Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 4th March 2010, 19:31   #1
wadoryu
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): suzuki swift 1.2 sz3
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
wadoryu is on a distinguished road
Default help please on running

ok so i'v got a good 4-5 months before i start my army training. my all round fitness is good but i'v never been able to run. i mean never. i can do my mile and a half in 13.51 on average. but when im really going for it i do about 12 mins. i knee'd to cut this to a 10.30 to have an exellent chance of getting in the army help please? on a regime or something

cheers for any advice
john
Old 4th March 2010, 19:43   #2
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Join the forum on arrse.co.uk, they give out cracking advice on everything Army, and will help ya with a regime (even if some of 'em are moody fcuks)

What do you weigh btw?

Try doing some fartlek training (interval sprints) and remember don't run too often, run every other day giving the body time to rest, because if you run flat out every night without proper rest, you might actually see your tine getting worse and worse, injuries.

Just out of interest, what you joining? Infantry?

Last edited by Ryyy; 4th March 2010 at 19:49.
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 20:36   #3
the_soon_to_be
L-plater

Car(s): 01 wicked red furio
the_soon_to_be is on a distinguished road

arrse is never very good for running advice, your just be told to pull your finger out by little scrotts.. join a running forum,

your best best is set yourself a run schedule, say monday go for 3 mile run with decent warm down and stretch,

wednesday go for 6-7 miles with decent warm up and stretch down,

then friday, have your 1.5 mile marked out, do a brief warm up round the block, stretch and run your bollox off for that 1.5 miles.. take note of the time, brief warm down, then jog the return 1.5 miles home.. repeat every week, but sometimes mix it up alittle, make your short sprint fast and hard

keep yourself hydrated, eat and sleep well and dont slack.. your never pass out if you arent prepared to put the effort in, dont leave it till you only have a few weeks before you leave..

at first week you really want to have your times 10.30 or less, get the effort in now so as not to get backtrooped

good luck and enjoy
the_soon_to_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 20:48   #4
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

I find arrse is half moany ex-soldiers wanting to have a go at you, and half really decent honest advice.

Tbh if he's wanting to go Infantry, the time needs to be cut alot shorter, obviously depending on which Rgt.

Like above said, make a schedule it becomes habit rather than effort because if I CBS running one night it means I have to run twice the next day lol, making me HAVE to do it.
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 21:05   #5
robfo

Car(s): Posi blue Furio
robfo is on a distinguished road

Check out prmc.co.uk

It's for potential Royal Marines but there's a lot of good info on there and (no offence intended whatsoever) the lads are trying to train to a higher level of fitness so following them a bit won't do you any harm
robfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 18:18   #6
wadoryu
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): suzuki swift 1.2 sz3
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
wadoryu is on a distinguished road

cheers for the info guys. im going for reme vehical mechanic as i see a few other guys are going for it aswell lol. may the best mad get in me