Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 7th August 2011, 00:55   #1
666saxo666
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
666saxo666 is on a distinguished road
Default My Routine - Most Common?

Hello all.

I was replyin to an earlier thread and I thought i would post my routine so i could see how people do things differently. Ive been goin gym about 6 months now. Will post pics below.

My routine is simple. Had a few pms asking what machines to use if your just starting out, so i will just tell you what i do on each day, cant remember the names of machines so will jus describe as best i can.
(All machines 3 sets. 8 reps. Going up weight each time.)

1st day - Chest and tri's.
1 - Shoulder press.
2 - Incline shoulder press
3 - Pec Machine
4 - Bench
5 - Incline Bench
6 - Cables - Tri Pull downs. With a metal bar on the cable.
6 - Same again but with a rope thing.
7 - Tricep dips.
8 - Free weights - Tris - Weight behind head standing and push up.
9 - ALOT of push ups to finish. Marine training is 60 in 2 mins ive been told.Like a test when you join. You get points for bein able to do it and lose points how many you cant do in 2 mins. So i just do that as many times as i can. Normally do around 300 overall untill i die. When i first started 6 month ago could barely do 20....

2nd day - Shoulders and abs
1. Shoulder press
2. Smith press. - Bench fully upright - bring down in front of face
3 Smith press - Same again but behind head
4. Free weights - Bench fully upright and bring weight from shoulder width apart to touching at the top.
5. Free weights - Use a bar and pull up to touch chin.
6. Smith press - Shoulder crunches - (dont really no wt there called). Jus leave your arms dangling with the smith bar and roll shoulders.
7. Ab Machine - Theres a special machine in my gym that does your abs like magic that i just use. You Lie flat and full your hands over your head and lift your legs at same time. Like press ups i usually do about 300 of these untill i cant do anymore.
8. Also do leg lifts sometimes.

3rd day - Back and bi's
1. Lat Pulldown
2. Seated Row
3. Pull Ups
4. Another lat pulldown machine
5. Free weights - Bicep curls
6. Free Weights - Bar Curls
7. Cables - Bicep curls with bar
8. Cables - Bicep curls with single hand things
9. Bicep curl machine

Sorry the descriptions are a bit gash its hard to describe what you actually do when you think about it.

Then i repeat the cycle. Twice in a week. Im in the gym 6 days a week with a rest day on a saturday when i play football.

As for cardio i just simply cant do it in a gym. I get to bored and i can never be arsed. I have footy training on a monday and wednesday and a match sat. so that normally sorts me out for cardio.

As for supplements i have never touched the juice or even thought about it. No disrespect to people who have/are using it. Its just not for me.

I have a My protein Total Protein shake with my brekky and before bed. And a Maximuscle Promax shake straight afta gym. In changing room in fact.

My mates do the same routine of the 3 days. And most of the lads in the gym seem to it to.

Interested in what others do as people make alot of noise stating they do this mad crazy stuff with a superduper routine and this new amazin crack that makes you turn into the hulk. Whereas i find this simple routine works fine. So what do you do ?

Pics - Before

After - 6 months ish

Best advice ive ever been given , to many people want to be the terminator after a month and are pissed off when they arnt so just stop going. Dont expect to see results in a day. - Think years not days.

Last edited by 666saxo666; 7th August 2011 at 17:10.
666saxo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 09:12   #2
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Do you not own a pair of legs?

I just do push one day, pull another day.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 10:05   #3
Powellyboi
Established Member

Car(s): www.thatpanelbeater.co.uk
Powellyboi is on a distinguished road

no legs??

I dont train abs, find my abs are normally quite good anywhere just from doing my routine..
Powellyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 10:10   #4
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

i never really used to do legs much, played alot of football like you n thought whats the point as they get enough exercise, but do them alot more now, certainly worth it mate, thats if you dont do them cos you thought like me
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 10:19   #5
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
i never really used to do legs much, played alot of football like you n thought whats the point as they get enough exercise, but do them alot more now, certainly worth it mate, thats if you dont do them cos you thought like me
Aye, if you do think this then you have to bear in mind that the type of exercise your legs are doing from playing football wont develop them in the same way that the exercise you do in the gym will do.
Old 7th August 2011, 13:50   #6
666saxo666
Regular Poster

No i dont do any legs. Like people have said mainly due to the amount of football i play. I dont have a day where I can fit it in either cos i like to repeat the cycle twice in a week. I dont like 'big' legs either. Just think it looks wierd. Skinny isnt good either but somewhere in the middle and football does enough to
maintain the 'normal' size i want.
Old 7th August 2011, 14:34   #7
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

You need to train your legs to build a strong core and foundation, plus doing exercises like squats work your upper body too..
Training legs help build overall mass, if youre serious about building muscle you must train your legs...
Old 7th August 2011, 16:39   #8
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

Day 1 - Back and Bi's
Day 2 - Chest and Tri's
Day 3 - Shoulders and Legs

I also do one set of Abs on all three days

I either do the above once a week (Tues, Thurs and Saturday) or twice a week with Wednesday as a break day to leave 4 days between doing the same mucles again
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 17:12   #9
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Pics up
Old 8th August 2011, 08:25   #10
RJohnson
Regular Poster

Car(s): 00' Saxo VTR
RJohnson is on a distinguished road

My main problems with your routine are:

1 - No legs (Your choice but as Mcguire said, if your serious about building mass at least squat!)

2- Shoulders with chest then has its own day aswell?

3- 4 exercises for upper back (3 of which are lat) then no lower back? No deadlift?

4 - You do 4 exercises for back but 5 for bicep?

5- You say you do all of this twice, in one week? Aswell as playing football, how many cals do you have to eat!

Not supposed to be arsey here, just some pointers, but you look like your making good progress so you can tell me to shut up! Out of interest how much did you weight, and what are you up to now?
Old 8th August 2011, 11:49   #11
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Starting weight was about 11st5 and all of it fat. Now im 12st1 and muscle instead of fat. And 6ft2.

i really dont like big legs so ive never botherd
shoulders on my chest day is just like a warm up
ive never really trained lower back on isolation. Just focused on back as a whole. so no specific parts.

As for the calorie part. my diet is shit. thats why i didnt post it.
I dont have any routine or set plans. I just eat what i want. Mainly alot of shit. Ive never been arsed bout diets etc. Each body is different and i dont put on weight ever. And im not gonna swap a mcdonalds for some grass, so it may take a little longer to build but food is to good.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:20   #12
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666saxo666 View Post
Starting weight was about 11st5 and all of it fat. Now im 12st1 and muscle instead of fat. And 6ft2.

ive never really trained lower back on isolation. Just focused on back as a whole. so no specific parts.

I dont have any routine or set plans. I just eat what i want. Mainly alot of shit. Ive never been arsed bout diets etc. Each body is different and i dont put on weight ever. And im not gonna swap a mcdonalds for some grass, so it may take a little longer to build but food is to good.
QFT.

Oh and btw, stuff like squats encourage your body to release growth hormone, so what I'm saying is that if you squat, the growth hormone will help ALL of your body, not just your legs, therefore helping massively. Studies have shown that squats generally make the body release more hormone than any other exercise.

Now please, stop.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:08   #13
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Lets see some pics then daveyboi
Old 8th August 2011, 15:20   #14
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:

Lets see some pics then daveyboi
Tell me, what's the epic fail? You are trying to give people who know more than you advice, and making yourself out to be some sort of guru when you know absolute jack shit about what you're doing. I'll get a pic when I get back from Maga in 2 weeks.

Please, stop making yourself out to be someone who people should go to for advice when you really do know fuck all.

And for the record, I'm not saying I'm some sort of Mr Olympia or anything, I'm pretty average. I've only been back at it since May, but I actually educate myself and only give advice when I'm confident of what I'm saying. You just go at the gym haphazard, don't understand WHAT you're doing or WHY, just copy off other people and you've lost body fat. Sure you're making "progress" but it's accidental. You'll hit a wall and end up not know why or how to get better/further gains cos you're ignorant.

Last edited by Giraffe; 8th August 2011 at 15:23.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:07   #15
666saxo666
Regular Poster

All i have done is stated EXACTLY what i do with pictures of my results. Nothing more, nothing less. If people wanna try and do what ive done and are starting out they can
achieve what i have with my routine because i have pictures to back up the routine.

Will you please stop commenting now, youve said im this and that so stop commenting. your just like every other computer warrior. you want respect - put some pics
up. Otherwise just leave your comments to your self.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:10   #16
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
All i have done is stated EXACTLY what i do with pictures of my results. Nothing more, nothing less. If people wanna try and do what ive done and are starting out they can
achieve what i have with my routine because i have pictures to back up the routine.

Will you please stop commenting now, youve said im this and that so stop commenting. your just like every other computer warrior. you want respect - put some pics
up. Otherwise just leave your comments to your self.
Go read up on your stuff babes, you'll get a pic to masturbate to in 2 weeks when I get back from Maga, as I've just said. You do realise that pictures aren't everything as well?

Go on, tell me what pops in to your head when you see that? You'll probably think he's got a weak core lol
Old 8th August 2011, 18:06   #17
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Just leave it Dave, it's not worth it. He's asked for advice and wont take it on board, only the stuff that suits him. Getting quite a few of these in this section now which is why I choose carefully who I give detailed advice to otherwise I'm just wasteing my time
Old 8th August 2011, 18:32   #18
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuire86 View Post
Just leave it Dave, it's not worth it. He's asked for advice and wont take it on board, only the stuff that suits him. Getting quite a few of these in this section now which is why I choose carefully who I give detailed advice to otherwise I'm just wasteing my time
Wheres the advise? All that hes said is im talking shit, and that he is all knowledgable and i no fuck all. Yet i have posted proof of my efforts and my routine to achieve it. Without evidence all it is is noise comin out your mouth.

Anyway lets move on.

I wanted constructive criticism not basically - u no fuck all your a tard etc etc.
If you havent got anythin good to say then dont say it at all.

I will stick to the muscletalk forum next time. Not as many ewarriors
over there.
Old 8th August 2011, 19:17   #19
Reid
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): EP3 Civic Type R
Reid has a spectacular aura aboutReid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Lift as much as you want for that hour at the gym. Its the 23 hour inbetween that is important.

If you think your making gains at the moment it will be night and day when your providing your body with enough fuel.

I would much rather have some quality meat than that shit in mcdonalds and to be honest I dont eat "grass" well im building muscle ither

I think your are being naive with the word diet mate
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 19:30   #20
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Quote:
Wheres the advise? All that hes said is im talking shit, and that he is all knowledgable and i no fuck all. Yet i have posted proof of my efforts and my routine to achieve it. Without evidence all it is is noise comin out your mouth.

Anyway lets move on.

I wanted constructive criticism not basically - u no fuck all your a tard etc etc.
If you havent got anythin good to say then dont say it at all.

I will stick to the muscletalk forum next time. Not as many ewarriors
over there.
Think about what you say before you open up your trap.
You have recieved numerous advice about training your legs and how diet effects your muscle building abilities but you either ignore it or have stated you do not want to do it.
Yes you have had gains, but you have had newbie gains. Basically anyone who starts lifting for the first time will notice very good gains in their first 6months as the body is shocked into muscle building via weight training.
However, now your gains will slow, very much so if not done right. That is why it is extremely important for you now to sort out your diet, if you do not then you will gain hardly anything and probably end up loseing most of what you have gained.
As for training legs, well you seem to already know everything so I cant be fucked to explain why this is a big mistake not training them. Go onto muscle talk and say you dont need to train your legs and see what sort of response you get.