Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 17th March 2009, 22:00   #41
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

spend the £450 on a tamron 70-200mm 2.8

like is said if you get that 40d with that piece of shit 17-85 you will be soo fucked off with youself
Old 17th March 2009, 22:01   #42
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
Thats body only Ryan.

It would be this one - http://www.pcworld.co.uk:80/martprd/...&category_oid=

Minus what i paid for mine which i think was roughly £460-£480 i think. Somethink like that.

Yer i know there isnt much wrong or anything wrong just was something that i thought about thats all.
brads allready said the lens that you would get isnt the best for £££ though.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:02   #43
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Don, i shoot a most stuff outside when im out with friends etc so i'd need something thats fairly wide and has a reasonable zoom.

I sometimes do portraits although since christmas and moving ive not really done a lot.

Also im not exchanging with a normal company im refunding it where i bought it. So im getting back what i paid for which i wont get any where else.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:03   #44
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Matt do it then, as you seem to me that you are going to no matter what everyone has said about getting better glass.

I just dont see the point in spending more money which could be immediately put on glass.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:05   #45
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Im doing the exchange at work, which is why/how im getting so much money. I cannot do it and get the cash the only way is to upgrade. So if i dont want to upgrade then i cant have any money.

Which is why if i dont end up doing it i wont be spending any cash until the end of the year or something.

I understand that its not the best £££ i wasnt expecting it to be the best you can buy as its a kit lens. But it would probably be a good alrounder for me as i like something that has range and is wide. It will also be better than the current 18-55mm kit lens i have.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:05   #46
don55
Established Member

don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

the best thing you can do, if you want to upgrade and can take you 400d back for a full refund is do that, take it back, then get a 30d for £300, i know of one for sale at that price. then get a tamron 17-50mm, if all you are shooting is general stuff oustide and a little portrait its a perfect lens, its 2.8 so nice and fast, has a good zoom range and is a big heavy, well made slab of galss, so it feels a good upgrade from your 18-55mm plastic thingy lol
Old 17th March 2009, 22:07   #47
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Ryan, im not 100% going to do it, im just trying to explain that i thought about doing it as its a reasonably good deal. Its not as if im walking in to a normal shop and getting cash for it so i could go and but a 30D or something and then buy Glass.

Its if i go for it, i either get the 40D or keep the camera.

Basically if i dont upgrade i wont be spending any money until my cards are paid off.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:08   #48
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

surely spending any ££££ at the moment isnt the best advice though matt, especially with how you are being raped on the car front. £3-400 isnt a small amount by any means.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:11   #49
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
surely spending any ££££ at the moment isnt the best advice though matt, especially with how you are being raped on the car front.
Not much i can do with that at the minute. Im trying to just leave it for now and get on with life for 6months or so, then i can think about a loan to pay it off with so i have cheaper re-payments.

Back on subject. - i cant exchange camera for cash.

So i either keep the camera and have no money, or i swap and upgrade. They are the two options on the table at the moment. Ignoring the car finance problem. (thanks)
Old 17th March 2009, 22:16   #50
don55
Established Member

if you are having trouble paying for a car a new camera should be the last thing on your mind.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:16   #51
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

surely if you have no cash upgrading should be a no no (also say 12 months down the line the 50d will be cheaper)
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 22:17   #52
don55
Established Member

jsut explain why you cant refund it ?
Old 17th March 2009, 22:19   #53
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

The 50D may be cheaper but i'd be paying full whack for it, if that makes any sense.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:19   #54
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Its 18months old.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:22   #55
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
So i either keep the camera and have no money,
If you keep it and have no money how are you going to pay £300-400 for the upgrade? or am i missing something?
Old 17th March 2009, 22:22   #56
don55
Established Member

ok so how can you refund it for an exchange if its 18 months old
Old 17th March 2009, 22:23   #57
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

you break it?
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 22:25   #58
don55
Established Member

the simple fact is, and everyone will agree with me is that upgrading will in no way improve your pictures.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:25   #59
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If you keep it and have no money how are you going to pay £300-400 for the upgrade? or am i missing something?
Thats a secret lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by don55 View Post
ok so how can you refund it for an exchange if its 18 months old
This is also a secret.

PLEASE NOT - i am not having difficulties paying for my car! I can pay for it fine and have budgeted for it. I am just being raped on APR that is all!

Last edited by mattchewone; 17th March 2009 at 23:06.
mattchewone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 22:29   #60
don55
Established Member

im well confused