Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 28th July 2008, 22:20   #41
tazz
Infrequent Poster

tazz is on a distinguished road

as i was going to spend abt £100 on two subs isnt the pioneer 307dv2 any good as it is rated at 400 rms ?
tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 22:20   #42
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
oh my god to many to choose from now looll thinkin of the spl SPL Dynamics V250D4 or the JBL GTO1214 both are £50 each which would be better to buy overall?
imo the spl 250D4

its 10" so tighter bass than the 12" subs.. im also a fan of spl, and will have a couple of the higher spec models wired up soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 22:20   #43
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
oh my god to many to choose from now looll thinkin of the spl SPL Dynamics V250D4 or the JBL GTO1214 both are £50 each which would be better to buy overall?
I would go for the JBL mate! They have a proven track record and will pla anything you throw at them for years and years! Buy JBL, buy once!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 22:21   #44
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
as i was going to spend abt £100 on two subs isnt the pioneer 307dv2 any good as it is rated at 400 rms ?
ive got 1

i cant wait to get my spl

enough said...
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 28th July 2008, 22:22   #45
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
I would go for the JBL mate! They have a proven track record and will pla anything you throw at them for years and years! Buy JBL, buy once!
jbl kiss ass tbh, lolz
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:24   #46
tazz
Infrequent Poster

lool ok forget abt the pioneer lol wid the spl or the jbl subs will the wireing be the same as recommened to buy before.
Old 28th July 2008, 22:28   #47
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
lool ok forget abt the pioneer lol wid the spl or the jbl subs will the wireing be the same as recommened to buy before.
the spl in the link i suggested was dual4ohm

so 2 of them would be wired to 4ohm..

the gto1201 would give it a nice healty 700wrms at 4ohms

not sure what the impedance of the jbls are

either way it wont be hard to wire

idealy at those power outputs with the 1201 you only want them to be wired up at 4ohms, this will also put less strain on your cars electrics!
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:29   #48
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Save up and buy 2 of these ftw! Haha!

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8910.html

Nah, i would go for 2 of those JBL's mate! They will show a 2 ohm load, which will get the most from the 1201.1 amp and they are gonna wang!

Also, dont forget to include the sub box in the budget! About £60-£70 should cover it if you buy one, or £10 if you make it yourself!

4cuft tuned to 33hz ftw!
Old 28th July 2008, 22:31   #49
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Save up and buy 2 of these ftw! Haha!

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8910.html

Nah, i would go for 2 of those JBL's mate! They will show a 2 ohm load, which will get the most from the 1201.1 amp and they are gonna wang!
lol at the re15 *rushes off to the little boys room for a "play"* lol

arent the jbl subs a low rms?

if so wouldnt it be best to have them show a 4ohm load so the gto amp doesnt kill them
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:33   #50
tazz
Infrequent Poster

got the comps and tha amp 4 that sorted now not 100% sure abt the subs but will think abit about it. very temptinggggg this http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8910.html lool
Old 28th July 2008, 22:34   #51
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
lol at the re15 *rushes off to the little boys room for a "play"* lol

arent the jbl subs a low rms?

if so wouldnt it be best to have them show a 4ohm load so the gto amp doesnt kill them
The JBL's are rated @ 350rms, so 500rms into each will be fine. In fact, you couldnt ask for a better match tbh!

Also worth noting is the fact that the JBL is a more efficient driver.
Old 28th July 2008, 22:34   #52
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
got the comps and tha amp 4 that sorted now not 100% sure abt the subs but will think abit about it. very temptinggggg this http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8910.html lool
link didnt work

what comps and amp you getting?

links please lol
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:37   #53
tazz
Infrequent Poster

these look the best Hertz 130 comps (£70)
JBL 75.2, 2 channel amp (£60)
Old 28th July 2008, 22:37   #54
tazz
Infrequent Poster

however i cant find the amp for £60 its abt 75 ish
Old 28th July 2008, 22:38   #55
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
however i cant find the amp for £60 its abt 75 ish
sounds like a good set up

the amp gives 65wrms at 4ohms?

that will be enough to power the comps at optimum watts
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:42   #56
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-75-2-2-CHA...3286.m20.l1116

And its 100rms x 2 @ 4 ohms! Powerfull little thing!
Old 28th July 2008, 22:43   #57
tazz
Infrequent Poster

wouldnt that amp give 97 watts RMS x 2 channel at 4 ohms
Old 28th July 2008, 22:43   #58
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
wouldnt that amp give 97 watts RMS x 2 channel at 4 ohms
Yes! Very good power for the money!
Old 28th July 2008, 22:47   #59
tazz
Infrequent Poster

thanks alot guys will be hopefully ordering all this 2morow and try n decide on the subs lol jus wanted to know what alarm system would be best to get as it would be best to install this first thanks
Old 28th July 2008, 23:00   #60
CSVTR
Regular Poster

Car(s): '01 1.8T Audi S3
CSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team member

If you'd be willing to spend an extra £15 you could get the GTO504 over the 75.2, it would give you another 40w a side to your components, if I had your budget or there abouts i'd be looking at this system...

Sub' Amplifer: JBL GTO1201.1 £150

Subwoofers: SPL Dynamics V250D2 (Dual 2 Version) £50 Each

Comp' Amplifier: JBL GTO504 £90

Components: SPL Dynamics SD-5.2s £70

Run the 1201 at 2ohm, so a little over 550w into each sub and bridge the 504 to run the components, that should give each side roughly 140w.

Of course if the subs are too expensive then the 2 x JBL GT4s would be a good substitute.

. Protect your ICE! - Join... ICE Register.
. . For ICE advice visit the Talk Audio Forums.
CSVTR is offline   Reply With Quote