Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 31st August 2014, 21:40   #81
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

thats fucking awesome results for a DA tbf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blackie_2k5 For This Useful Post:
Old 31st August 2014, 21:48   #82
DaDangerMan
Frequent Poster

Car(s): BMW E92 320D Mk2 Golf 1.8T, Triumph Spitfire 1500
DaDangerMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
That's a single pass with meguiars correction compound on a microfibre correction pad, using a g220 DA. Dom probably has a post-polish shot.
i need to get myself some of that, great work dom,
DaDangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaDangerMan For This Useful Post:
Old 31st August 2014, 22:18   #83
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Dom is on a distinguished road

The post polish shot;

Ross done all the work, credit goes to him. As you can see the affected area towards the drivers side headlight came up very good.

Bush got fucked today.

Photobucket may be playing up...
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 22:37   #84
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

like a fucking mirror that. Job jobbed.
Old 3rd September 2014, 00:56   #85
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409703280.238823.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	17792saw this and thought of you Dom. Oh wait. That is you.
Old 15th November 2014, 01:31   #86
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore

You don't just clean an Audi..

Had to take a day off work for this, the original idea was to roll around Ross's house at 9am, start the car cleaning and get onto polishing the car in his garage, finishing at 5pm so I could do my police application and head to the gym.

How it really happened, I took a day off work, woke up at 12.30pm, drove over to Ross's in a hurry, spun the fuck out of the S3 still half asleep, sat and played Call of Duty for a couple of hours before getting to work on the car, and even then we watched the Hangover 3.

Oh, and Ross's Xmas present to me, was a mug with his name on it. Cunt.

Lets start.. Washed car.

Easy enough. Then Hoovered, cleaned windows, exhaust tips metal polished. Took the wheels off, please bear in mind the wheels were only cleaned an hour before, road shit, brake dust and all other crap was still sticking to them! Ross pulled out the acid and we set to work.

Before & After..

Cleaned the brakes too, they were terrible.

Both Alloys and brakes came up well!

& finito.

Pretty pleased with the results for a basic wash. Now the interesting bit, I've come across money to spend on this car, service is needed ASAP. Being plagued with a misfire on the 4th cylinder for months now!

Luckily enough Beaniemoo done the Cambelt and Water pump back in September so that's a weight off my mind, top work btw guys! Gives me peace of mind to go and spend money on power and performance.

Milltek exhaust, filter, remap are on the definite list. Oh, and some rear tyres to keep my arse planted instead of facing the wrong direction on a slip road. I want to see at least 330bhp.

I've got my heart set on lowering the car, but I dread to think what else will fail as a result, the suspension has been feeling very tired lately. I would hate to open up a £2k bill just for suspension mods. All this needs to be done before April, this car will be making its way to the Nurburgring (second time lucky).

I will get a good chance to see how bad it handles at Cadwell in February, I hope it makes it through that test.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dom For This Useful Post:
Old 15th November 2014, 10:31   #87
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

Surely if it's feeling tired and you've already managed to spin it, you'd be better spending your money sorting the suspension out and getting some decent rubber fitted rather than worrying about upping the power?
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 12:45   #88
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road

Your rears should not be spinning at all unless your on really greasy roads/ice/snow.
I aint read it all back, but I believe your on standard power, so as soon as your fronts start to slip which is always possible it can only transfer 50% of power to the rear unless you have an aftermarket Heldex unit on.

Worth while checking the fuse for the Heldex unit, and giving the car a full scan to make sure all is working fine and no mechanical problems (faulty coupling etc)

Also the diff's need their oil (and filters if it has one) changing every 30 or 40k. Worth while checking that this has been carried out.

Regarding changing tyres, if all your tyres are diff tread depths it throws the 4wd system out and makes it pretty useless. So worth while making them all equal.

I'm running 330ish and I get no spin what so ever, even with launch control. Dont forget uprated clutch if you don't have one yet. Anything over S1 normally means an uprated clutch is needed.
MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 20:14   #89
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
Surely if it's feeling tired and you've already managed to spin it, you'd be better spending your money sorting the suspension out and getting some decent rubber fitted rather than worrying about upping the power?
I agree in some ways, yes it would be great to sort the suspension if the car was getting hammered on a track, but for a road car I don't mind. Yes it'll see the Ring and Caldwell, but that'll probably be it. I haven't got deep enough pockets to have both done, and power is the priority. Even though it'll end badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ05LLY View Post
Your rears should not be spinning at all unless your on really greasy roads/ice/snow.
I aint read it all back, but I believe your on standard power, so as soon as your fronts start to slip which is always possible it can only transfer 50% of power to the rear unless you have an aftermarket Heldex unit on.

Worth while checking the fuse for the Heldex unit, and giving the car a full scan to make sure all is working fine and no mechanical problems (faulty coupling etc)

Also the diff's need their oil (and filters if it has one) changing every 30 or 40k. Worth while checking that this has been carried out.

