Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 1st June 2013, 15:36   #101
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
Went into Game on saturday, guy was saying it could be anywhere from £450 to £700. Simply not paying that to be honest, hardware should be cheaper these days
Means he didn't have the slightest clue, lol at ballpark figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post

You are a fool (not you specifically) if you believe that they are making a console that is not going to have gaming at its epicenter.
So far it's been rather like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Last edited by Manu; 1st June 2013 at 15:38.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2013, 16:59   #102
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Means he didn't have the slightest clue, lol at ballpark figures.

Probably when they were taking refundable deposits, he did say they'd only taken 80 odd in a week
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gandi699 For This Useful Post:
Old 2nd June 2013, 13:10   #103
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Lol at the pre-order muppets when the official price isn't even yet confirmed. Giving too much money to a company with the promise of getting it back with no interest? They're laughing all the way to the bank on that one. Amazon is at £600

What a con tbh, money back guarantee sounds more like would you like fifa and forza with your new live subscription sir? That'll be 50 quid extra then please. Either that or plugging the box and watching tv on your tv.
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:09   #104
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

I'm thinking i will be switching to playstation when it comes out.. Just seems that the xbox is going to be silly. Silly price, not as game orientated.. Why would i want to stream the tv i can see on my tv without using my internet allowance?!

Going to wait what both offer in the next few months, but I'm swaying way towards PS4 at the moment!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:23   #105
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Black VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Hazmanscoop is on a distinguished road

They are certainly going to see a lot of hairy ass and balls in the morning if the camera is always on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
I managed to make it outside once but i didnt like it - i couldnt work out how to click on people and trees and stuff
Hazmanscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 23:46   #106
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Rumours (from decent sources) abound of ms having yield problems with their apu/esdram. Looks like theyre having to downclock the system. Graphics power looks like its going to suffer, with folk speculating it wont manage 1080p at an acceptable framerate.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 01:07   #107
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

They'll sort it in time, just hope it doesn't end up like the red ring problems they suffered. You'd have thought they'd have learnt their lesson.
Makes me think not to purchase a phase 1 model
Old 7th June 2013, 02:05   #108
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

An external psu is being used, so theyre obv covering their arses wrt heat build up.

Theyve confirmed mandatory 24hour connection to xbl servers. Games wont work without 24 hourly connection. Fuckbags.
Old 7th June 2013, 02:15   #109
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

i
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabbastard For This Useful Post:
Old 7th June 2013, 08:05   #110
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

I turn my Xbox off at the wall when I go to bed so its fucked about doing that isn't it. Also what about people
Who go on holiday for 2 weeks? Oh sorry you didn't log in within 24 hours you cant play your games
Old 7th June 2013, 08:08   #111
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Black VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Hazmanscoop is on a distinguished road

its sounding worse by the day...

Quote:
I managed to make it outside once but i didnt like it - i couldnt work out how to click on people and trees and stuff
Hazmanscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 09:59   #112
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

must admit the more thats coming out about the xbox the less im liking it.

Leaving the door open for a massive PS4 win which disappoints me as i hate my ps3 with a passion.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 10:38   #113
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
i

Saw this earlier, seems like microsoft has now officially gone full retard.

Quote:
Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.
watch TV or films??? On my games console??? Faaaaaaa', I'm sold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=sWcKtJj5_oY#!

Last edited by Manu; 7th June 2013 at 10:48.
Old 7th June 2013, 13:54   #114
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

I can see what theyre aiming for with the machine in terms of business strategies, but im a bit worried about people buying this without realising they need to connect to the net. Inability to sell.games on, well that can totally get to fuck. Ive sold and swapped games with guys i know who arent on my friends list in the past.

I liked ms comment along the lines of "anyone playing on your console will have full access to all your games and content, regardless of their relationship to you". Fucking hell we have been waiting forever for a console that anyone in the room can play....
Old 7th June 2013, 14:18   #115
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

In 2002, Microsoft made Xbox Live. They made it available ONLY to people with a broadband internet connection. Everyone said it was marketing suicide.

Look at it now.

Do you not think PlayStation will have a similar system?
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 14:33   #116
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Probably, its no coincidence that ea binned the online pass.

The 24 hour connection is annoying, but its everything else thats stupid; im not actually sure on the legality of ms deciding whether or not i can gift a game.

All the tv piss has been confirmed as not actually working in europe, australia and canada. Its a feature for north america only.
Old 7th June 2013, 14:56   #117
Kebabman
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS mk1 stage rally car
Kebabman is on a distinguished road

It will be interesting to see what the PS4 is like in terms of second hand games etc. Unless it has already been announced that is. I know the restrictions on selling on games are being pushed very strongly by the games development companies to increase their revenue. I'd be surprised if Sony haven't been pressured into a similar system.

If somehow Sony don't do this it will be interesting to see what dev companies do regarding their console development. It wouldn't surprise me if the best games become only available for the XBOX ONE or at least don't get released on the PS4 until it has been out a while for the XBOX...
Old 7th June 2013, 15:56   #118
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebabman View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the best games become only available for the XBOX ONE or at least don't get released on the PS4 until it has been out a while for the XBOX...
That will never happen.. GTA used to be purely for Playstation, as it was obviously disk, not cartridge like the N64 was.. Soon as the brought a GTA out once the xbox was made.. It was on both..

No game devoloper would give it to one console months before the other, there would be fair trading breaches for a start! The only way around it would be if Microsoft developed the game themselves!

Jay, as for the broadband thing, thats when broadband was been rolled out all over the country, most places had it, or were about to get it.. The thing with the 24 hour internet access, means you are FORCED to pay for XBL, where a parent would buy an xbox because its the cheaper console, for their kid to play, not requiring XBL, therefore and internet connection, was fine..

Now it means someone wanting to do that, not only has to pay for the internet connection now, but xbox live..

They have made a media centre, not a console.

Looking 99% like i will be going to Playstation

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 18:13   #119
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
That will never happen.. GTA used to be purely for Playstation, as it was obviously disk, not cartridge like the N64 was.. Soon as the brought a GTA out once the xbox was made.. It was on both..

No game devoloper would give it to one console months before the other, there would be fair trading breaches for a start! The only way around it would be if Microsoft developed the game themselves!

Jay, as for the broadband thing, thats when broadband was been rolled out all over the country, most places had it, or were about to get it.. The thing with the 24 hour internet access, means you are FORCED to pay for XBL, where a parent would buy an xbox because its the cheaper console, for their kid to play, not requiring XBL, therefore and internet connection, was fine..

Now it means someone wanting to do that, not only has to pay for the internet connection now, but xbox live..

They have made a media centre, not a console.

Looking 99% like i will be going to Playstation
Nowhere does it say that you have to have Xbox Live Gold. JUST an internet connection. Xbox Live Silver is free of charge.

Fair trading rights? What fair trading rights? If a developer wants to develop it for one console, they can. If they want to develop it for both, but stagger the release, they can. What about Android and iOS?
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 18:20   #120
Kebabman
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS mk1 stage rally car
Kebabman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post

So you know nowt about software development then... There wouldn't be anything like a fair trading breach in this case. They are two totally different platforms and the games have to be written for each platform (although granted some of the code can be re-used). You don't just write the game once and it works on both. It's like saying that any piece of software available for a PC must be available for MAC or it would break fair trade rules. Or iPhone/android/blackberry etc etc. The dev companies can write a game for whatever platform they want and release it whenever they want.

There would obviously be a big advantage to the dev companies if one platform doesn't allow the second hand selling of games as they potentially stand to make more money. And they can try to force people to choose this platform by delaying releases on less favourable platforms, if they release at all.