Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Old 17th September 2006, 23:45   #81
tevs
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): vectra 1.8 16v/vectra supertouring
tevs will become famous soon enoughtevs will become famous soon enough

i think its a good idea. if simo wants to make it a better site instead of all this abuse people say to each other and nastinas then i think its a good idea.
tevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:45   #82
stiffler69
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosiWestcoast View Post
lol quality. ok so i may have jumped the gun a little im gonna have to tone meself down a little bit now tho its gonna be solid to not swear lol
Cut down on e number and you will do just fine lol
stiffler69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:50   #83
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

I think a large number of you are taking this WAY to seriously.

Like the swearing one, we are talking about punishing excessive abusive swearing towards another member. Your right we are grown ups so why not speak like one instead of an uneducated oaf? We will not be clamping down on the occasional swear.

Things like posting in the wrong section: of course we wont hit you with a penalty for a new user posting in the wrong section. THe same sequence will occur but people who damn well know better will be warned and then punished if necessary.

Essentially the way the forum was governed yesterday will not change tomorrow, we WONT be looking to punish people we never have (unless your one of the few that think the mods are out to get you raaarrrrr)

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 00:05   #84
kateandjohn
Regular Poster

Car(s): 03 vts
kateandjohn is a jewel in the roughkateandjohn is a jewel in the roughkateandjohn is a jewel in the roughkateandjohn is a jewel in the rough

We will see how this works out!!
kateandjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 00:41   #85
SaxOmniaC
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): none at present
iTrader Score: -1 (0%)
SaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to all

interesting!
Old 18th September 2006, 01:00   #86
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

couldnt be assed to read the lot but some good points raised.

Any racism should be delbt with heavily (permanent ban) i have no time for neandethols.

Last edited by Barry123; 18th September 2006 at 01:56.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 02:02   #87
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Ok read the thread.

Just to reiterate my above post. 14 days for a racist comment is like giving a slapped wrist for sexual assault. Should be banned then hunted down and sliced in little meaty chunks, end of.

i may be a bit of a post abuser but in my defence I (believe I) post a fair amount of helpful technical kak too. I like to post the same way I'd have a jokey conversation face to face with a friend. I'm happy for the rules to be enforced at the end of the day. if my behaviour is considered to fall outside of the constraints set on this forum then so be it - I can change. So can others.
Old 18th September 2006, 09:18   #88
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
Ok read the thread.

Just to reiterate my above post. 14 days for a racist comment is like giving a slapped wrist for sexual assault. Should be banned then hunted down and sliced in little meaty chunks, end of.

i may be a bit of a post abuser but in my defence I (believe I) post a fair amount of helpful technical kak too. I like to post the same way I'd have a jokey conversation face to face with a friend. I'm happy for the rules to be enforced at the end of the day. if my behaviour is considered to fall outside of the constraints set on this forum then so be it - I can change. So can others.
Racism part: this will be the case, if there is anything bordering above something that could even remotely be linked to a joke the infractions system goes out the window closely followed by the user. Same with all the categories anything that goes beyond the line can be treated immediately

As above the infractions things seem to have been taken a little to seriously, these really are only guidelines and the style of moderating will not be changing its purely an extra tool to deal with "troublesome" people and once implemented on these troublesome folk they will find it really really hard to use this forum succesfully

But really these are NOT new hitleresque style enforcement rules these rules will simply work in the background

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 18th September 2006, 09:44   #89
noxtioN
Frequent Poster
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

noxtioN has a spectacular aura aboutnoxtioN has a spectacular aura aboutnoxtioN has a spectacular aura about

Good idea in my book!
noxtioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 09:51   #90
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
The infraction system will not REPLACE our traditional moderating skills/tools, it shall act as an additional tool to help moderators do their jobs more efficiently.

As Scott said... this is a background system, which 'most' people won't see in use. Regular minor-abusers will have action taken against them, making the community better for all.

=======

Another point...

It's all very well people poo-pooing this system, but there really is a need for it I think. You as an individual may be happy with the current forum practices, but many members submit reports and offer comments via email, suggesting that NOT everyone is happy.
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 12:46   #91
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 106 GTI
Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!

I always feel like, somebody's watching me.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 13:21   #92
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Got ya. I understand it a bit better now.

It seems a reasonable practice to implement
Old 18th September 2006, 13:45   #93
liamk15
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Type-r
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post

It's all very well people poo-pooing this system, but there really is a need for it I think. You as an individual may be happy with the current forum practices, but many members submit reports and offer comments via email, suggesting that NOT everyone is happy.

with 11700 members at this moment, it will be impossible to make everyone happy.

what one person finds offensive another will think its funny.
liamk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 14:05   #94
Tupps
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 172 Cup
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!

Do it......if it fails atleast it'll be a laugh
Tupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 14:09   #95
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 4th Impreza of the year - 391bhp - Audi S4 Avant,
Connor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team member

i reckon this will work

good plan
Old 18th September 2006, 14:14   #96
CampDavid
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Saxo VTS Peugeot 306 GTI-6 Astra SRI
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!

Any feedback I can get on my posts is welcomed. If I'm offending loads of people then I need to know about it so I can wind myself down a bit. If I'm not offending anyone then I need ot push things a bit harder
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 14:15   #97
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

campdavid,alot of your posts amuse me, keep it up

do we have the right to appeal? can we use video evidence? what about other members play acting to get other members booked?
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 14:20   #98
CampDavid
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Saxo VTS Peugeot 306 GTI-6 Astra SRI
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!

I just got an annoyed e-mail so I think I'm doing ok
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 14:20   #99
Scottp
Administrator

LMFBO all video evidence will be at the ruling of the fat video controller who may just have dropped his donut when an incident took place

Play acting will result in an atomic wedgie.

Ahem back on topic

Old 18th September 2006, 14:21   #100
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
campdavid,alot of your posts amuse me, keep it up

do we have the right to appeal? can we use video evidence? what about other members play acting to get other members booked?
also the waving of an imaginary card?
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote