Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 31st January 2012, 15:14   #21
666saxo666
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
666saxo666 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot-ish View Post
just drop the whole lot of coke- drink diluting juice, i would never drink fizzy's now.

You need more protien to be honest- can you not have boiled/scrambled eggs and porridge for breakfast instead?

dinner, dump the chips, have potatoe's instead, and get some brocolli in there.

I really have a bad habbit with the coke. i really cant kick it. is the coke zero/pepsi max really no good?.

For protein i have a My protein shake twice a day and A maximuscle cyclone after training. I do need eggs but i rarely leave myself enough time in the morning to do anythin other than a bowl of cereal. In most cases i dont eat breakfast.

Thanks for the comments guys.
One other question i have is what to do for snacks? After fruit i am struggling.
666saxo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 15:16   #22
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666saxo666 View Post
I really have a bad habbit with the coke. i really cant kick it. is the coke zero/pepsi max really no good?.

For protein i have a My protein shake twice a day and A maximuscle cyclone after training. I do need eggs but i rarely leave myself enough time in the morning to do anythin other than a bowl of cereal. In most cases i dont eat breakfast.

Thanks for the comments guys.
One other question i have is what to do for snacks? After fruit i am struggling.
Nuts.

Kick the coke habit, don't care how hard it is, kick it. Get up early and make time for breakfast. You seem to have made good gains with little dedication to be honest, I'm quite surprised. Some people work hard with strict diets and really struggle, if you took it a little more seriously and showed more dedication to the nutrition side of it, you could probably get some amazing gains...
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 15:27   #23
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Can't or wont ? Yes It's bad for you, all fizzys are, they weaken the calcium in your bones. Stop drinking it and start drinking water, you can drink it on your rest/cheat day.
Old 31st January 2012, 15:49   #24
skids_vts
Regular Poster

Car(s): saxo vts
iTrader Score: -3 (0%)
skids_vts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Been thinkin about a diet and im gonna try this.
Breakfast - Frosties. Not to good i no but i need the sugar to give me a boost.
Lunch - Wholegrain sandwich with Chicken
Snacks - Banana and grapes
Dinner - Lots of chicken/meat with a few chips and some beans or sweetcorn.
Same supplements as first post.
What do people think.?
Its not the best but a good halfway house.
One other thing ive done is i drank alot of coke. Ive switched to pepsi max. I cant drink water. Will this make a difference as its meant to have zero this zero that rather than alot of calories in standard coke.
Nothing wrong with frosties for breakfast, You find 99% of cereals are high in sugar anyway due to needing to replenish your glycogen stores after not eating since the night before
Try and drop the bread for a chicken salad for lunch
As people have said cut the chips out in favour of boiled potatoes or similar
Handfulls of nuts and berries for snacks, or i usually have a flap jack if im craving something sweet, high in good fats and complex carbs
How much coke was you actually drinking?
skids_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 17:39   #25
666saxo666
Regular Poster

If im honest the whole time ive been training ive drank nothin but coke. If i have a drink its usually coke.

Dave - thats what all my mates say. They say im takin the piss etc. But im gonna try my best to change as as mcguire says im probably killin myself. I genuinly just cant stand water. My diet for the entire year has easily been just as bad as my drinkin habits. Macies is rite next to my work. Probs have 3-4 a week easy. whole time i was trainin,
Old 1st February 2012, 09:32   #26
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Quote:
If im honest the whole time ive been training ive drank nothin but coke. If i have a drink its usually coke.

Dave - thats what all my mates say. They say im takin the piss etc. But im gonna try my best to change as as mcguire says im probably killin myself. I genuinly just cant stand water. My diet for the entire year has easily been just as bad as my drinkin habits. Macies is rite next to my work. Probs have 3-4 a week easy. whole time i was trainin,
Tbh, if you want more gains then cut back on maccies and the coke. Honestly.

I love Monster Energy, I was having 2 a day every week!! Now I have 1 a day maximum, sometimes nothing at all and drink a lot of water or sugar free squash

Maccies 3-4 times a week? I know maccies taste really nice but you have to be strong. I will have a maccies once a week maybe. Sometimes not at all for weeks. You will feel better about your self, trust me. I did
Watch the film called, SuperSize me.

Once you cut back and start to feel good / see gains you wont want to have a maccies 3-4 times a week or drink coke all the time.

Cymru am Byth
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 10:41   #27
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffitt View Post
Tbh, if you want more gains then cut back on maccies and the coke. Honestly.

I love Monster Energy, I was having 2 a day every week!! Now I have 1 a day maximum, sometimes nothing at all and drink a lot of water or sugar free squash

Maccies 3-4 times a week? I know maccies taste really nice but you have to be strong. I will have a maccies once a week maybe. Sometimes not at all for weeks. You will feel better about your self, trust me. I did
Watch the film called, SuperSize me.

Once you cut back and start to feel good / see gains you wont want to have a maccies 3-4 times a week or drink coke all the time.

