Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 3rd March 2010, 11:58   #1
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!
Question actually joined the gym so need some pointers

so i joined the gym

ive been reading up abit about what i need to do but just want some decent pointers

im 5ft8ish and weight about 10.5 stone, im after building up my upper body and toning abs

ive just recently bought peanut butter, rice pudding tuna to add to my diet and have started with the following

oats in morning
gym
tuna sandwich straight after
main meal (whatever is made)
rice pudding, peanut butter sandwich or bananananana, beans etc..
something before bed

im a student so spending loads of food isnt really possible and eating at the right time changes depending on each day,

ive been told true whey protein from myprotein will be good to order but was wondering what the differences with all the diff brands are like, i dont want expensive but dont want shit either and has to taste nice

so any ideas which protein i should get and how i can improve my diet

cheers
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:05   #2
chris_ph2
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2003 Ice Grey VTR
chris_ph2 is an unknown quantity at this point

protein powders vary in price due to advertising, packaging etc. what you really want is a standard whey protein. myprotein impact whey is ideal. has good contents and i know the choc smooth tastes nice. shakes are handy for a quick intake of calories/protein when you're unable to eat

try eating 5-6 meals a day (including 2-3 shakes)

you want to be eating lots of protein - lean meat, fish, poultry. carbs - rice pudding, porridge, brown bread, brown rice, pasta, vegetables

then get lifting!

2003 Ice Grey VTR: K&N Panel, Raceland 4-1, Decat, Supersprint/Piper Stainless, Superchip, Quickshift, Eibach 50mm, OZ SuperTs, T1Rs, OMP Brace, Smoked Lights, 118.9bhp
Progress topic: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129304
chris_ph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 14:18   #3
Riko360
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Polar white VTS Fixed for the 2nd time!
Riko360 is on a distinguished road

i got that stuff from my protein its good. blends alright too- then again ill eat/drink anything if its good for me.

you want ultimate tip... dont listen to other people in the gym. 90% of personal trainers dont know their ass from elbow.

im on this www.stronglifts.com and have put on 1st 3lb odd and i have had the past month off!
Old 4th March 2010, 15:10   #4
Leooo
Regular Poster

Car(s): Audi a3 3.2 v6 Quattro
Leooo is on a distinguished road

Eat Lots - Lift Heavy - Sleeeeeeeeep

Oh and forget that thing you said "building up my upper body" - You have to Build everything, legs too.

Also if you want to build up, but tone abs at the same time, this won't work. Build/Bulk up first. Leave abs till last, they are made in the kitchen anyway
Leooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 21:22   #5
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

so i shud just leave the abs alone? ive got a bit of jelly on the stomach area so dont wonna enhance it by bulking and not doing anything in that region?

atm im starting out doing 10mins on the cross-trainer to get going then moving onto the machines, one i feel working properlly is the assisted dip/pullup machine out of most of them.

did some wieghts tonite and felt them alot more than using the machines, are these better to use for building up as ive noticed all the big guys stay near them and hardly touch the machines..

cheers
Old 4th March 2010, 21:44   #6
welshy23
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): e36 318is! boom.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshy23 is on a distinguished road

i dont have the problem wiht legs, i can lift 95kg with my legs, and i got a big back from playing hockey what i need is abs, i got fuck all. The best product and i will swear by it is forgoodness shakes, they are awsume they cost a £1 taste amazing and really make a difference in the morning, 3-1 carb - protien ratio and just what u need. For food what i eat is simple mince and brown bread together, not only is it lush its fucking cheap. Hope that helps
welshy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 00:09   #7
Leooo
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0t13 View Post
so i shud just leave the abs alone? ive got a bit of jelly on the stomach area so dont wonna enhance it by bulking and not doing anything in that region?

atm im starting out doing 10mins on the cross-trainer to get going then moving onto the machines, one i feel working properlly is the assisted dip/pullup machine out of most of them.

did some wieghts tonite and felt them alot more than using the machines, are these better to use for building up as ive noticed all the big guys stay near them and hardly touch the machines..

cheers
Yeah, that's what I do mate and alot of people do. People who train often joke about saying bye bye to their abs when they start a bulk. Bulking will not effect your stomach fat, well, if you add fat it will be all over, but as you will be filling out with muscle it will look good, you will get bigger. Some people even prefer to have a bit of fat with the muscle as apose to being ripped.

