Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 29th June 2008, 18:52   #101
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_boy88 View Post
lol im deviding that 800 up, iv got 200 for the amp-200 for the sub, 200 for comps, and 200 for wiring and tarting it all up lol il sling the kenwood if need be m8
lol 1st thing the "tarting it up" you should spend on wiring obv, and the rest on sound deadening.. its essential especially with that pioneer sub and the jbl amp, if your getting that?

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/rain...xe-p-3854.html

those are very highly rated comps

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...02-p-5528.html

and this amp will power them nicely

i know thats over your £200 budget.. but if you get the jbl amp for £130, that will save you £70 and the pioneer sub would save you £115.. so its not like going over budget on the comps because money from other areas make it up

obv if you chose the jbl amp and pioneer sub, youd be saving money:

jbl amp: 120
pioneer sub: 85
rainbow comps: 120
amp for comps: 150
wiring for jbl amp: 40
wiring for spl amp: 25 maybe?

if your going for that set up that will cost you £540..

which leaves £260 for sound proofing and boxes etc

if the pioneer subs not what you want ill reccomend something else.. its all what you want.. really loud bass.. or not so loud high quality bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender

Last edited by Ashleyp; 29th June 2008 at 18:55.
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 18:57   #102
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

Car(s): mk1 saxo 1.1i SX
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
richie_boy88 will become famous soon enough

thats my setup wont be getting it all at once obv lol but that is deffaz my system!! cheers for all the help m8, you have raised me from a newbie lol are comps different to install because of the tweeters?
richie_boy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 19:01   #103
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

nice one mate

yeah theyre a bit more difficult.. but its worth it

all you have to do is add a couple extra wires behind the door card.. nothing major atall!

basically speaker wire runs from amp to crossover, the from crossover to woofer.. and another wire from crossover to tweeter
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 29th June 2008, 19:03   #104
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

alrite sounds peasy! il drop you a pm when i start kittin up and thanks agen m8!
Old 29th June 2008, 19:13   #105
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
alrite sounds peasy! il drop you a pm when i start kittin up and thanks agen m8!

so long as everythings pretty much all sorted

just boxes n sound proofin to go really
Quote:
Old 29th June 2008, 19:14   #106
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

wel..... soundproofing lol were do i put that?
Old 29th June 2008, 19:19   #107
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81707

have a read of that mate, scroll down and youll see the subheading "soundproofing".. basically put it everywhere you can

stuff the boot lid with loft insulation then cover it all with soundproofing.. it absorbs the rattles youll be getting from that ammount of bass.. and makes the bass sound a hell of a lot nicer

also the trip which covers the wiper moter should be taken off and pur foam strips inbetween that and the boot lid to absorb any rattles youd get from it
Quote:
Old 29th June 2008, 19:23   #108
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

ok champion m8, its gona sound hellish init!! i should be alright doin the boxes, am good at that stuff lol
Old 29th June 2008, 19:35   #109
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
ok champion m8, its gona sound hellish init!! i should be alright doin the boxes, am good at that stuff lol
thatll save you a bit of cash then so long as its the right size itll sound sweet
Quote:
Old 29th June 2008, 19:40   #110
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

yeah you saved me a load!! next hurdle is the setup but we will come to that when i HAVE the stuff lol
Old 29th June 2008, 21:28   #111
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Remember, the box of the sub is key to how it sounds! The box plays more of a part than the sub itself!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote