Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 28th March 2007, 17:07   #41
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSVTR View Post
I've sat and watched this thread grow, waiting for someone to mention the worst part of this install. The sub boxes, not the colour but the fact that not only are they too small to be ported, but the ports have been partially covered , why port the boxes and then push them right up to the body work.

I can image a lot of port noise and waffled bass when listening to your system mate, uncover your ports, get rid of the 6x9s and amp the front components and it will sound a lot clearer, louder and better overall.

Did you go for the DJ deck look, cause from a distance that's what your system looks like, kinda cool actually .

But I can appreciate the effort put into the install so I have to say a 6, lack of research let it down i'm afraid.

Agreed,

remove the 6x9s and make a proper parcel shelf from plywood
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 15:20   #42
scottishsaxo18587
L-plater

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Vtr 2000
scottishsaxo18587 is on a distinguished road

really nice!
scottishsaxo18587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 16:11   #43
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!

Not my colour but im going to give you an 8...

Very well done, i know i couldnt do something as well.....

I like the 6x9's the backs of them set the rest of nicely! - Do the subs interfere with them at all?
Old 30th March 2007, 15:53   #44
R60-VTR
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Ford Fiesta Zetec S
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
R60-VTR is a jewel in the roughR60-VTR is a jewel in the roughR60-VTR is a jewel in the roughR60-VTR is a jewel in the rough

Looks good mate, i'd say 8!

"Thank The Lord For ZS Power"
R60-VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 16:21   #45
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

Like hell thats an 8 out of 10 may be 8 out of 20 on a good day

Reasons being
Subs fireing on to 6x9s
6x9s being installed
6x9s beging rectangular
Screen in the boot (why)
Ports not going to be able to breathe right (I bet there wrong size aswell)
Old 30th March 2007, 18:12   #46
wigan32003

wigan32003 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ports breathe fine , the boxs are the same size as the box the subs and amps came out of. seen as they are out of two cbr10 active subs . boxes are big enough for ports cos are same as vibe boxes u jus need to read up on the vibe cbr10 actives n kno the quality of em for the price

also the vibe rectangular 6x9s are design like compents have a separate woofer n oversize tweeter n they have the cross overs with them to you jus need to read up on the as they are award winning.

think sum ppl need to read up be4 they start dishin out shit. cant be doin with ppl that make stuff up as they go along this guys put alot of effort into his build. you jus need to hear it to know is good quality
wigan32003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 19:36   #47
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

What is wrong with being different.
Old 30th March 2007, 19:40   #48
brianS
Established Member
South East Region Member

brianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nice

im with dave on this.
Old 30th March 2007, 19:47   #49
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

im not saying that i am with anyone as i always try and sit on the fence but it seems if you have not got RE subs or Boston componants on here your system is carp. it looks like those that try and be different are slated for it.
Old 30th March 2007, 19:54   #50
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR MK2
BruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really nice

i think when it comes to tuneage on this site, the people that know their stuff are far too critical.

Some people want competition soundsystems that sound clear and crisp and bladdy bladdy blah

Some of us just want to make a fu*king racket, annoy the neighbours, pop the boot and let it blare.

Fair play to voicing an opinion just can we not do it constructively and courteously instead of critically.
Well done to you mate for putting in such an effort and coming out with a result that YOU like.

I'd say a 6 purely because i dont actually like installs, i just fire any old sub in and then cover it in tools and spare parts!

BruceybabyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 20:01   #51
brianS
Established Member
South East Region Member

brianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nice

i really cant see what effort has been made with it though, they look like off the shelf boxes that have just been thrown at some material and an amp screwed to a bit of wood.

components used doesnt bother me one bit, everyone hears differently so tastes and budgets always differ, i was lucky enough to be able to get bargains when i had my old vts with the install, this isnt always an option.

he could have £10k's worth of equipment in there, the quality of the work however doesnt look great.
Old 30th March 2007, 20:36   #52
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

bloody oval shaped speakers, bloody square ones whats the world coming too

go to any recording studio, concert etc they will have round speakers because its the only shape that works in my opinion

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 20:40   #53
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

BruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really nice

the boy has clearly made an effort though!

and yeh i dont disagree with you pred. you know ur stuff a bit too, i guess you cant argue with facts when it comes to shape but i have 6x9's in my car and it sounds good to me.

Old 30th March 2007, 20:46   #54
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

yeah its up to you what you do, ive used 6x9s amped in the past and then got components and i will never go back to them again as components sound so much better imo

Old 30th March 2007, 23:48   #55
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceybabyVTR View Post
the boy has clearly made an effort though!

and yeh i dont disagree with you pred. you know ur stuff a bit too, i guess you cant argue with facts when it comes to shape but i have 6x9's in my car and it sounds good to me.
if you hear an sq install, im sure you will change your mind

(thats if you havent heard one already but i doubt it)
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 23:55   #56
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

your right mate i haven't probably haven't heard any decent installs TBH I justdon't see the point in getting upset about it if you know what i mean

Old 31st March 2007, 00:29   #57
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigan32003 View Post
ports breathe fine , the boxs are the same size as the box the subs and amps came out of. seen as they are out of two cbr10 active subs . boxes are big enough for ports cos are same as vibe boxes u jus need to read up on the vibe cbr10 actives n kno the quality of em for the price YOU DONT UNDERSTAND PORTING

also the vibe rectangular 6x9s are design like compents have a separate woofer n oversize tweeter n they have the cross overs with them to you jus need to read up on the as they are award winning. BULLSHIT - the way you have them installed, they are working against your subs. Remove them

think sum ppl need to read up be4 they start dishin out shit. cant be doin with ppl that make stuff up as they go along this guys put alot of effort into his build. you jus need to hear it to know is good qualityQUALITY? Please dont ever offer me food and tell me that its quality. Quality is not a 6x9 speaker being bombarded with an ex-active sub ripped from its original oem enclosure into a similar one in the middle of a sunny delight promotional boot build
Basically,

Its a start.

Learn from it and make a better bash.
Remove the 6x9s.
Bin the flimsy oem parcel shelf
concentrate on what you want from your install before through bits of kit i then dressing it up to look nice
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2007, 05:19   #58
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

I always advise people to get the best possible sound for there money. I just dont see the point in buying a items that sound worse then stuff for similer money.

I have no connection to ANY ICE brand or shop so stuff I recomend is recomended for one simple reason. Its fucking good! I reckn that I have increased Bostons 5.25" component sales in the UK by at least 2% over then past few years though! Not that I get fuck all for it they just make a good component set for a fantastic price!

Theres a hell of a lot of people who aint got much of a clue about ICE hand out piss poor advice.

I dont want to blow my own trumpet but I have been deeply in to ICE since some people on here were bearly out of nappys!
Old 31st March 2007, 12:43   #59
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

i think dave secretly likes 6x9s just kiding

have you actually ever had them?? a remember my first set were good until i changed to components and now i will never look back

Old 31st March 2007, 16:30   #60
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

the only sheep i am is one following the crowd for better quality for the same money. No point wasting cash on something.

Im still not commenting on the build, if he likes it thats fine with me BUT he asked for comments...

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote