Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 13th January 2009, 16:41   #1
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!
Default Is my 9855R Knackered?

I installed the Alpine 9855R headunit in my car about two weeks ago, but sometime now when I go press a button the screen goes off and then comes back on a few minutes later.

It's quite annoying as when screen goes off, I can't see to press any buttons. Is it connection related? Do they need cleaning?

Cheers,

Luke
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 16:48   #2
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

No not at all. its a setting. You have to press and hold a button i think it maybe the function button. As its a bright face they made it so it can be turned off then you touch the screen and it comes back on then goes off again. I had one and had the same problem. Nothing to panic about.
Old 13th January 2009, 16:52   #3
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah, I was messing with that last night as the glare did my head in, but then I held it for a while for it to come back on and it wouldn't come back.

Sometimes it does it even if I just touch the screen, it goes off.
Old 13th January 2009, 17:21   #4
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

its defo a setting.
Old 13th January 2009, 17:23   #5
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevesy_vtr View Post
its defo a setting.
Even if I just gently touch the screen, then it keeps like flashing on and off a couple of times? Doesn't seem right to me, been out to car twice today and has been okay both times - so fingers crossed.
Old 13th January 2009, 17:53   #6
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

the face may not have been on 100% or the flexy strip is on its way out but this is a cheap fix.
Old 13th January 2009, 19:31   #7
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Okay, cheers mate.

Was all okay coming home tonight, so fingers crossed.