Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 24th March 2014, 15:19   #321
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Focus ST & 206 GTI180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
Oh damn haha

im not on info anymore, any chance you could pass some details over for me?
Probably easier if you just re-sign up and search him for the time it takes mate.

http://206info.co.uk/Your_Account/profile=139.html - This is the Jamie I think you could be talking about, don't need to be signed in to view the profile.

Don't know for sure it's even the guy you're after mate, and there is only an option to pm him. He doesn't use the forums anymore either, well not that I've seen in at least a year.

ST
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 09:50   #322
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Progress made on the Brembos.

Started with a steam clean

Then took them out to my uncles bench wheel

These came out better than imagined, not metal polished yet they were corroded and rank... a night in cilit bang ftw

Next is to key up and smooth any inconsistencies on the calipers, then I'll remove the lines and get them ready for paint.

These brakes although look quite soiled, actually are in great nick, far better than my first set on my Saxo before paint. Seals, all bleed nipples in place, even the pads were basically brand new. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a recent refurb.

I also last night ordered a full set of Toyo T1Rs... I was going to get Good year eagle F1 assymentric 2's but the wait time I cannot wait. Plus they are nearly 130 more than I paid for the t1rs so... happy days.

IMO not much difference between the level of grip.

ST
Old 26th March 2014, 20:05   #323
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

After the faf I've had with my wheels I've decided to go and purchase some brand new direct fitment alloys again in 16"s.

They also are not black, which means the black theme is off. Might buy some black zunsports grilles still though.

ST
Old 27th March 2014, 09:06   #324
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Well this morning these arrived...

Full set of T1R's to go with my new alloys (hoping to take delivery tomorrow)

ST
Old 28th March 2014, 10:40   #325
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

For those that give a shit, new alloys.

16" Speedline Turini 2120 white brand spankers...

ST
Old 28th March 2014, 13:09   #326
Martijn_M
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 S2 Rallye
Martijn_M is on a distinguished road

Awesome! Should look good
Martijn_M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martijn_M For This Useful Post:
Old 28th March 2014, 16:03   #327
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Jamie the big spender you
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2014, 16:45   #328
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Althought they arent my favourite, Turinis are one of the best wheels out there. They suit pretty much any car
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2014, 18:05   #329
martin1985
Frequent Poster

Car(s): EP3 Type R
martin1985 is on a distinguished road

how's this still in the saxo build thread section! wheels look good mate!
martin1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 11:58   #330
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
Jamie the big spender you
Haha hey big spender!

I had to get shot of the team d's, they weren't perfect and after all that whooo harrr I thought they weren't worth the effort. Not to mention in my home town there are at least 4 other set's knocking about on other cars. Team d's are too common.

Turinis' are my all time favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
Althought they arent my favourite, Turinis are one of the best wheels out there. They suit pretty much any car
I agree bar the fact they're my all time fav ( : my most expensive set of wheels to date I believe. The Saxo should have had them as well but I was at uni lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin1985 View Post
how's this still in the saxo build thread section! wheels look good mate!
Thanks mate,

Well here is what the car is looking like unitl tonight or tomorrow when I get my fronts fitted.

Had to send a wheel back as it wasn't perfect and as this all including tyres cost me over a grand I expect perfection.

Mascots

Better SLR overall shots to come when the cars sitting on them completely lol. It's funny rocking black team d's on the front and the turinis at the rear!

Needs lowering and s wheels.

ST
Old 31st March 2014, 12:01   #331
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Looks really good!!

Not tempted to try out the Toyo R1R's over the T1R's?

Just put some on the evo and love them!

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 12:08   #332
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Looks really good!!

Not tempted to try out the Toyo R1R's over the T1R's?

Just put some on the evo and love them!
Thanks mate, I almost went for those as it goes but I have many things sitting around which need fitting at cost and I need 2 new wishbones since my car had it's mishap! It's the lower part one side sits flush and the other where the bush sits isn't tight, however even though I only recently replaced one side I will still do both at the same time and tracking again.

I think next time I will give them a go!

ST
Old 31st March 2014, 12:20   #333
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Thanks mate, I almost went for those as it goes but I have many things sitting around which need fitting at cost and I need 2 new wishbones since my car had it's mishap! It's the lower part one side sits flush and the other where the bush sits isn't tight, however even though I only recently replaced one side I will still do both at the same time and tracking again.

I think next time I will give them a go!
I wasn't going to give them a go initially as a few of the evo lads have had issues with them cracking when subjected to low temperatures etc.

As i'll need to replace mine after summer anyway due to wear it shouldn't be an issue now winter has gone, definitely something to consider if they'll be on for say a year though and subjected to a cold winter.

