Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 28th May 2011, 12:08   #1
DanGT
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): TVR cerbera, Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
DanGT is on a distinguished road
Default Master cylinder, bias problem

Hi all,

My rear calipers seem to stick on. Just wanted to rule out the master cylinder as a possile cause (or specifically my pipe work).

I have routed one line from the MC, through the car, to the bias valve then T'd off the each rear wheel. Same with the front then T'd to each front wheel. I have blanked off both of the rear (closest to the servo) ports and am just using the front ones (nearest the end). Is this correct?

By my reckoning, it has 2 circuits, one for each front and a rear, but I am unsure which way round it works. I did have it using the front right (as you look at it) and the left rear. They seemed to stick on more like this. I still think its the bias valve, as when I increased brake pressure (to shift braking to the front) they rear stuck on more, then if I took off pressure, they released a bit.

Cheers for any help.
Dan
DanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 22:09   #2
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

easy to tell if it is pressure problem
pimp the brake with engine running --take foot off pedal --turn wheel ,if stuck on open bleed nipple ,if fluid squirts out then its a fluid problem
.I would also suggest you try fronts as well --if fluid squirts out ,then uoi probably have the cross shaft linkage too tight and m/c is not returning fully
Old 29th May 2011, 11:56   #3
DanGT
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): TVR cerbera, Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
DanGT is on a distinguished road

Cheers mate, have checked the brake reaction bar thingy and there is a touch of play in it so it should release fully. Will double check that though. Had the whole system apart yesterday and they are no kinks in pipes or anything. Rear pads are glazed up a treat. When I cracked the bleed nipples off at the track, a bit of fluid spurted out when the bias valve was wound in after I pumped the brakes. Can't remember if i had the engine on though. Doh! I did notice that the pads returned if the bias valve was unwound, even with the engine off.
DanGT is offline   Reply With Quote