Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Website Links...

Website Links... If you'd like to share a weblink, please post it within this forum.

Old 2nd April 2012, 12:36   #1
-V-T-R-
Regular Poster
South Wales Region Member

-V-T-R- is on a distinguished road
Default Surely this is illegal?

Was just going through ebay and came across this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saxo-VTR-M...item1c24f471b4

surely setting the mileage to whatever you want is illegal?

At the bottom is states "IT IS A MYTH THAT THE MILEAGE IS STORED IN THE ECU - IT IS STORED IN THE CLOCKS ONLY!" ... I thought it WAS stored in the ecu to stop people changing the mileage fraudulently?

Any thoughts?
-V-T-R- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:43   #2
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Well people change dials all the time dude because they break so i cant see how it would be?

Mot papers will say different if the miles been clocked back etc...
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:10   #3
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

It's perfectly acceptable to change the milage on any clocks for any legitimate reason. Say your clocks go duff and you buy some others that are way over or way under your car's milage.....
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:46   #4
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

on a 106/saxo mileage is stored only in the clocks.

It's also completely legal to fit a set showing any mileage you want. Mine currently show 3,400 miles as that's what my car has done since a full body/engine rebuild and I bought a brand new set of clocks

The only thing that wouldn't be legal would be trying to sell the car claiming the mileage was accurate when you'd had it adjusted to something else. That's a no-no. Simply having different mileage clocks is fine - as long as you tell the buyer
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:55   #5
-V-T-R-
Regular Poster

Thanks for clarifying this for me guys

Quick question: What happens if you decide to get new clocks and it has different mileage...is it an easy enough job to put the mileage on what your old clocks read and not that of the new clocks...or is this a relatively hard thing to do hence why people leave the mileage different?
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:14   #6
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -V-T-R- View Post
Thanks for clarifying this for me guys

Quick question: What happens if you decide to get new clocks and it has different mileage...is it an easy enough job to put the mileage on what your old clocks read and not that of the new clocks...or is this a relatively hard thing to do hence why people leave the mileage different?
easy if you know who to speak to. The saxo/106 clocks (digital version obviously) can be done by ryanmt on here. £30 or thereabout iirc.
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:34   #7
-V-T-R-
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossDagley View Post
easy if you know who to speak to. The saxo/106 clocks (digital version obviously) can be done by ryanmt on here. £30 or thereabout iirc.
oh right, so i'm assuming there's like some kind of software to do it which you can buy online...which in turn anwsers my question of being legal lol
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:37   #8
Rossp
Super Moderator

you can buy the tools required iirc, but it's not as easy as other digital clocks unfortunately, so (iirc) the hardware/software required runs to £thousands not £pounds.

Standard software for reprogramming cant cope with the early french crap we have.