Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Closed Thread

Old 1st June 2007, 14:08   #121
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

if it aint set up right it will sound shit, you have to play around with settings adjust the fade on the headunit, you should have it on a low volume, (fast car did have set up discs on there mags before i used to use it until i lost it)
set it up using the amp settings and the headunit

Old 1st June 2007, 14:22   #122
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWard View Post
I still reckon that yoiu did not havew your system setup right.

Am still up for the challange MATT am more then happy to do it with just one sub. I never remember many db competititors using v12 amps and I was in to it big time about 6-7 years ago when they were out.
I went from 6x9's to comps to 7x10's! I got them after my complete system was stolen again, to provide big bass and full range. They were space savers and stealth, being run off an Alpine V12 weren't going to sound that dire either. I'm really not bothered about top draw sound quality as I know it will never compete against the squeeling and rattling breaks, noisy powerflow big bore exhaust, knocking, pinging suspension and all the other glorious road/air/interior & exterior vibration/traffic noises.

Can't you remember one of the most famous UK Db draggers? The female with little red metro with umpteen V12's? I used to enter Db comps all over with a friend in a blue Cav. He was at Derby and Donny both at the same time as that crazy old fire brigade van with the CV strokers. I used to chat with Adam Raynor as often as I could. He was one of the main enthusiasts regarding 7x10's.

That's it really, if people want to challenge me to an imaging contest then so be it. If they want a db contest 80hz and below or what ever they measure these days with their components against my 7x10's then do so.

Last edited by RS_Matt; 1st June 2007 at 14:27.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:44   #123
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

give it a rest and save it for the challenge

Old 1st June 2007, 14:46   #124
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

I take it your backing out then?

Why use a 7x10 with a great mid and tweeter in the middle fo it to produce 80hrz? You can use a mid bass driver or a sub for that job, either will do teh job loads better.

Car audio had moved on alot since them days mate. Speak to any audio engineer about speakers I doubt you will fine one that will advise using oval shaped speakers.

If oval was the way to go why are 98% of speakers in the world round?

If a car is sound deadened right then a lot of the noise can be kept out. ALso I never worked out why some people will spend a lot of money on a system then fit a stupid exhause to there cars. Same way I never worked out why people spend loads on getting a small amount of extra bhp out of there cars when they could sell there car and buy a faster one.

Last edited by DaveWard; 1st June 2007 at 14:53.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:46   #125
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Wrx
iTrader Score: 26 (100%)
OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
give it a rest and save it for the challenge
Well said lol.

dave you have a pm.

In need of a cheap car in west sussex near chichester,Please pm me.

Last edited by OLLYVTS; 1st June 2007 at 14:49.
Old 1st June 2007, 18:46   #126
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

it looks to me like rs-matt has a view that is not going to change no matter what people say and the same for dave. The thing that pisses me off is all the people with little or no experience that are just jumping on the bandwagon and putting in little diggs. I will fit 6x9 for a customer if they wont them like i did the other week because the guy just wanted a louder system and only really wants the people on the outside to here it BUT I had them running on a lpf and set to 125htz and they sounded quite good. I will always go for componants as i can get them cheap being in the trade, but if i was just looking for some more sound i would think about 6x9. And how many recording studio do you see with big arse 12" subs!!!!
Old 1st June 2007, 19:01   #127
RS_Matt
Established Member

RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWard View Post
I take it your backing out then?

Why use a 7x10 with a great mid and tweeter in the middle fo it to produce 80hrz? You can use a mid bass driver or a sub for that job, either will do teh job loads better.

Car audio had moved on alot since them days mate. Speak to any audio engineer about speakers I doubt you will fine one that will advise using oval shaped speakers.

If oval was the way to go why are 98% of speakers in the world round?

If a car is sound deadened right then a lot of the noise can be kept out. ALso I never worked out why some people will spend a lot of money on a system then fit a stupid exhause to there cars. Same way I never worked out why people spend loads on getting a small amount of extra bhp out of there cars when they could sell there car and buy a faster one.
sums up this forum perfectly, let others and I speak for ourselves for once.

You keep going on about speaker shape, I'm not bother about minor tweaks to improve sound quality as a car has so many overiding factors that make casual car audio use a non scientific thing. 6x9's etc are that shape for easier shelf fitment as most shelfs are wider than they are deep. A Good loud kit is all you need.

It's not just 80hz either I want defined loud punchy beats right up to 200hz. Plus a mdf shelf is more bass responsive than a car door so my mid bass will always sound better, mid bass speakers I find uneffecient and that would mean tweaking Dave when my system is simple, extra amp, wiring, midbass and fronts, possibly door builds - NO!

I got an exhaust as I like both loud bassy music in the car (not at home!) and the sound of the big bore. The exhaust is just one of a 100 noises you have to compete with when driving around listening to music, I don't want to tweak like crazy and have conspicuous door builds. I dare say there is another full range speaker on the market that hits like a HQ318. 2 speakers and an amp!!! and it sounded like a full system in my RS2000, that's not something to be sniffed at for the sake of touch clearer sound waves that are going to be tarnished by the elements anyway.. I don't think I could possibly blow the Kennies either and I've been giving them 500 watt of V12 power for 6 years. I bought a spare pair too but they are collecting dust in the cellar.

The only test we can do is ask random passers buy to sit in the cars and ask them to state which impressed them the most.

Last edited by RS_Matt; 1st June 2007 at 19:32.
Old 1st June 2007, 19:09   #128
RS_Matt
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevesy_vtr View Post
it looks to me like rs-matt has a view that is not going to change no matter what people say and the same for dave. The thing that pisses me off is all the people with little or no experience that are just jumping on the bandwagon and putting in little diggs. I will fit 6x9 for a customer if they wont them like i did the other week because the guy just wanted a louder system and only really wants the people on the outside to here it BUT I had them running on a lpf and set to 125htz and they sounded quite good. I will always go for componants as i can get them cheap being in the trade, but if i was just looking for some more sound i would think about 6x9. And how many recording studio do you see with big arse 12" subs!!!!
Pros and cons for both.

Eurocar in Wakefield initially installed my 7x10's into the RS2000 along with the V12 amp also some nice carpet detailing and they couldn't believe how hard the buggers hit, they advised strongly against the amp to power them but the cones have taken some hammer for 6 years.

Nobody believed my car was subless until I showed them, now if you can get some cheap off ebay and a decent JL audio, RF or Alpine V12 amp then go for it.

If you want to enter Imaging contests then don't, though nobody has complained about the sound in my car and they are very comfortably at full volume, no vibrations in their housing or screechy mid-highs. TBH as the system is mainly for vibrating the exterior and impressing pedestrians I couldn't care less that the sound isn't in the footwells.
Old 1st June 2007, 23:45   #129
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

my god lock this darn thread

Old 2nd June 2007, 01:39   #130
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

rolf..
Old 2nd June 2007, 10:03   #131
RS_Matt
Established Member

When I open my boot the kennies look great with the Lexus jobbies.
Old 2nd June 2007, 10:17   #132
doubledavies
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

doubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to behold

Old 2nd June 2007, 11:03   #133
belly_VTS
Frequent Poster

Car(s): cammed vts, (rest in pieces) corsa vxr - 340bhp
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
belly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of light

its childish imo, going this far just to prove a point.
Closed Thread