffee/coke etc?
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 14:55   #7
scot-ish
Established Member

Car(s): Audi S5, Corsa, Defender 90 CSW
scot-ish is on a distinguished road

if you dont want to do ketosis mate, just as youve said yourself, cut the bread, cut the pasta, have the tuna or chicken with some veg.

im doing a fat burn now, dropped just under 2kg in the last week, training 5 days a week, cant do ketosis, due to being on a ship, but when i get off, i will prob try cycle something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I've seen pics of him and he's like Ayres Rock with tattoos.

Last edited by scot-ish; 21st May 2010 at 15:11.
scot-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 15:06   #8
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Join weight watchers and teach yourself to eat a proper portion and healthy/ tasty food. The G/F is loosing 2lb a week and its safe and healthy. I have to eat the same food and its involuntarily trimmed me up.
Combine with cardio exercise and you will shift the bulge.
Dont diet - its not good for you.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 21:15   #9
Saxo_theedge
Established Member

Saxo_theedge is on a distinguished road

You've left it abit late to loose it for summer, just watch your diet cut out the crap and hammer the cardio, cycling/running, walk more dont use the car when you dont need too etc, simple stuff works best as a diet is never long term. Might be at the loss of some muscle mass,but id rather sacrfice abit of muslce mass to loose a belly, see alot of meat heads at the gym with big arms and shoulders, then a fat belly just looks shit imo.
Saxo_theedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 02:10   #10
brainbug
Regular Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR 1.6 8v (51 Plate)
brainbug is on a distinguished road

wont ephedrin help to cut up quicker, as well as eating the right foods?
brainbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 02:42   #11
deans2k8
Established Member

Car(s): Vectra 2.0t
deans2k8 is on a distinguished road

im on a diet at the minute of fruit,veg white meat and fish and plenty of water even though it is with dilute orange/black current.. i just dont like plain water lol
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:04   #12
AJ_SAXO
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Mk4 Golf 2.0l GTi
AJ_SAXO will become famous soon enough

cheers guys for the responses, yes i agree i may have left it a bit late to cut but im just gunna have to try my best i suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusheR View Post
Dont drink and dial, you miss your pocket when you try and put it back
AJ_SAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:37   #13
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_SAXO View Post
cheers guys for the responses, yes i agree i may have left it a bit late to cut but im just gunna have to try my best i suppose
Ketosis would sort you out mate, and it doesn't cut into your muscle mass I don't think. Would sort you out for summer, just don't go too extreme with it.
Old 24th May 2010, 14:49   #14
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

this ketosis sounds gd, just it make u drop alot of muscle mass tho?

ive been bulking since starting gym and dont fancy losing the muscle again lol, tho i want to drop my belly abit tho this method seems extreme, anything else to cut the belly down? like certain cardio techniques or anything?
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 18:57   #15
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v VTR + Nitrous
DusheR is on a distinguished road

Keto diets are a bit extreme. Id personally research it for a good couple of weeks aswell, its not simple. As said, cut carbs, do AM fasted cardio. People swear by it. Only light cardio like 30mins walking.
Old 25th May 2010, 08:02   #16
welshy23
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): e36 318is! boom.
welshy23 is on a distinguished road

Just got running! every night about 3 miles. And then every alternate night or whenever you want try some mild distant sprinting. 2-3 weeks and you will honestly notice the diff.
welshy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:30   #17
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0t13 View Post
this ketosis sounds gd, just it make u drop alot of muscle mass tho?

ive been bulking since starting gym and dont fancy losing the muscle again lol, tho i want to drop my belly abit tho this method seems extreme, anything else to cut the belly down? like certain cardio techniques or anything?
You can't cut a specific area, you just lose fat, where it comes off is anyones guess. Ketosis doesn't affect your muscle mass iirc, just eats fat reserves.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:40   #18
Caino
Established Member

Car(s): Polo 6N2 1.0. VTR mk2. Polo 6N2 GTI.
Caino is on a distinguished road

phet diet
Caino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 13:41   #19
Dave89
Established Member
Ireland Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDI, VW Golf GT TDI ,Rover 214
Dave89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_E30 View Post
Worth mentioning that this is NOT a good idea for diabetic people? Can be quite dangerous can't it? Danger of keacidosis or something like that I think. Basically need to cut any sugar from your diet as well don't you? So no drinks like tea/coffee/coke etc?
This is a good regime but like said you need to be prepared for the side affects that come with it which aren't pleasant at all.
For those seven days training you consume no carbs or fat, like said earlier on lean protein food chicken, turkey etc.

It's kinda similar to carbo loading which has the same side affects, I personally wouldn't recommend it as for carbo loading (not sure about ketosis) is generally undertaken by people with a high level of fitness
Dave89 is offline   Reply With Quote