Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 15th December 2008, 00:43   #21
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
Fan is a no no for me personally.

What was it you used for the BG mate? You still shooting a wedding this christmas?

nope afraid not mate, they took ages to make a decision and by that point I wasn't sure what was going on in my life (kind of the crossroads between job, dole or education) which meant I couldn't commit to a date to shooting...

+ I bottled it

BG was a chunk of cotton from a fabric store could do with a much much bigger bit but the width was a problem and it needed something wider as well as longer
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 00:47   #22
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
nope afraid not mate, they took ages to make a decision and by that point I wasn't sure what was going on in my life (kind of the crossroads between job, dole or education) which meant I couldn't commit to a date to shooting...

+ I bottled it

BG was a chunk of cotton from a fabric store could do with a much much bigger bit but the width was a problem and it needed something wider as well as longer
I think you would of done an awesome shoot mate. I dont think you had to be worried about anything.

But it is down to you and if you was unsure then im sure that it was probably for the best.
What are wanting to do life wise? You going to do much with photography? I would really like to get in to it as a hobby and a bit of money on the side really but want to practice with someone. But as said need to sort the flat out first as everything is manic at the moment.
What is it your are buying for easter?
Old 15th December 2008, 00:52   #23
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I think you would of done an awesome shoot mate. I dont think you had to be worried about anything.

But it is down to you and if you was unsure then im sure that it was probably for the best.
What are wanting to do life wise? You going to do much with photography? I would really like to get in to it as a hobby and a bit of money on the side really but want to practice with someone. But as said need to sort the flat out first as everything is manic at the moment.
What is it your are buying for easter?
naaa I dunno man, probably would've cocked things up to be fair.

lifewise? don't want to work properly that's for sure and no need either really. so I'm back in G'town doing a PhD now... I'm happy with money I earn from photography at the moment (can't wait for my tax bill wooooo ), pays for my gear, hell it even earnt me a car as well... but I'm limited by time really and, if I'm honest, talent to really really go places with the ol' photography. It's a nice little earner without the pressure.

And yep it was the 85L I was using for the shoot

What's this about a house? nice one! (although I think you're on crack buying now), things going ok?
Old 15th December 2008, 00:54   #24
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
naaa I dunno man, probably would've cocked things up to be fair.

lifewise? don't want to work properly that's for sure and no need either really. so I'm back in G'town doing a PhD now... I'm happy with money I earn from photography at the moment (can't wait for my tax bill wooooo ), pays for my gear, hell it even earnt me a car as well... but I'm limited by time really and, if I'm honest, talent to really really go places with the ol' photography. It's a nice little earner without the pressure.

And yep it was the 85L I was using for the shoot

What's this about a house? nice one! (although I think you're on crack buying now), things going ok?
What sort of things do you do? and do you charge clients?

Now your back down this way we can meet up mate.

85L mmmm (dribbles)
Old 15th December 2008, 01:06   #25
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
What sort of things do you do? and do you charge clients?

Now your back down this way we can meet up mate.

85L mmmm (dribbles)
Nightclub is my regular pay, can't be arsed with Harpers and I don't think Harpers can be arsed with me lol although the lighting was absolutely brill to work with. Took a pay hit with working at the union, although I've setup a meeting in early january to 'negotiate' pay (basically going to swangle them out of more dosh), but on the flipside I'm totally off my face when I'm working in there so effectively I get paid to get pissed and have a good time

It's cool too because I'm met z-list celebs like
Vernon Kay, Tim Westwood, Chappers&Dave, Dave Benson Phillips, Outhere Brothers, DJ Casper, Mini Me from Austin Powers and countless others I can't remember lol

Yep do other stuff as well... was booked for a Naked Ski Calender thingy for the uni ski society but that was pulled although rescheduled for next semester. Some company want me to fly out somewhere to take pics of the weekend springbreak thingy (£££'s + Pissedness wooo) although it's early days on that but I'll get a deposit off them before fuckers decide to bail on me again.

Graduation ball, next year I'm booked for.

A band want me to do some live as well as promo shizzle (waiting on good weather)

ermmmmm

Portraiture, I think 3-4 at the uni want something doing, 2 seem to think I'll do it for free though just trying to get over the hurdle of 'free' shoots which everyone seems to have in their head, although it's not too annoying.

Car shoots, couple are interested - new toy in easter will help market me a little more

So all in all... It's going pretty well lol
Old 15th December 2008, 01:30   #26
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Nightclub is my regular pay, can't be arsed with Harpers and I don't think Harpers can be arsed with me lol although the lighting was absolutely brill to work with. Took a pay hit with working at the union, although I've setup a meeting in early january to 'negotiate' pay (basically going to swangle them out of more dosh), but on the flipside I'm totally off my face when I'm working in there so effectively I get paid to get pissed and have a good time

It's cool too because I'm met z-list celebs like
Vernon Kay, Tim Westwood, Chappers&Dave, Dave Benson Phillips, Outhere Brothers, DJ Casper, Mini Me from Austin Powers and countless others I can't remember lol

Yep do other stuff as well... was booked for a Naked Ski Calender thingy for the uni ski society but that was pulled although rescheduled for next semester. Some company want me to fly out somewhere to take pics of the weekend springbreak thingy (£££'s + Pissedness wooo) although it's early days on that but I'll get a deposit off them before fuckers decide to bail on me again.

