Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 17th March 2009, 21:21   #21
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

im acting like a child? i was jsut stating my view on some pictures, i wasnt being nasty or critical, i was purely saying i found the background a little distracting.

why you had to make such a big deal about my initial comment i just dont know.
Old 17th March 2009, 21:23   #22
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by don55 View Post
im acting like a child? i was jsut stating my view on some pictures, i wasnt being nasty or critical, i was purely saying i found the background a little distracting.

why you had to make such a big deal about my initial comment i just dont know.
Your the one getting stressy brad not me. I meerly explained to you why when shooting in a sporting arena its not a case of finding the best background and shooting there, like you would if you were setting up a shoot for a portfolio of a sportsman. YOU clearly didnt like the fact I explained why this isnt possible and then get in a huff over it.
Old 17th March 2009, 21:26   #23
don55
Established Member

don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
its a football game though brad, what do you expect? a white freshly pressed sheet in the background?

you were the one that started getting all sarcy about it.

im fed up with voicing an opinion, which is why these people post here, to ask what people think, then getting shot down by "know it all ryan"
Old 17th March 2009, 21:28   #24
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by don55 View Post
you were the one that started getting all sarcy about it.

im fed up with voicing an opinion, which is why these people post here, to ask what people think, then getting shot down by "know it all ryan"
People ask for constructive critisim, eg how to help them take a better photo.

'it does nothing for me'

nuff said'
Old 17th March 2009, 21:29   #25
don55
Established Member

i have no idea what your on about but what ever.

i jsut know where i stand now, so cheers i guess.

and jay, im sorry if i offended you or you pictures, and also sorry for arguing in your thread.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:42   #26
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

brad, I do agree with what you are saying and I will look through the rest of my pics to see if I have any with decent backgrounds but realistically I can't see it being possible at a Sunday league game. There was actually two other pitches next to this pitch aswel. Next time I go I will try and consider it for a half and see how I get on. Problem I have is that the sun is behind one of the goals so ned to avoid shooting that way.
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 23:01   #27
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

ladies ladies...

Jayster... some of those are quality... nice and sharp and nice capture of the action. What lens were you using?
not sure if you were doing it anyway but make use of the Custom Function VI for any sports shots where you require AI Servo. i.e. taking the AF off the half press of the shutter and using the * button instead.

Two reason... one you're spliting the AF and AE (Auto exposure) function off a single button and secondly, if your using the shutter button to AF you actually lock your AE at the same time, it's fine if you shooting there and then. But if you're tracking a subject first and say they move to an area lighter or darker than when you first half pressed the shutter button you get an over/under exposed image as a result.

top banana.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 23:11   #28
don55
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
brad, I do agree with what you are saying and I will look through the rest of my pics to see if I have any with decent backgrounds but realistically I can't see it being possible at a Sunday league game. There was actually two other pitches next to this pitch aswel. Next time I go I will try and consider it for a half and see how I get on. Problem I have is that the sun is behind one of the goals so ned to avoid shooting that way.
yer dont shoot into the sun lol

like i say ive never been to sunday football, now i understand that it might be hard to get a good background, i was mearly pointing out a observation to the picture, as the picture is all i have to go on.

but as i also said and so did ads, the images are mostly crispy, well focused and well composed, and most importantly you have captured the action, so to speak.
Old 17th March 2009, 23:11   #29
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

your old sigma sayer

I will let the dog loose in the garden tomorrow and have a play
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote