Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 15th December 2010, 21:16   #1
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!
Default Computer

Ok my laptop has a virus, so temporarily built up an old pc that was in pieces under my bed.

After a couple hours i've got the computer built up. The computer is pretty old.

The computer comes on, and starts up.

However the monitor isn't working and i can't get my head around it. I've tried a couple monitors (one i know works, and works on another computer in the house).

At first i thought its the graphics card, so i took that out and connected the monitor directly to the motherboard connection instead of the g.card one, but still the same.

The monitor powers up but gets no signal from the computer itself.

The computer powers up.

Only thing i've done is rebuilt all the parts up, connected them all together, added some fans with neons, and upgraded the ram from 512mb to 1gb.

Im puzzled.. I'm thinking maybe a fucked motherboard? But the computer used to work fine before it got dismantled and stored under the bed lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 21:21   #2
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

I'm starting to suspect the lead that connects the computer to the monitor?

Might sound strange and unexplainable but anyone else think it could be something to do with upgrading the ram?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 22:08   #3
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Could be the RAM mate, put the old ram back in and try it. Happened to me years ago.
Old 16th December 2010, 11:10   #4
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
Could be the RAM mate, put the old ram back in and try it. Happened to me years ago.
same try another ram stick, or make sure its pushed in properly, does it have a post check?

Is the graphics card if it has one installed correctly