My problem has been that i have seen good gains with the worst eating/drinking habits in the world. So its hard to justify not eatin/drinkin shit when im making good gains. Im goin to try now and change my diet so the results should be good over the next year.
Old 1st February 2012, 10:59   #28
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
My problem has been that i have seen good gains with the worst eating/drinking habits in the world. So its hard to justify not eatin/drinkin shit when im making good gains. Im goin to try now and change my diet so the results should be good over the next year.
If you don't sort your diet out though, your problem next year will be that you haven't seen any gains and you will be fed up with it...
Old 1st February 2012, 11:39   #29
666saxo666
Regular Poster

ye im goin to sort my diet this year and report back. ive winged it so far so might be fun doing it properly.
Old 1st February 2012, 12:56   #30
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Cut down on Maccies and coke slowly.

Like have a maccies twice a week instead of 3-4, then each week reduce it

But like Dave said above, if you don't change your diet. You won't see any gains this year.

Cymru am Byth
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 15:40   #31
Venns
Established Member

Car(s): 2001 Saxo 1.1
Venns is on a distinguished road

Gains look really impressive mate very similar to my 1st year training, keep up the good work
Venns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 20:59   #32
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Cheers mate. Been a week on the diet and really struggling with will power. Just had half a tub of ben and jerrys. I will definately keep on the supplements to see if i can keep goin without worryin about my diet constantly.
Old 4th March 2012, 21:43   #33
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Just updating and wondering what people think...

Cyclone is proving to be good but very expensive

£27 a tub off ebay and one shake after training = month worth.

Im gonna try just the myprotein total protein shake 3 times a day with one after training instead of 2 day with cyclone after training.

Will report back. If cyclone doesnt provide much difference itll be a good little experiment as its alot cheaper to stick with the my protein stuff. Instead of using the maximuscle cyclone.
Old 9th April 2012, 17:07   #34
Furio-Gazza
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Furio-Gazza is on a distinguished road

This was a really good read!
What is the perfect meal plan a day
I.E
Breakfast....
Dinner....
Lunch....

Drinks....
& Snacks/Nibbles
Furio-Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 12:59   #35
CitroenSport
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): MK2 VTS 153bhp
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
CitroenSport is on a distinguished road

well done mate very good progress!
FOR SALE>>> MK2 Silver Saxo VTS 153BHP(Cammed with 708's, Chip Wizards Remap, Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2's wrapped in Proxy T1-R's, Airbagged GTI Leather, 6000k HID's, Full Supersprint System & Loads More!!!>>>>> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=398979
CitroenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 15:07   #36
Tringaling
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 52 Plate Black 8v R'
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Tringaling is on a distinguished road

Nice gains there mate, as said before It's all in the diet!

I like to do a lot of super setting as I am impatient sometimes and like to wreck myself but that's just how PTI's in the army are..erratic!

With regards to fizzies if you really can't get rid of them try coke zero at the very least as its cutting down majorly on sugar although it may make up in some areas!

You should all in all be happy with your results so far but keep smashing yourself!
"Jack Tring - Worlds best dad/uncle/GI José"
My Shit Heap - PROGRESS
Tringaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 22:44   #37
666saxo666
Regular Poster

Hi Guys thanks for the comments. I have moved on from saxo's so i had forgot about this thread. Ive got a CTR now so over on there.

Just to update this. I had made good gains but i didnt want to plataeu and i felt my body was getting to used to training so i deliberately took 3 months off and wanted to put on alot of weight. I thought i would loose alot of my work but i havent lost to much and i have put on alot of fat as ive deliberately had a bad diet. Most will say that this is a bad thing and a stupid idea but i am now going to shock my body into training again and hopefully the gains will be even better. This is not some random thing i decided to do. it has been done before and does work as its like starting again but from a bigger (muscle wise) starting point.

I went to the gym tonite and i can only manage around half the weight i used to be able to do.

Will report back with results. I am nearing my goal weight of 13 stone albeit the majority of it at the moment is fat but hopefully this shock tactic should work and i wont plateau. Lets see..
Old 26th April 2012, 08:43   #38
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Hi Guys thanks for the comments. I have moved on from saxo's so i had forgot about this thread. Ive got a CTR now so over on there.

Just to update this. I had made good gains but i didnt want to plataeu and i felt my body was getting to used to training so i deliberately took 3 months off and wanted to put on alot of weight. I thought i would loose alot of my work but i havent lost to much and i have put on alot of fat as ive deliberately had a bad diet. Most will say that this is a bad thing and a stupid idea but i am now going to shock my body into training again and hopefully the gains will be even better. This is not some random thing i decided to do. it has been done before and does work as its like starting again but from a bigger (muscle wise) starting point.

I went to the gym tonite and i can only manage around half the weight i used to be able to do.

Will report back with results. I am nearing my goal weight of 13 stone albeit the majority of it at the moment is fat but hopefully this shock tactic should work and i wont plateau. Lets see..
Lol, interesting. Most people just change the way they train to shock their body, not become a lard arse. Hope it works.
Old 26th April 2012, 20:28   #39
mikeygs
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): VTR 2001 blue
mikeygs is on a distinguished road

Very interesting idea! Not sure I could handle doing that, I just took a week out of weights to have a little break and try to lose a couple of niggles. But I still went to the gym to do some cardio, and couldn't wait to get back on the weights again this week.

Would be intrigued to see how you get on over the next few months.
mikeygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 21:09   #40
jones91
Established Member

Car(s): Jdm Dc2 Integra
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
jones91 is on a distinguished road

I think having 3 months off training is too much IMO, normally 1 or two weeks is plenty for most people, but you never know it might work