Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Closed Thread

Old 6th December 2007, 10:07   #61
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Toad do you have a rollcage?
Just that carbon when damaged tends to shatter. In an accident if the roof deforms it could cause the carbon panel to break into shards, Personally I would rather have a carbon/kevlar composite as this holds together when damaged - thats what the BTCC cars use and thats why the bodywork seems to rip and flap around after their comings together..
It tends to be a little cheaper too so see what streamline can offer
Old 6th December 2007, 10:38   #62
vtr130
Established Member

iTrader Score: -2 (0%)
vtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud of

Nice products Bic

See you down santa pod next year!!
Old 6th December 2007, 11:04   #63
Hughey
Regular Poster

Car(s): Two Tone VTR
Hughey is a splendid one to beholdHughey is a splendid one to beholdHughey is a splendid one to beholdHughey is a splendid one to beholdHughey is a splendid one to beholdHughey is a splendid one to beholdHughey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozza_vtr View Post
I think the prices for the door cards are as follows.

2x2 twill, E glass backed, autoclave cured = £495.00

2x2 twill or plain weave, E glass backed, wet lay up = £299.00

For the extravagant, full carbon weave throughout, no E glass content = Approx £795.00
cheers mate, might need to save some pennies. They look spot on!
Old 6th December 2007, 12:03   #64
Lozza_vtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf Mk4 1.8T
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughey View Post
cheers mate, might need to save some pennies. They look spot on!
They do look really nice don't they. Might have to invest in some myself.
Old 6th December 2007, 13:13   #65
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
Toad do you have a rollcage?
Just that carbon when damaged tends to shatter. In an accident if the roof deforms it could cause the carbon panel to break into shards, Personally I would rather have a carbon/kevlar composite as this holds together when damaged - thats what the BTCC cars use and thats why the bodywork seems to rip and flap around after their comings together..
It tends to be a little cheaper too so see what streamline can offer
Great stuff. Thanks for the tip Kam! I haven't got a rollcage, mainly due to still having a sunroof in. The cup cage I would like to get cannot fit with the sunroof still in place. So once I get the sunroof out, I can get the cage in.

Bic, what do you think of Kam's suggestions about carbon/kevlar composite?

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Old 6th December 2007, 18:03   #66
Bicston
Regular Poster

Car(s): Peugeot 106 . . . Honda Civic Type R 30th Annive
Bicston is just really niceBicston is just really niceBicston is just really niceBicston is just really nice

Amendment to product list:

Also available, the 'Trackday' interior trim kit (Flat carbon sheets) also available in Wet Lay method carbon fibre:

Full kit, 2x2 Twill or plain weave carbon = £179.00

4 x door cards only (no additional trim peices) = £125.00

Pictures of both finishes will be available next week once trimmed etc.

Toad - yes not a problem, you can have basically any material combination you want, mervyn has kevlar in stock in the freezer at the minute, lol.

All these products are available in any finish, gel coat fibreglass, carbon weaves and kevlar weaves and all sorts of mixes of them all.

Thanks

Bic
Old 6th December 2007, 18:29   #67
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Where's your location Bic? What Sat will suit you best? Cheers.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 6th December 2007, 19:29   #68
Bicston
Regular Poster

Bicston is just really niceBicston is just really niceBicston is just really niceBicston is just really nice

Toad - Well if you wanted to meet with mervyn next saturday, I will check with him, I don't need to be there but will try to be if i can.

i am over there again next week sorting through all the bonnet moulds he has and part built products, such as 106 and saxo bonnet skins but need bonding to the braced inner frame etc, so there is plenty more to come, not just for the french either, he even has 4 Nissan Almera bonnets and the mould ffs, lol

Does next Saturday sound ok ?

Thanks

Bic
Old 6th December 2007, 19:37   #69
Bicston
Regular Poster

Some more pictures of the additional tirm panels that complete the Trackday Interior trim kit guys.

106 glovebox panel

106 stereo head unit blanking panel

106 heater control pnael replacement trim

Rear quarter trims (these are templates only, poor quality and unpolished)

All of these parts are available immediately and i also have my own second hand peices for sale along with full flocked dashboard and associated parts, lease PM or email for further details etc should you be interested.

Thanks

Bic
Old 6th December 2007, 19:41   #70
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

This Sat coming (8th) would be fine Bic, or are you refering to the following Sat? Either way, should be OK. What's your workplace's address so I can see what sort of journey it's going to be?

As you do a lot of bonnet stuff, you could possibly help me with something else while I'm there if you wouldn't mind? I've got a fibreglass bonnet that I need to fit... But as it's so delicate, I need to bonnet pin it in all 4 corners, not just the front. I will remove the original hinges... I don't know how up to the job I am doing it myself. I was hoping someone with some experience with my perticular car might be able to help...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 6th December 2007, 19:55   #71
Bicston
Regular Poster

Toad - next Saturday as in the 15th Dec, Streamline are based in Croughton mate, about 2-3 miles off the M40 junction 10.

Mervyn would be happy to fit your bonnet for you if you have the pins and locating parts required and should he need to use any material to fit the panel he has plenty of different goodies at the workshop. Take the bonnet with you and he can size it up and price it for you.

Thanks

Bic
Old 6th December 2007, 20:02   #72
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Excellent Bic! The 15th will be fine.

With regard to the bonnet... I was assuming the parts which attach in the engine bay area may need welding or something? But yeah, I'll stick in the boot when I come up.

Do I need to speak to Merv before heading up? What's the postcode of Streamline mate, I'll whack it in the satnav.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 6th December 2007, 20:12   #73
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

I'm interested in 16v cam covers with a coilpack cover too. a 3pc set instead of one big cover.
Old 6th December 2007, 20:31   #74
Bicston
Regular Poster

Toad - i will get you the postcode not a problem, and no no welding needed, maybe some small bespoke brackets, we may be able to convince you to mount if OE style as it can sometimes be a pain mounting it in 4 corners, from a security and practicality point of view.

Alex - Something I have always wanted to invest in but i could only afford investing in the 2 coilpack covers and wing mirror covers to date, along with the risk involved in items not selling etc. Yes the cam covers (later spec would be better too) can be done, as always, 5 people would be required to make it happen, if interest was shown, I would then get the product priced up and go from there then see if the interest is still there.

Toad - the door pillar covers are very thin carbon and with a small amount of bond or a thin layer of 3m double sided sticky sheet, they look fine when on the car, I can get some pictures of them on the car certainly, to give a better idea, things look so different when off and on the car for sure.
Old 6th December 2007, 20:50   #75
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

I'm deffo interested, I'm sure there are a few more 16v owners who would be interested too
Old 6th December 2007, 21:50   #76
Bicston
Regular Poster

Alex - See who else you can find interest from, doesnt take long to find 5 people tbh who want the same, cambelt covers would also be nice

Some more pictures, mainly Saxo parts too

Last edited by Bicston; 6th December 2007 at 21:56.
Old 6th December 2007, 21:53   #77
Bicston
Regular Poster

Old 6th December 2007, 23:55   #78
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

OK, I'll wait to hear from you next then... Cheers.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 7th December 2007, 08:43   #79
thadogg
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Impreza Sti PPP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
thadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant future

Damn wish I still had a saxo/106, them parts look immense!
Old 7th December 2007, 08:55   #80
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

mk1 bad boy bonnet? how much are rear brows?
Closed Thread