Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 16th February 2010, 15:40   #1
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!
Default Quick Dj shoot

Had an emergency shoot for a deadline of today/wed last night, so last min thing lol!

Single strobe, with octabox as light. Bit annoyed 'The gallery' UV box hasnt got the punch I wanted, in a rushed session i couldnt get the glowing aswell as decent light on the subject (maybe JJ might have an idea with PPing for that one?? )

Hopefully be shooting a few more bits on location now the lighting set ups working now

Rather annoyingly the only shot of a set from this is one from setting up which is a touch soft, djs staying serious for more than 30seconds = impossible lol

Last edited by Ryan; 16th February 2010 at 16:00.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 16:34   #2
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

nice shots mate, is this better for the glow. (although as its low res it doesnt like being pushed as much)

the way i did it was to make a selection (on this pic i just drew around the front face of the box and the reflection of the glow). with the selection still highlighted create a curves layer mask

than on the curves move the RGB curve down (see black line) and the Red curve up (see red line)

Then with the mask selected go filter > blur . Gausian blur and blur as much as required to remove the harsh edge of the original selection (i used about 60) as its a mask if there are parts of the glow you need to remove then just paint it out using the brush or eraser tool

hope that helps buddy

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 17:40   #3
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

cheers dude, i used magnetic tool for a selection and tried just pushing the saturation along but it looked ffing cack.

Shooting lighting a person and trying to keep a UV looking good is bloody hard work lol!

Shame the deadline has gone and the TIFFs sent, but at least you have managed to help out with what I needed, ill try it on the hires and see what I can come out with.

Edit : bit of a quick rough one so not perfect but deffo got more glow in the box now. I really need a dedicated system for PP work, not the craptop lol!

Last edited by Ryan; 16th February 2010 at 18:21.
Old 17th February 2010, 02:40   #4
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Right got a bit bored so have had another quick play on the whole image, yes its scrappy as fook, magic lasso isnt accurate on my laptop lol. But will spend more time on it if i decide to edit it properly for portfolio etc..

So original file.

and with curve adjustment to remove some of the highlight gained from the light position, and then to try and give the uv light box a bit more of a kick.

This one probably worked a bit better, tweeking green and blue not just the red.

Given me a much more realistic colour to that of what it actually is in real life

Last edited by Ryan; 17th February 2010 at 02:59.
Old 19th February 2010, 01:26   #5
PSPDan
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
PSPDan is on a distinguished road

They look much better. Nice one

Not sure if the second one is "glowy" enough though.

Edit:

By that I mean I don't get the feeling of light coming from the letters, they look more like plastic tubes.
PSPDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 02:03   #6
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

yeah I agree about the last load of tubes, dont want to push it to much as just playing with it.

The one thing thats really annoying me is the condesation/damage to the purspex case which is really showing up in the other pic. Its a fooker lol

Edit: a bit better perhaps, or pushed to far so it looks fake?

Last edited by Ryan; 19th February 2010 at 02:17.
Old 19th February 2010, 10:57   #7
PSPDan
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
PSPDan is on a distinguished road

Looks a lot better in my opinion.
PSPDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 11:49   #8
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

yeah looks much better buddy, good bye doner kehab shop, hello funky neon dj coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 19:38   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

lol james.

Thanks again for the help though, now im doing more location based stuff for different clients thats not involving pics of people fucked off their faces I really need to do alot of research into PPing.. Think its time to buy a book as the magazine tutorials often seem to be HDRing a fucking landcape lol