Graduation ball, next year I'm booked for.

A band want me to do some live as well as promo shizzle (waiting on good weather)

ermmmmm

Portraiture, I think 3-4 at the uni want something doing, 2 seem to think I'll do it for free though just trying to get over the hurdle of 'free' shoots which everyone seems to have in their head, although it's not too annoying.

Car shoots, couple are interested - new toy in easter will help market me a little more

So all in all... It's going pretty well lol
Sounds like you have it sussed, wish i could be like you mate. Just got too much going on at the minute and working alot so = no time not even to see the missus.

Whats this new toy? Portable studio lights or power pack??

If you ever need a hand next year or wouldnt mind a tag along then give moi a shout, im more than happy to come along for ze practice yar.

Just trying to find some extra cash at the minute to help ease fee's really so am working shit loads of hours although i dont get much for it so it is pretty pointless and im wearing myself out.
Old 15th December 2008, 01:41   #27
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

hang in there man winter is always a bit of a shitter to be honest. It's sounds like a lot more is going on than it really is to be honest And yep would be cool to meet up at some point (will have to be after new year now though!).

New toy will be an SM8

Spread the word mate, just practice once you're happy get word of mouth on the go, don't try charging a fortune just enough to make it worth your time... and remember why you got into photography, for the fun and hobby not as a money spinner

hope it works out ok though man
Old 15th December 2008, 10:09   #28
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Yer definatly meet up after the new year mate.

Once things have settled down ill do some stuff for some mates and there gf as couples and or head shots as some practice as i havent done much for a while. Then ill spread the word at work and ask friends to ask there friends etc.

Ideally i want another flash and another umbrella so i have the portability aswell so i can do a few car shoots. I think one flash is a bit limiting really. If you hear of any bargains in the new year give me a shout and ill see if i can afford it.

Im guessing the SM8 is something to do with a flash? I did a google and found nothing.

Last edited by mattchewone; 15th December 2008 at 10:32.
mattchewone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 10:17   #29
Kelly
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VW Polo Mk5 6N2, Peugeot 106
Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!

I didn't think you were ignoring me Ads
Old 15th December 2008, 13:47   #30
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

gayer going 5d mkII then
Old 15th December 2008, 13:52   #31
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
gayer going 5d mkII then

naaa, blew my 5dmkII money on getting the VTS. I have this credit card with interest free for 12 months (although I got it in May - so it finishes in May so no point in using it now gonna attempt to get another one with the interest free bit and go on a fooooking mad one )

EDIT: Matty, Checked the pic on my iMac and it's fine (again)... your screen must be out by a royal mile!
Old 15th December 2008, 14:05   #32
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

lol, current finanical enviroment is making me wait for new kit, seeing if price drops or second hand bargains are to arrise.

Still crymyself to sleep over the 500F4
Old 15th December 2008, 14:11   #33
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
lol, current finanical enviroment is making me wait for new kit, seeing if price drops or second hand bargains are to arrise.

Still crymyself to sleep over the 500F4
seriously mate the 600f4 would have made your balls explode... I felt like the king holding a MkIII with that fucker bolted on the end.

Just had a quick check... 5D's still going for £700+ 2nd hand

stuff that.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:21   #34
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

shit still holding value.

AYE someone was selling a 600mm but forgot to tell me I wanted it and had cash at the time for it lol!!!

Really need a big prime for sports now.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:39   #35
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

yeah that's put a pisser on my day... fancy a FF but don't feel the mkII is a good investment tbh, nor do I fancy paying £700 for a 2nd hand 5D argh.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:43   #36
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

I dont like the way even 'pro' slrs are full of shit thats not any use.

HD video mode for example. just a waste of ££
Old 15th December 2008, 14:46   #37
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
I dont like the way even 'pro' slrs are full of shit thats not any use.

HD video mode for example. just a waste of ££
Quote:
HD VIDEOOOOO YEAAAAAA BUY THE 5DMKII
I'll buy a camcorder cheers...

any more toys on the horizon? bought any gadgets recent? lost about 10 stofens since we last caught up expecting a delivery tomorrow with any luck...
Old 15th December 2008, 14:49   #38
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

haha what makes you think i now have no stofens left

I dont like using them now anyway, prefer the bounce card on the 580 and the raw flash its more into the rash style i shoot.

no new tog toys atm, cant justify it as i need a new body or a big ass prime. Not worth the investment atm. Moneys going into the vtr etc..
Old 15th December 2008, 14:52   #39
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

fair enoughski!
Old 15th December 2008, 14:54   #40
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
fair enoughski!
get more pleasure out of it anyway atm!

might have some very tasty news on it