Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Closed Thread

Old 23rd February 2007, 01:50   #161
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_saxo View Post
my 2 pence worth on your 'cons'

Matt - why you need some 'tidy crisp fronts' if your 7x10s are so good?

well done baz you have owned him

dont think he knows what hes talking about

Old 23rd February 2007, 08:46   #162
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

Heres a good one for you.

Go to any electrical shop you want today and look at home stereo systems. How many speakers are the sold with. I bet the answers is two! There is a reason for this. Music is recoreded in stereo thats got two channels!

If Quez thinks his speakers everywhere system sounds better then a rainbow and genesis system I reckon it must have been setup by a deaf and blind man or just simple idiot!

Heres a chalange to all the oval speaker loving brigade. If oval speakers are so good find me a recording studio anywhere in the world that uses them as monitors! I am so confident that you wont find one that for each one you do find, I will donate £10 to a registered Cancer charity.

You wont find one!

Round is the optimum speaker shape!

As for speakers in the rear it just drags the sound stage back and ruins the sound.

Simple one is next time you go to any event thats got a PA system. Look at eveyone there where will they all be facing? I bet its towards the stage where the speakers are not with there backs towards it! This is because the human ear recives sound best from the front. Go look i na mirror. Look at the shape of your ears there cupped towards the front to help recive sound!

This threads really starting to piss me off. Theres people posting shit in here that dont have much of a clue about Audio in general and know even less about car audio.

I have been in to car audio for 11 years now. In this time I have visted car shows all over europe and listend to some show winning cars (including European top class SQ non dealer sound off winner). I myself have run a show spec system. If you aint got a clue dont say fuck all. This I have got X Y and Z and it sounds the bollox mate what are you compairing it to? Have you actully listened to a decent system?

You dont need to spend a lot of money to create a good sounding system. I have put together a decent sounding system for less then £100 before! Using 2nd hand gear.

Thats the cd/mp3 headunit, front components, 2 amps and a sub! This just proves you can do a decent system without breaking the bank. The way I see it is its best to get the best value for money you can when your going to spend it. I have seen and heard systems that have spent silly money spent on them that have sounded piss poor cause they have gone for poor products and/or had a poor install.

Rememember its your car you doing the system for. Why say I want the passengers to ahve some sound in the back.
1) how much money have they spent on your system?
2) How often is there actully someone sat in the back of your car? If its a lot of the time I suggest you find some mates that can be arsed to get off there arses and get there own car!
3) Why deterate the quaility of the sound that your hear in YOUR car?

There are a lot of people on this forum who genuinely do know about ICE and hand out good quaility advise. Its not hard to work out whos who!

My simple advise is dont waste money on rear speakers for your car! You really dont need them! This show season when your at shows have a look at, talk to the owners and listen to some quailty sounding systems. You will soon work out whats sounds the best. Just ignore the idiot cruse bregade who just think the more you can ram in your boot and parcel shelf the better. As these systems just sound shite!

Rant over for now!

Last edited by DaveWard; 23rd February 2007 at 08:50.
Old 23rd February 2007, 08:57   #163
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
well done baz you have owned him

dont think he knows what hes talking about

more chance of him secretly owning 6x9's - why get insulting just because I like a certain speaker?
Old 23rd February 2007, 09:01   #164
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_saxo View Post
my 2 pence worth on your 'cons'

Matt - why you need some 'tidy crisp fronts' if your 7x10s are so good?

To provide some front fill. They are not to replace the 7x10's - no stigma in having 4 speakers in a car, many car manufacturers provide us with this.
Old 23rd February 2007, 09:02   #165
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

RS_Matt you and speakers and forums dont go to well do they?
Old 23rd February 2007, 09:19   #166
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

I think this is as far as it can go really.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Closed Thread