Got a set of T1R's at home to bang on after summer once I have killed the R1RS, still a fan of the T1RS on the evo... Awesome in the dry just don't last very long

Old 31st March 2014, 12:27   #334
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
I wasn't going to give them a go initially as a few of the evo lads have had issues with them cracking when subjected to low temperatures etc.

As i'll need to replace mine after summer anyway due to wear it shouldn't be an issue now winter has gone, definitely something to consider if they'll be on for say a year though and subjected to a cold winter.

Got a set of T1R's at home to bang on after summer once I have killed the R1RS, still a fan of the T1RS on the evo... Awesome in the dry just don't last very long
Hmm cracking isn't something that you want for sure, strange that's enough to put me off trying them, but as you say if you're going to replace them after the summer anyway you'll at least get an idea on how they perform and if the cracks will appear. Luckily it's warming up so you shouldn't have any issues if it's due to low temps.

That's the thing with T1r's especially with turbo'd cars... the fronts on my ST didn't last long at all with spirited driving but like you say in the dry they are spot on, certainly for the price of them.

ST
Old 31st March 2014, 12:36   #335
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Hmm cracking isn't something that you want for sure, strange that's enough to put me off trying them, but as you say if you're going to replace them after the summer anyway you'll at least get an idea on how they perform and if the cracks will appear. Luckily it's warming up so you shouldn't have any issues if it's due to low temps.

That's the thing with T1r's especially with turbo'd cars... the fronts on my ST didn't last long at all with spirited driving but like you say in the dry they are spot on, certainly for the price of them.
Yeah seems hit and miss, but had several guys on MLR alone with issues when left exposed to the elements over winter.

Fortunately as the cold weather shouldn't drop below freezing now it shouldn't be an issue. If i'm honest, In the dry I can't push the evo a noticeable amount more on the R1RS in comparison to the T1RS but that's probably due to the car in question.

Do perform better in the wet though i must say however I prefer my spirited drives on a nice sunny day

Personally prefer the tread pattern of the T1RS to for some reason.

Anyway, cars looking good dude, glad the mishap hasn't proven to be too much of an issue.

Old 31st March 2014, 12:40   #336
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Yeah seems hit and miss, but had several guys on MLR alone with issues when left exposed to the elements over winter.

Fortunately as the cold weather shouldn't drop below freezing now it shouldn't be an issue. If i'm honest, In the dry I can't push the evo a noticeable amount more on the R1RS in comparison to the T1RS but that's probably due to the car in question.

Do perform better in the wet though i must say however I prefer my spirited drives on a nice sunny day

Personally prefer the tread pattern of the T1RS to for some reason.

Anyway, cars looking good dude, glad the mishap hasn't proven to be too much of an issue.

Probably right tbh, it's got a lot of power! interesting you say they perform better in the wet, I am always looking for tyres that are good for the wet, like you say prefer sunny days for spirited driving but it's always nice to know you have something capable for all conditions (except for snow lol).

Cheers dude! it's been a bitch but must soldier on haha

ST
Old 31st March 2014, 12:44   #337
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Probably right tbh, it's got a lot of power! interesting you say they perform better in the wet, I am always looking for tyres that are good for the wet, like you say prefer sunny days for spirited driving but it's always nice to know you have something capable for all conditions (except for snow lol).

Cheers dude! it's been a bitch but must soldier on haha
Yeah there a pretty decent tyre in the wet, found myself on numerous occasions pulling out of my street arse end first (semi on purpose) when pulling out a little too quickly..

Not been as much of an issue on the R1R's, Might be worth looking at in the future as long as they can stand up to a cold winter.

Old 31st March 2014, 12:50   #338
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Yeah there a pretty decent tyre in the wet, found myself on numerous occasions pulling out of my street arse end first (semi on purpose) when pulling out a little too quickly..

Not been as much of an issue on the R1R's, Might be worth looking at in the future as long as they can stand up to a cold winter.
That's jokes!

I'll see how you get on with them seen as you're already rocking them, they're certainly something I'd consider depending on how they stand up to the elements like you say!

ST
Old 31st March 2014, 21:58   #339
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Who's going to have problems with hitting the deck when lowering 60mm? Me that's who lol that's why my car looks higher than it actually is in pics on my drive it's like a hill.

Anyways shit pics from the iphone will get better soon.

Valve caps & sleeves very posh haha. (before I cleaned the car)

A little later on...

This was all at like half 6/7 tonight haha. Ps I need a new numberplate double sided sticky thingy...

Enjoy

ST
Old 31st March 2014, 22:01   #340
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Hope them valve caps dont bond lol

Looks geat Jamie. Get the calipers on!
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote