Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 6th January 2010, 16:59   #1
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Seat Leon
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!
Default Soooo slow

Had live since boxing day, first week was fine connecting to lobbies on MW2, each week its been taking longer to find matches and just tried to go on now and its taking sooo long to find a match i've given up on it for a bit.. what's going on?
MrHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 17:00   #2
davidandrews5343
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Newage WRX
davidandrews5343 will become famous soon enough

ive got no issue with it, what Internet connection speed you got?
Old 6th January 2010, 18:15   #3
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

I am not playing MW2 but 1943 and Borderland are both working fine for me. Do you have any computers or other item using the internet at the same time? As depending how you have it all setup this can some time kill your bandwidth. P2P can be a really big killer if you have that running on a PC.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 18:29   #4
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!

Nope nothing running, laptop is just idling but that's usual. It's fine when i eventually get into a match when it comes to end of game etc but its just finding one to start with
Old 6th January 2010, 18:37   #5
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

whos your internet provider?
Old 6th January 2010, 18:59   #6
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

What rank are you and what game modes are you trying to play?

WM2 uses a matchmaking system and if you don't match the criteria for active games you simply won't get one.
Old 6th January 2010, 19:10   #7
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Rank 25 and team deathmatch, ground war.. tried a few but was the same on all. And it does that searching for match thing at the top... but with 81,000 people playing team deathmatch at the time it was searching i would have thought it would be easy..
Old 6th January 2010, 19:34   #8
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

im with BT and i had the same problem, on the left (before selecting game mode) its says NAT ..... : OPEN or STRICT : if it says strict you need to turn off you modem (it says 10sec) and then reboot your modem. that should fix it.
Old 7th January 2010, 11:26   #9
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

The NAT settings need adjusting if it says strict. I had to open certain ports in my modem settings to get MW2 to work
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 12:00   #10
Jo3fish
Established Member

Car(s): 03 EP3
Jo3fish is on a distinguished road

Like cam said, depending on what router you are using, its more thank likely due to your NAT (network address translation)setting being set to "strict".

What you have to do is adjust some of the settings on your router, by browsing to it's ip address in your browser (IE, Firefox etc.)

Most routers have an web-based administrative interface that's located at "http://192.168.0.1". (This address does depend on your model. Consult your router user guide for more info.) or alternativly go to this website which has all the information on each router you could possibly think of, and provides a guide for each on what ports to open, just confirm the make/model of your router and click on the link for it on the website, and follow the steps

Once you have done this, HOPEFULLY it should have cured your connection problems!

Let me know if the problem persists.

Joe
Old 7th January 2010, 19:04   #11
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

That website is just baffling and I dont have a user guide handy for my hub. This is redichulous... why would it suddenyl stop working grrr its doing it again now

But about an hour later on when i tried again on live last night it worked fine

Old 8th January 2010, 14:26   #12
DynamoXreme
Infrequent Poster

DynamoXreme is on a distinguished road

www.speedtest.net

Post up your results, might help.
DynamoXreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 22:10   #13
MrAdaam
Infrequent Poster

MrAdaam is on a distinguished road

What router are you using? I can help with a homehub mate. Sort mine out alot, unfortunately.

Need to get it into a DMZ if you are handy with your settings on the router. Thats what i've done and it lets me go host a fair bit now.
MrAdaam is offline   Reply With Quote