Regarding changing tyres, if all your tyres are diff tread depths it throws the 4wd system out and makes it pretty useless. So worth while making them all equal.

I'm running 330ish and I get no spin what so ever, even with launch control. Dont forget uprated clutch if you don't have one yet. Anything over S1 normally means an uprated clutch is needed.
It was a very wet slip road, being half tired with absolutely shit rear budget tyres was the killer, the front held but the back just said no. The car does have a heavy fault on the 4th cylinder, Ross drove it tonight and it was stuttering when cold, car shaking. The diff will be fine, yes I'll get the oil etc done, but it's not my priority at the moment.

As for the clutch, I'll wait for that to give up with more power. I'm sure it'll take the power at 320ish bhp. Anymore than that and I'll agree the turbo torque will kill it.

We will see anyway. I'll get it to MRC at some point soon. Goodbye any house deposit.
Old 15th November 2014, 20:23   #90
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Stop washing it and get the engine fixed! it's been like that for months you said? sort it out man!
Old 15th November 2014, 20:58   #91
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
I agree in some ways, yes it would be great to sort the suspension if the car was getting hammered on a track, but for a road car I don't mind. Yes it'll see the Ring and Caldwell, but that'll probably be it. I haven't got deep enough pockets to have both done, and power is the priority. Even though it'll end badly.
Fair play.

How long have you had the miss-fire issue? That sounds like a key one to get sorted out, is it bad enough to be worthwhile doing a compression test for bore wash?
Old 15th November 2014, 22:31   #92
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZiZZle View Post
Stop washing it and get the engine fixed! it's been like that for months you said? sort it out man!
Correct, since August?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
Fair play.

How long have you had the miss-fire issue? That sounds like a key one to get sorted out, is it bad enough to be worthwhile doing a compression test for bore wash?
As above, it's been happening since late August. Unfortunately my ex-fiancé left me in a lot of debt (to the tune of over £14k). The first priority was to pay off the Audi which was in her name, and transfer it over to mine. Finding £3k out of nowhere caused me to leave it until funds permitted again.

Think the compression and all that will be okay, we will see what MRC say.
Old 15th November 2014, 23:05   #93
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Correct, since August?

As above, it's been happening since late August. Unfortunately my ex-fiancé left me in a lot of debt (to the tune of over £14k). The first priority was to pay off the Audi which was in her name, and transfer it over to mine. Finding £3k out of nowhere caused me to leave it until funds permitted again.

Think the compression and all that will be okay, we will see what MRC say.
Nightmare!
Old 16th November 2014, 21:57   #94
Rossp
Super Moderator

Last photo is the best purely because it has my car in it.

Coilpacks anyone?
Old 18th November 2014, 18:17   #95
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Last photo is the best purely because it has my car in it.

Coilpacks anyone?
Coilpack would be the best and quickest thing to check or try. They are not the strongest part of these vehicles.
Old 18th November 2014, 23:19   #96
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore

Not Coils or spark plugs..

This could get expensive..
Old 19th November 2014, 06:59   #97
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Take inlet manifold off and make sure there is not a huge carbon build up on your intake valves, I've read that one before
Also read about swapping injectors about as a simple enough trial?

Hopefully it wpont be expensive

Engine is quite common, so plenty of ideas to try out there
Old 30th November 2014, 02:04   #98
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore

Well, I have an update..

It was booked in at MRC Tuning anyway. The misfire issue got so bad that the S3 couldn't keep up with a Mazda CX5, a 120bhp Diesel MPV. Putting in a full tank of Fuel at Tesco cured the fault, it run perfect for all of 10 minutes. Then it clicked that it was a fuelling issue.

MRC Diagnosed the fault as an injector on the 4th cylinder, at £160 a pop. When they put the car back together, the breather hoses which were glued together cracked and caused it to run lumpy as fuck (previous owner bodge it seems). New set of hoses were put on. Couple of other bits were done, N80 hose being one of them.

We are taking a guess at the running figures of the car with the faults on it, i'm thinking less than 120bhp for sure. With the faults repaired, the car pulled out 268bhp. 3hp up on standard. The engine seems solid.

Anyway, now the interesting part. Due to how much the above has cost me, I couldn't get the Sports Cat Turbo back Resonated Milltek system.

SO.. Now i've had to settle for Decats instead of sports cats, and the non resonated Milltek exhaust system. The performance air filter and the Stage 2 remap.

Well, it'll be loud. & It'll move. I'm hoping for at least 330bhp. I'm picking it up on Monday.
Old 1st December 2014, 20:57   #99
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Confused why in 14k of debt and spending more money on modding a car
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yates For This Useful Post:
Old 1st December 2014, 23:16   #100
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore

Because I can. That is my only answer to that.

Edit; not meaning to come across as an arse. I just won't go without when the debt is bring paid off with ease.