Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 12th January 2011, 14:40   #1
adamm
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central Counties Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
adamm has a spectacular aura aboutadamm has a spectacular aura about
Default ache alot

hey right i dont do weight or anything and dont go gym but i thought this place was best to ask.
basicly i do labour work and i do work very hard. now quite often i get achey especially after the weekend on a monday or as iv been of over christmas and iv been back to work for a few days im killing. the places i seem to get it the worst are my forearms the muscles hurt even to pres my finger on them and also my wrists are hurting. my legs hurt on the top of my thighs and behind the knees. i dont really know the names of muscles etc so sorry for the crap info but i just wanted to know is there anything i can do to stop this? iv tried stretching before work but when the day is over and iv sat down for ten mins etc i stiffen up still.
any help or info would be greatly appreciated thankyou.
adamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 17:02   #2
AdamDougal
Established Member

Car(s): 2002 Quicksilver
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
AdamDougal is on a distinguished road

I dno how correct or wrong i am but its what i would try if i where you :-
- cold shower/bath after work to ease the musscles then have a proper shower or what now lol,
- also i know its daft but try some shower gel with the little bits in, my doctor told me that this is good as my legs hurt alot etc,
I trye that link fever shower gel n it ki da worked, kinda like numbed it?
Daft i know but anything is worth a try
AdamDougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 17:19   #3
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Giraffe is on a distinguished road

You're probably working hard enough to tear your muscle, even if only slightly... Don't know how you could avoid that? I used to do the odd bit of labour work and I remember carrying fire doors up and down stairs, my forearms absolutely killed me for ages afterwards. Stretching before AND after might help a little bit, but if you actually tear the muscle slightly then it probably won't do much good... maybe you should slow the pace down if you can?
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 17:57   #4
adamm
Saxperience Forum Bum

cheers adam i tend to have a cool shower after work though il try a shower gel worth a shot

and dave it could be that but its the same on both sides eg both left and right arm in the same place. i would like to slow the pace down but unfortuantly my boss likes his money lol.
its thing like lifting a breaker pack that weighs 50-100kg on my own that doesnt help
my back is also fucked which was caused by carrying 100s of six inch blocks 100s of stone up a steep hill ever since its not been the same and hurts to stand up alot i odnt think my body is cut out for my job

Last edited by adamm; 12th January 2011 at 18:01.
Old 12th January 2011, 17:59   #5
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamm View Post
cheers adam i tend to have a cool shower after work though il try a shower gel worth a shot

and dave it could be that but its the same on both sides eg both left and right arm in the same place. i would like to slow the pace down but unfortuantly my boss likes his money lol
I take it you use both your arms though and not just the one? You will be using the same muscles. Honestly don't know what else it could be... tried googling?
Old 12th January 2011, 18:08   #6
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Alfa Romeo GT
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
makaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant future

Quote:
my back is also fucked which was caused by carrying 100s of six inch blocks 100s of stone up a steep hill ever since its not been the same and hurts to stand up alot i odnt think my body is cut out for my job
Not worth hurting your back for a job, That will haunt you when your older.
makaveli144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 18:12   #7
adamm
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_E30 View Post
I take it you use both your arms though and not just the one? You will be using the same muscles. Honestly don't know what else it could be... tried googling?
yeah i do use both arms so i guess you are right
i have searched google and if its pulled muscles im in trouble really as it sais to rest but when i rest and go back they seem to hurt again i also cant have that much time of as i need the money.
i suppose best thing to do really is to warm up in the mornings just wasnt sure if there was perhaps sometihng out there to help the pain i have tried deep heat ibulieve etc doesnt really work any oral type of muscle relief out there?

im not exactly big but i do alot of heavy work and can almost be doing constant heavy lifting for a good few hours so i guess it would be easy for me to pull a muscle but i have been doing it for 4 years now dont seem to get bigger

Last edited by adamm; 12th January 2011 at 18:20.
Old 12th January 2011, 18:14   #8
adamm
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli144 View Post
Not worth hurting your back for a job, That will haunt you when your older.
yeah i know but tbh my back has always had problems ever since i started 4 years ago. i think it was caused from taking way to big of a jump whilst sledging once and the top of my ass took one hell of a smack i was in agony for days that must of been over ten years ago now though.

i would also like to say i did (recently stopped) smoke weed. it seemed to help when i was stoned but any ideas if it has an adverse effect on the muscles to cause it?

Last edited by adamm; 12th January 2011 at 18:23.
Old 12th January 2011, 20:00   #9
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamm View Post
yeah i know but tbh my back has always had problems ever since i started 4 years ago. i think it was caused from taking way to big of a jump whilst sledging once and the top of my ass took one hell of a smack i was in agony for days that must of been over ten years ago now though.

i would also like to say i did (recently stopped) smoke weed. it seemed to help when i was stoned but any ideas if it has an adverse effect on the muscles to cause it?
Cannabis does work as pain relief.

You might be doing something more serious than pulling your muscles mate, I suggest you find a new job... Your body can only take/do so much, and pushing it past its limit every day won't help. Sounds like you're on a one way road to doing yourself some serious damage.
Old 12th January 2011, 20:02   #10
adamm
Saxperience Forum Bum

i think your right mate that is pretty much the only option either that or give it ten years and my body is going to be shagged. wish it was as easy to do as it is to say it though.
Old 13th January 2011, 17:00   #11
BrianMc
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Wicked Red Saxo Furio
BrianMc is on a distinguished road

maybe get yourself onto some cod liver oil omega 3 you can get them in any health shops morrisons, if you are stiff afterward then i would definitely take 1 a day it really does help loosing things up i do landscaping mate so i need to do a fair bit of lifting as well and it helps me maybe actually do some proper exercises buddy a few push ups etc a day can benefit you in a lot of ways luckily i do go to the gym so lifting slabs etc isn't so bad lol good luck buddy
BrianMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 17:29   #12
adamm
Saxperience Forum Bum

lol okay mate i will try them cheers
Old 20th January 2011, 23:18   #13
Dane1
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo MK1
Dane1 is on a distinguished road

go to your doctor and ask for Duac!!
I got it and it clears it up like FU** !! and fast!
Dane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 23:23   #14
gavmc88
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Wee Saxo 1.1
iTrader Score: 0 (50%)
gavmc88 is on a distinguished road

its thing like lifting a breaker pack that weighs 50-100kg on my own that doesnt help....

haha you mad bud id get shot of that job, no matter how much your boss likes his money. shouldnt have to lift the likes of that on your own mate
gavmc88 is offline   Reply With Quote