Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 23rd February 2010, 22:42   #1
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Seat Leon
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!
Default Desktop pc..bigger budget

Wanting a PC so I can get back into PC gaming as the Xbox just doesn't compare to it at all

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/182592
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-1665.aspx

They any good for gaming? Which is better out of the 2 I posted above? Know anywhere else that has cheap but good enough for gaming pc's?

Merci
MrHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:59   #2
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

both terrible as have intergrated graphics!

have a look at scan.co.uk, or overclockers.co.uk i think they may have some cheapish game pcs.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:07   #3
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!

This? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...-239-OK&tool=5

Also as long as they will play some games i'm happy - i dont need super pc's so will those 2 I posted be no good at all?
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:28   #4
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

no i wouldnt go for that either.

for any type of gaming, excluding old games, say 6+ years old you will want a seperate graphics card, not intergrated.

for example:-

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=1445&subcat=

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=1444&subcat=

I know they are nearly 200 pounds over the few you have posted, but if you want to play games at an enjoyable frame rate.

EDIT:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...&category_oid=

this would play some games okay, but i would be tempted to go for the overclocker systems, if you want a gaming pc get an okay system atleast or the game wont be enjoyable, trust me from experience!

Last edited by haz_pro; 23rd February 2010 at 23:31.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:47   #5
parello9
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): S2 106 Rallye 16v
parello9 is on a distinguished road

i rememba the old days on the pc wid cod NEW MAPS LIKE EVERYDAY!!
parello9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:57   #6
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

I just want to get back to CSS, played it for 4 years on my old pc and that was a basic 512mb pc bought in about 2005 and it ran all my games fine, even upto COD4
Old 24th February 2010, 00:39   #7
releaf
L-plater

Car(s): Furio
releaf is on a distinguished road

The PC's you have posted wont be able to play games as mensioned that there in no graphics card, but you could just buy a £50 card and plug it in and be able to play basic games as CounterStrike hardly uses any graphic card space unlike newer games like Crysis ETC.
releaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 00:43   #8
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

CSS will run fine on what would be considered a very slow CPU with next to no RAM by today's standards. But still the integrated graphics on many of today's computers can be problematic. I would recommend any stand alone ATI or NVIDIA GFX card that is fully DirectX 9 compliant with GFX dedicated memory as a minimum. Like releaf says these don't cost much these days.

Last edited by AXracing; 24th February 2010 at 00:46.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 10:07   #9
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

ahhh CSS, i used to be a big fan of that.

to be fair i can play CSS on my laptop which has dual core 2.1, and 2 gigs of ram with intergrated ram.

HOWEVER, it is not enjoyable on my laptop as the frame rate is so slow and laggy. For that reason i would still reccomend a PC with a seperate graphics card, or one of them cheaper computers and putting in your own graphics card with 512 mg, or 1gb which would set you back about 100 pounds for a basic 1gb or maybe 50 to 60 for a 512.
Old 24th February 2010, 10:12   #10
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Copied from the other thread asking this;

Ebuyer, dual/quad core, 4gb RAM, 500gb hard drive, obviously has the case and PSU.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176488 - £234

Shove a £100 graphics card in of your choice (don't just go for the biggest VRAM).

£334 total, done. Install XP/7 from whichever source you like .
Old 24th February 2010, 10:22   #11
dubby
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 1.1 saxo eastcoast
dubby is on a distinguished road

i can get you vista ultimate for £10
dubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:54   #12
SnaRe
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Posi Blue Furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
SnaRe is on a distinguished road

Acer Predator. :o Probably way too much than what you want to pay, and probably the most over-the-top PC spec. But:http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...wAg#ps-sellers

I play CS: S myself, would be nice to play with some Sax-p members
SnaRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 18:15   #13
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

If I raise my budget to £500 can anyone recomend me a decent tower?
Old 15th March 2010, 19:59   #14
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHouston View Post
If I raise my budget to £500 can anyone recomend me a decent tower?
Yes !

Dell have some amazing deals on atm...

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dells...303&s=bsd&fb=1

This is an amazing deal, buy a fairly decent graphic card separate £50-60, and your well within your budget

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dells...D005603a&s=dhs
Old 16th March 2010, 09:23   #15
alanrichie
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

alanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud ofalanrichie has much to be proud of

i play css also, im quite pro, in enemydown league y0

i have 2.8dual core and seperate gfx card (x1950 pro iirc), 2 gb ram and get 75fps constant on high
alanrichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 17:55   #16
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

ED isn't pr0