As for weights over machines, I'm a big fan of this. I use free weights for almost everything. You will feel it more and benifit more from free weights because most machines are only really assisting you. So some muscles will go to sleep when using machines that would of otherwise been strenghened

Anyway this is just my advice, it's worked well for me by keeping it simple. Eat big lift big & sleep and you will be fine. Forget abs - When you start gaining and your back becomes wide, chest becomes cut, you won't give a shit about abs
Old 5th March 2010, 00:10   #8
Leooo
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshy23 View Post
i dont have the problem wiht legs, i can lift 95kg with my legs, and i got a big back from playing hockey what i need is abs, i got fuck all. The best product and i will swear by it is forgoodness shakes, they are awsume they cost a £1 taste amazing and really make a difference in the morning, 3-1 carb - protien ratio and just what u need. For food what i eat is simple mince and brown bread together, not only is it lush its fucking cheap. Hope that helps
Mince and brown bread??? Fair play to you mate. I eat some nasty shit but I might have to try that one. My best/worst thus far is 1 tin of beans, 2 tins of tuna fried in a pan, served with bread and water. lol
Old 5th March 2010, 19:00   #9
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

ordered some true whey protein from MP, and a shaker so that should b here next week, i ordered the strawberry one as a safe bet because i can imagine the others getting sickly
Old 6th March 2010, 18:00   #10
AJ_SAXO
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Mk4 Golf 2.0l GTi
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
AJ_SAXO will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0t13 View Post
so i joined the gym

ive been reading up abit about what i need to do but just want some decent pointers

im 5ft8ish and weight about 10.5 stone, im after building up my upper body and toning abs

ive just recently bought peanut butter, rice pudding tuna to add to my diet and have started with the following

oats in morning
gym
tuna sandwich straight after
main meal (whatever is made)
rice pudding, peanut butter sandwich or bananananana, beans etc..
something before bed

im a student so spending loads of food isnt really possible and eating at the right time changes depending on each day,

ive been told true whey protein from myprotein will be good to order but was wondering what the differences with all the diff brands are like, i dont want expensive but dont want shit either and has to taste nice

so any ideas which protein i should get and how i can improve my diet

cheers

I would eat food with more energy in if your going straight to the gym after breakfast as your going to burn muscle which is a no no!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusheR View Post
Dont drink and dial, you miss your pocket when you try and put it back
AJ_SAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 21:57   #11
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

i dont really tend to go gym that time, that was just a rough day layout, over the last week ive been going mid day - laterafternoon
Old 10th March 2010, 21:36   #12
welshy23
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): e36 318is! boom.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshy23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leooo View Post
Mince and brown bread??? Fair play to you mate. I eat some nasty shit but I might have to try that one. My best/worst thus far is 1 tin of beans, 2 tins of tuna fried in a pan, served with bread and water. lol
yeh mate, its amazing, especially if ur not to keen on veg, for my veg i just have like vitamin tablets... Yeh what u need is a sachet of like shepard pie sauces (powder stuff in the make your own sauces section) and then add water to that and pour it on the cookin mince and its ready when the mince is done. When i eat it i have a whole tub of the mince in a smallish packet, like say big ones is about £4 this is £1.50 -£2. And there is normally enough for the next morning if ur hungry or somthing. And i have brown over white becuase white has all those chemicals in it to make it last longer... not saying i would never eat it or its bad just when ur really going for it every little helps. Or if ur not a big mince fan, peanut butter and brown bread is another fav.
welshy23 is offline   Reply With Quote