Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 16th April 2014, 11:34   #1
CbVtR
Regular Poster
Central Counties Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR / Saxo VTS turbo
CbVtR is on a distinguished road
Default Vts turbo project map sensor question

I'm in the middle of turbo charging my vts,
does anybody know if I can get hold of a 2.5-3.0 bar map sensor that fits in the standard position in the 16v inlet plenum?

If not advice on the best one to use with a three plug predator?
CbVtR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 18:26   #2
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

I don't know any off hand and never used that ECU. But in the past I have left stock map sensor in and just use a pipe to feed an alternative sensor.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:10   #3
CbVtR
Regular Poster

Bit of a bump but I'm still looking for advice on this,

Anybody point me in the direction of what map sensor to buy for a turbo 16v turbo conversion?
The sensor that Is most common in coversions etc.
Old 4th June 2014, 10:22   #4
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

have you spoken to andy who makes the ecu? im sure I read on here ages ago that he can fit one inside the pred its self..?

EDIT - I even made a note on my computer.. 2.5bar map sensor he can spec but may only be single plug preds.. best to double check
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 10:28   #5
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

The 3-plug Predator can come with a *built-in* 2.5bar MAP sensor. this will allow boost readings up to 1.5bar (21psi), so you don't need to purchase on separately!

Hope that helps!
luthor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 10:32   #6
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

is it just the 3 plug andy? just so I can amend my notes.. and how much extra is it over a standard pred
Old 4th June 2014, 10:52   #7
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

No the single plug can have one too - normally I don't charge any difference when ordering, it more matters what the customer wants.

Believe it or not they are not an expensive part, but require a physical jumper alteration on the board to change the ecu from 'listening' to the stock sensor to listening to the onboard one - where fitted.

I guess I could standardise on fitting them as standard and activating, but then when people are bodies or non-turbo seems a bit of a waste of time
Old 4th June 2014, 13:55   #8
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

thanks for that andy, defiantly worth noting down and useful for future searches.

what map sensor do you use? or can you not say?
Old 4th June 2014, 14:36   #9
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

It wouldn't mean anything to you, it's a small surface mount Freescale component, it's not a 'brand' or anything like that, but they are quite reliable and accurate
Old 4th June 2014, 17:21   #10
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

has your website disappeared?
Old 24th July 2014, 19:42   #11
CbVtR
Regular Poster

Ok so I'm still looking for a map sensor to use with my turbo conversion, I've PM'd luthor1 a couple of times now but he hasn't replied, maybe he's busy with other projects or something.

Can any point me in the direction of a commonly used map sensor for boost conversions, some website links, or eBay links etc.
Just a bit worried about ordering a sensor and then realising it's not going to work properly with the predator ECU.
Old 24th July 2014, 20:51   #12
iSlayeR
Established Member

Car(s): Turbocharged vtr
iSlayeR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CbVtR View Post
Ok so I'm still looking for a map sensor to use with my turbo conversion, I've PM'd luthor1 a couple of times now but he hasn't replied, maybe he's busy with other projects or something.

Can any point me in the direction of a commonly used map sensor for boost conversions, some website links, or eBay links etc.
Just a bit worried about ordering a sensor and then realising it's not going to work properly with the predator ECU.
I believe he's on holiday at the moment ^^
iSlayeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 20:53   #13
CbVtR
Regular Poster

Oh ok, cheers for that, I'll give him a couple of weeks and try him again.
Old 24th July 2014, 22:35   #14
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121354502036

Reliable, lowish cost, and good for 400bhp.

That'll see you right.
Old 25th July 2014, 00:40   #15
Duffy Xsi
L-plater

Duffy Xsi is on a distinguished road

Does that sensor fit I. Place of previous one or how is it fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy Xsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 11:53   #16
Gareth_R
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen AX VTS
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gareth_R is on a distinguished road

just mount it someone and run a vac pipe from the inlet to the fitting on it. Then wire it in.